Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9
Author Topic: Athena Asamiya V8.1 and Team Textures  (Read 62722 times)
drsusredfish
Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 11:03:35 PM »

Sup guys i just uploaded Athena V2.0. Make sure you watch the video it has the info on her new moves. I'll eventually update the graphics on this page.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 07:50:34 AM »

GREAT job so far, just wondering, are you balancing her for Brawl+?

And is she going to float on her 3rd jump in the final version? I never played KoF but it doesn't seem to suit her lol

drsusredfish
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 08:08:19 AM »

GREAT job so far, just wondering, are you balancing her for Brawl+?

And is she going to float on her 3rd jump in the final version? I never played KoF but it doesn't seem to suit her lol

Yes i'm going to balance her for Brawl+ and yes im' going to get rid of the floating on the special jump. I'm going to try and make her third jump have three height options like her side b has distance options. i want to get rid of the horizontal floating too but i don't know how yet.
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:51:36 PM by drsusredfish » Logged

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 08:53:33 AM »

If you can't get rid of the floating it's not like it would completely not fit. Athena's all magic and whatnot, so floating is believable. Also, Psycho Sword came out great, but it would be really nice if you can change the stance she went into when floating after it.

After seeing the video she seems kind of really broken. A smash that's a long projectile and a teleport is a little absurd and being able to cancel that down-B (which should totally be Phoenix Arrow btw  I see what you did there ... ) seems to powerful too. I really like her up-smash, but I would try to cut it down to just have to crystals at shoulder height rather than a slew of them all around. It would make it more balanced and more faithful to the game.

Sorry for all of the advice, I love KOF so I've gotten sort of attached to this project.
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:03:08 AM by DocStrange » Logged

drsusredfish
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »

If you can't get rid of the floating it's not like it would completely not fit. Athena's all magic and whatnot, so floating is believable. Also, Psycho Sword came out great, but it would be really nice if you can change the stance she went into when floating after it.

After seeing the video she seems kind of really broken. A smash that's a long projectile and a teleport is a little absurd and being able to cancel that down-B (which should totally be Phoenix Arrow btw  I see what you did there ... ) seems to powerful too. I really like her up-smash, but I would try to cut it down to just have to crystals at shoulder height rather than a slew of them all around. It would make it more balanced and more faithful to the game.

Sorry for all of the advice, I love KOF so I've gotten sort of attached to this project.
    Thanks for the advice i need input to do this right. I want her down B in the air to be Phoenix Arrow but for some reason i can't get down B in the air to do anything. The float stance after her psycho sword what do you suggest because i can change it? Also the side smash and teleport  might be balanced because the button input is kind of difficult to do and the projectile is weak and un-spamable. I need more input to decide what to do with the side smash.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 06:54:56 PM »

Umm, could you maybe make the button combos for the teleporting distances easier, it's kinda difficult to remember during a fight, and I'll most likely forget eventually unless I come back here to check

Also, there's a place on smashboards where you can submit your character to be balanced for Brawl+, brawl-, BB, and Project M,(when these all come out) they'll do it for you

drsusredfish
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »

Umm, could you maybe make the button combos for the teleporting distances easier, it's kinda difficult to remember during a fight, and I'll most likely forget eventually unless I come back here to check

Also, there's a place on smashboards where you can submit your character to be balanced for Brawl+, brawl-, BB, and Project M,(when these all come out) they'll do it for you

Were you able to do each of the teleport distances?
    Remembering the buttons isn't what i'm cocerned about. I'm trying to make her play like other fighting games like KOF, tekken, SF4,MK finishers ect. In those games the fighters have their own unique button inputs, like the comand for ryu's haduken, and to master the fighter you just have to remember the inputs or make a cheat sheet.
    However if its just not posible for your fingers to perform the action i'll most likely change it.

drsusredfish
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »

wassup people just leting you know i have a video up of Athena V3.0. No download yet. I'm at school and don't have my SD card plus i have some minor edits to do. Enjoy the video the download will be up latter today.

Ayzer
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 01:55:18 PM »

awsome

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 02:26:48 PM »

Were you able to do each of the teleport distances?
    Remembering the buttons isn't what i'm cocerned about. I'm trying to make her play like other fighting games like KOF, tekken, SF4,MK finishers ect. In those games the fighters have their own unique button inputs, like the comand for ryu's haduken, and to master the fighter you just have to remember the inputs or make a cheat sheet.
    However if its just not posible for your fingers to perform the action i'll most likely change it.

I couldn't do the one where you have to hold down the button then let go, though it may be because my controller's are old and the buttons get stuck sometimes, I'll try on a newer one when i get it

drsusredfish
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »

Alright guys and gals Athena V3.0 is ready for download.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 12:53:03 PM »

Wow, she's looking a lot better, this project is going really well and honestly I'm shocked that something this nice is coming from a "sexy" mugen character. That glitched Phoenix Arrow looks ridiculous, but everything else seems to be coming out very well and I love what you did with the floating after Psycho Sword. I do think that Shining Crystal Bit would work better as her neutral special though. Overall great job!

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »

she would look even better if you gave me that texture on your account

drsusredfish
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »

she would look even better if you gave me that texture on your account

That texture is on my texture page in the texture forum

Her name is princess pixie

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1128.0

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »

Have I mentioned how much I love this PSA? Azn

Coding-wise, I love what you've done with her, even utilizing the float aspect of her Up-B. From a technical gameplay standpoint, she has so many little tricks to work with she is a very versatile character. Nothing blatantly broken, from what I can tell. Awesome work =)

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9
    Print
    Jump to: