Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Common5 vs selcharacter(selmap) question.  (Read 1059 times)
Virgil328509
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 07, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »

Hello. It has been awhile since I was on the brawl modding scene(The two mods I made kinda suck anyway) and recently I returned. Now I am messing around doing things I didn't do before, such as Custom CSS and such. However, I know that the Common5 file has a filesize limit it can reach before freezing(Not sure what that is again? 12.4 mb?). I also know that both selcharacter and selmap of common5 can be used in menu2 folder(or so I am lead to believe). So here is my question; Which is more effective to use? All textures and what not in common 5? Or splitting up into selcharacter and selmap?

I truly apologize if this has been asked many times before. Sorry.

ASF1nk
HAX PRODIGY
Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »

sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap are best when you're editing them as you can just pull out the sd card and put back in to see changes. Common5 gets loaded into memory so you have to restart the Wii each time you make changes. Other than that; Either/or.

Virgil328509
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:03:36 PM »

sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap are best when you're editing them as you can just pull out the sd card and put back in to see changes. Common5 gets loaded into memory so you have to restart the Wii each time you make changes. Other than that; Either/or.

Oh? I was unaware that you could remove the SD card while running mods with, what is it, Smashstack(thats the Stage Editor loader right?)?

But either way works eh? I probably will stick with just using common5 then, since its a nice clean, one file to work with thing. I like it like that. Okay thank you very much.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: