Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yoshi freezes for no apparent reason  (Read 1814 times)
GanonZack
Extreme Kitten

Dark Lord's Disciple: GanonZack

• Awards Featured Ninja Tutorial Writer Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 26, 2013, 09:24:11 PM »

In all my experience with issues in Brawl Hacks I have never encountered one like this.
    Yoshi freezes whenever it's going to enter the screen on any mode of hacked Brawl.
    I have played with him without hacks and he works flawlessly. Also, I know that the imports over him aren't the ones causing the problem (I have Galaxy Yoshi, Birdo, Dry Bones, Koopa, Boshi and Quataquack). I never have replaced him with ports (both normal and/or rel) or PSAs/movesets and there aren't codes that affect him directly.
    Plus, I know that the smashbros_sound isn't causing the problem because I have never replaced any sound or sfx of him and I have tried without that file (It freezes too of this form).
    Anyone have idea of what's happening?, thanks in advance.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:25:49 PM by GanonZack » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »

Yay u have my quataquack hack Awesome Face

anyway, turn off all your codes. if that doesn tfix, delete your yoshi folder.

try that

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Blueyoshi005
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 09:56:40 PM »

I'm having the same problem and after 3 hours of deleting and replacing stuff I know that the problem is with the .rel codes. However I haven't found a way of fixing it except replacing Yoshi...

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 09:59:26 PM »

Yay u have my quataquack hack Awesome Face

anyway, turn off all your codes. if that doesn tfix, delete your yoshi folder.

try that
    Yes, is a very good import. It has been on my Yoshi's blue slot for almost one year or more.
    And thanks for your help, it appears to be some code that is making him freeze on the start of the match. Now I have to search it <.<...

I'm having the same problem and after 3 hours of deleting and replacing stuff I know that the problem is with the .rel codes. However I haven't found a way of fixing it except replacing Yoshi...
    Are you using more than once the XX has Marth IC Constant code?... i think that maybe that's the problem. It's one of the few codes that I added recently.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:05:35 PM by GanonZack » Logged

Blueyoshi005
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:19:22 PM »

Are you using more than once the XX has Marth IC Constant code?... i think that maybe that's the problem. It's one of the few codes that I added recently.
    Yeah I have one IC constant over Wario, the others I'm not sure because they say something like "Ness has 2 jab" and "Ness has 0 U13" but if I take them off the characters go into T-poses during certain attacks.

Post Merge: January 27, 2013, 12:19:58 PM
    HAH! After about 2 hours of deleting and replacing codes, I finally found out that this one code called "Lucas result" was causing Yoshi to crash, so I deleted it and now both Yoshi and the character I have over Lucas work perfectly. So look at your codes and if you have any called "xx result" just delete them and Yoshi should be fine.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:19:58 PM by Blueyoshi005 » Logged

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 02:31:54 PM »

Yeah I have one IC constant over Wario, the others I'm not sure because they say something like "Ness has 2 jab" and "Ness has 0 U13" but if I take them off the characters go into T-poses during certain attacks.

Post Merge: January 27, 2013, 12:19:58 PM
    HAH! After about 2 hours of deleting and replacing codes, I finally found out that this one code called "Lucas result" was causing Yoshi to crash, so I deleted it and now both Yoshi and the character I have over Lucas work perfectly. So look at your codes and if you have any called "xx result" just delete them and Yoshi should be fine.
    Thanks!. You were right, even if that code isn't supposed to affect Yoshi...

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: