Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28
Author Topic: Cloud Strife Project - Cloud Strife V2.0a2 Released - 3/14 - Glitches Fixed  (Read 132966 times)
felixsrg
Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #360 on: March 15, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »

Match Name Edit

Hi, Where exactly do you put that image?

I already searched everywhere I think that would fit, and I didn't find an archive to put this, help please and thanks in advance.
    « Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:16:58 PM by felixsrg » Logged

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #361 on: March 15, 2010, 10:15:42 PM »

You put it in info.pac.

Good luck getting it to work though. It's rather iffy. XD

TheHeroZack
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #362 on: March 16, 2010, 08:15:14 AM »

3 questions:
    1) Does the model replace 1 Ike, or all?
    2) If 1 Ike, Could somebody please make the KH1 and  Advent Children Costumes?
    3) will somebody be changing the FE Victory theme to suit Cloud? mainly because it feels strange that A final Fantasy Character's Victory is celebrated with music OTHER than the Classic FF Victory theme...

wii
    Texture Maker
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #363 on: March 16, 2010, 09:32:24 AM »

3 questions:
    3) will somebody be changing the FE Victory theme to suit Cloud? mainly because it feels strange that A final Fantasy Character's Victory is celebrated with music OTHER than the Classic FF Victory theme...
    ill import my AC costume and make it downloadable on wednesday for those who can not do it on their own.

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #364 on: March 16, 2010, 10:30:18 AM »

@cannon 98 and Jack.H, i mustve downloaded the older one JUST before you posted the newer one XD, lol it was all a matter of bad luck i guess..

@cannon 98, i guess i can think about it like that, like i said, im so used to ike's moveset over the model. either way, i think you should make him move forward a bit when he uses his side smash, like wolf does XD

either way, this is still just the first alpha, im sure you guys will make many improvements along the way to perfection Cheesy

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #365 on: March 16, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »

Well, I'm quite stnned by how good this release is.

Only glitches I found involved the side-B. I'm pretty sure I've managed a few times to land two Aerial Side-Bs in a row, without colliding with everything (not even a dodging opponent).
    And when I tried to spam it and see if I could reproduce it, I stumbled upon the same glitch as Wave Kusanagi : infinite sword trust pose.
    PAL version. File Patch Code v3.5.1A. Four characters match (Cloud, Samus, Yoshi and Marth). Happenned near the end of the match. At 5 or 6 minutes, I guess.

My review and opinions :

This character feels really great to play as a whole. A lot of moves that are really interesting and easy to pull off. I also really like the model, and all the shiny pretty green effets. They are really epic. However, I see some issues of unbalance on a few moves, so I'll do it in detail.

Note : No, I'm not a big [censored]bag for complaining about all and everything. No, I didn't hate this moveset because of all these things below. I found it as one on the most accurate, original, pretty and flexible movesets I've ever tested. So all these are basically nitpicks based on what I've felt when playing it, and little modifications that I think would make it the best Hack ever.  Grin

Now, if you'll excuse me, here's the huge blabbering:

AAA Combo : Kinda hard to land. I don't use it anymore, because it is really hard to pull off, and not rewarding enough ... Maybe extending a bit the hitbox of the last hit would help a lot, I think.

Side-Tilt : It's okay.

Down-Tilt : Hey, nice animation. Am I seeing things, or is he spinning a little when using this move ? Problem is, neither this move or his D-Smash can hit something right at his feet. Try it on some of the switches of SSE ...  Wink I think adding a slight hitbox near the feet would be better. Even if not powerful.

Up-Tilt : It's a really quick move, and quite powerful. I'd suggest nerfing it down just a little bit. A very slight nerf ...

Dash attack : A bit hard to land and not that powerful. But Cloud barely uses this move at all, so ... well.

Side-Smash : Uh ... at first I thought it had a bit too much range considering its power. Now, I'm not so sure anymore, since I don't remember landing it a lot in standart matches.

Up-Smash : This thing has a long delay, and is alright in power. But that's tolerable. The animation looks a bit weird, though. But I can't figure out how it could look better.  Undecided

Down-Smash : Good lord, this move is sooooo slow. |-D I don't even remember if it's powerful. I've landed it like ... what ? 2 times in ten matches ? >_< Please, give it less starting lag, and a bit less ending lag. It's barely useable, right now.

Neutral-Aerial : Very good. Great animation, great move. Nothing else to add.  Grin

Forward-Aerial : Ugh ... this is a really strong KO move, with very good reach and few lag. I really suggest you slow it up a bit. This is just overkill, right now.

Back-Aerial : (Just out of curiosity, was this one changed in some way ?  Grin). Good, very good. Another quick and powerful KO move. Since he has this, I already suggested to nerf his AFA a bit.

Up-Aerial : Umh ... an okay move. Don't change anything.  Smiley

Down-Aerial : Too powerful considering its speed. It's like Ike's D-Air only faster and with a bigger area of effect. You should either add some starting/ending lag, or reduce its power.

Neutral-B (Ground) : This shouldn't hit this many times ... It slows the enemy down so much. I wouldn't have thought of Fire as a "get away from me move", but I found myself using it as one really fast. Besides, a quick charge time is okay, as well as a longer reach with the charge. Keeping it like this lets Cloud maintain his smooth gameplay ... But please, don't make the fully-charged Fire that deadly.
    You should either tone down the power, or add more charge time. I'd prefer the first option, as it is a better idea for Cloud's flexible gameplay.
    I'd say the attack should have a very slight increase of power when charging (less than 30% more at full charge), and keep the fast-charged, long range fireballs.  Wink

Neutral-B (Aerial) : Definitely too powerful. It's like the close-range spam attack from hell. Landing the four hits is really easy, it has almost no starting or ending lag, and it both damages and kills quickly. I really like the idea of the aerial combo. But as an "easy to pull off" finisher ? Bleh.  Tongue
    I think you should tone down the damage/knockback a bit, and add a little more starting OR ending lag.

Side-B (Ground) : Good. The second hit looks a little weird though (and does almost nothing to the opponent except slow you down).

Side-B (Aerial) : Very good. I'm just a little disappointed it doesn't spike if it did. But it would be a bit too powerful ... Maybe giving it lower knockback in both power and degree ?  Smiley
    But if you don't, it's really okay, I guess.

Up-B (Ground) : This is kinda useless as a ground move. Tongue Maybe a little wind push back effect to spice it up a little bit ? ^^

Up-B (Aerial) : Nice recovery. It just lacks a voice/sound effect, I think. I don't really manage to use it consistently as an attack, though.

Down-B (Ground) : Range is much too wide. o_Ô Seriously. How do you avoid that ? Please shorten it to something more adequate for its power and knockback.

Down-B (Aerial) : I never managed to pull it off in any regular match. Is it supposed to spike ? I don't even know.  I say you should fasten the spinning animation. It's certainly THE most "not-flexible-at-all" move in Cloud's flexible moveset. (With the D-Smash just behind.)

Final Smash : Oooh, nice ... I like the attacks a lot. I think you already know what should disappear in a future version ... all the remaining fire effect in the beginning, and at the end.  Smiley

Taunts : Very good. And why does Cloud taunt people by dying ? XD

Grabs : Unchanged, I suppose ?

Fiu, alright. Hope it helped.   Smiley

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #366 on: March 16, 2010, 11:42:50 AM »

Up-B ground version spikes people recovering from under the blade pretty often.

Raiuken
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #367 on: March 16, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »

1) The texture itself with the hair and sword is all 1 Ike texture model, so you don't have to worry about having a regular Ike Costume altered.
    2) Wavekusanagi posted a Kingdom Hearts costume earlier in this thread (page 7 for those who want to see the screenshot), http://www.mediafire.com/?oxddjejorgn
    3) tjmsrubegoldberg made a song pack for that:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=818.0
    The first part of the FF7 fanfare is used for the Victory theme, which is included in the pack.
    « Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:37:38 PM by Raiuken » Logged

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #368 on: March 16, 2010, 12:23:46 PM »

Actually Shadow already made one too. It even loops and everything. XD

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #369 on: March 16, 2010, 12:39:21 PM »

Up-B ground version spikes people recovering from under the blade pretty often.
    Wow, I'd never have imagined. oÔ
    Then I guess I found the use for the grounded Up-B. Smiley

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Jack H.
    Titles cost $5,000
    Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

« Reply #370 on: March 16, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »

Updated the first post with the new release that was placed onto the blog post. Should fix most animation issues. Check the blog comments for a time frame of when to expect the next few updates.

-Jack H.

masticatedmuffins
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #371 on: March 16, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »

I must say that playing with the 2.0a2 is an absolute blast. The vertex/texture hack is now PERFECT. Many of the animation are just awesome. Although room for minor tweaks and adjustments (in due time), Cloud rocks and I thank you.

Just wondering, any chance of later builds incorporating the cloud waiting stance? That's the one thing I reeeally wanna see, just curious if its being considered or in the works.

Also voice and sound  effects. I've read they are rather hard to do, just curious if there's any update or slight morsel on the subject.

Great work, you guys are AMAZING.

TheHeroZack
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #372 on: March 17, 2010, 06:09:27 AM »

it's odd...Cloud actually sounds BETTER with Ike's Voice...it strips him of that Emo vibe I hate so much...

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #373 on: March 17, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »

I couldn't agree more. I never was a fan of his English voice, and I only like his Japanese one because it's the same person who does Haseo's Japanese voice from .hack//G.U.

I'm playing Brawl with Japanese voices and Cloud sounds great with Ike's voice there too. XD
    « Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:38:10 PM by Wave Kusanagi » Logged

Akari_Un
    Hyper Kitten

DasDonkey Team

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: March 17, 2010, 02:59:49 PM »

I finally test the PSA, and I have to say that is ovrpowered
    a lot of knockback when attack, no landlag on air attacks an other things, Ill write a review of the PSA later

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28
    Print
    Jump to: