Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 446989 times)
Syvkal
Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #585 on: June 24, 2014, 11:52:27 AM »

Apologies if I should be asking this somewhere else, but I think I've finally found a way of fixing the camera issue on my stage. However, I'm no longer certain if it's Wii-safe. I was wondering if anyone would interested in testing it out for me? (I don't have my Wii with me currently)

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #586 on: June 24, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »

wii u battlefield project
    Dude, major props if you can pull that off.

Apologies if I should be asking this somewhere else, but I think I've finally found a way of fixing the camera issue on my stage. However, I'm no longer certain if it's Wii-safe. I was wondering if anyone would interested in testing it out for me? (I don't have my Wii with me currently)

I've got you, just PM me the .pac file and I should be able to test it before I go to work (otherwise I can test it later this afternoon).

Oh, and here's another stage preview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0rfVK72UA&feature=youtu.be
    It's really, really rough, so expect it to be waaaay more polished if I ever get around to releasing it.

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #587 on: June 24, 2014, 01:04:06 PM »

Cheers Sandfall, I'll do that now =]

Also, love how you (I'm guessing) changed the z-axis to get the ghosts only to hurt you when they change colour. Slight delay on the colour change, but you said it's rough, so I'm guessing that would be fixed later on Azn

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #588 on: June 24, 2014, 06:22:47 PM »

i forgot to show this here.. how could i D:

<a href="http://youtu.be/zqJD8ucEfcM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/zqJD8ucEfcM</a>

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #589 on: June 27, 2014, 08:51:13 PM »

Ok guys, no pictures yet (they will hopefully come tomorrow... or sometime soon), but I'm going to be remaking Rainbow Cruise. Seeing as GBC didn't take any of my suggestions, I'm going to make them myself, probably using parts of his stage as a base =] Either that or I'll enlarge a different platform, but I quite like the one he's chosen.

Anyways, I've come up with LOTS of ideas for platform configurations, due to how awesome the stage mechanics are in Rainbow Cruise. I will probably end up making a lot of variations, but I was hoping to get your opinion on a few?

Here are a few crappy diagrams with explanations:

So the black bit is the main stage. On the side are Donut Blocks, which drop when you stand on them for too long, these would just be there to aid recovery.
    The main part of the stage would be the magic carpets. As far as I am aware, I can make them go in any path I want. Loops, squares, back and forth etc. What makes them unique (as you probably know) is that if you stand on them they start moving, if you get off, they stop. If you don't get back on, then they reset to their starting position - after a short period. I think this will make for a really interesting and dynamic stage to battle on

Exactly the same as before, but with only one magic carpet

Ok so I haven't decided what would go on the top of the stage (maybe normal platforms, maybe donut blocks?), but on the sides I was thinking of having magic carpets. What I was planning was that they move towards the blast zone. This would mean people could easily/safely get to off stage opponents to hit them even further off, but potentially (if you mess up) giving them a way of recovering. I was hoping for your opinions on this idea =]

Right, so I'm not sure what would go on the sides, but the main part is the platform in the middle. When you stand on one side it dips down to that side and when you stand on the other side it dips down to that side. This would seriously make for an interesting stage mechanic Cheesy

These are just a few ideas. I'm pretty certain I can make all this (going to start sometime tomorrow I hope), but I just wanted to write it all down while it's fresh in my mind and get some feedback before I start =]

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #590 on: June 28, 2014, 07:19:44 AM »

Interesting layouts. I like the donut platforms on the sides, and I really want the magic carpets to be implemented somehow, but I'm thinking I like the tilting platform in the middle better. As much as I'd like most if not all of the original elements to be incorporated somehow, I feel it'd start getting cluttered pretty quick.

Also, have you considered using the swinging platform as well? A natural place to put it would be in the middle of the stage, in place of the tilting platform. Just a thought.

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #591 on: June 28, 2014, 08:14:58 AM »

I will probably keep the donut side platforms on any variations I make =]
    I'm considering how I could possibly make the stage switch between the tilting platform and the carpets... maybe?

I know I can make the tilt platform appear and disappear, haven't tested the carpets yet (what with the .rel files sometimes controlling the bones) but I have a plan on how to make it work.

As for the swing... If I make the stage transform between layouts (which will unfortunately be fixed order) then I can include it... but I don't feel it's that unique to Rainbow Cruise (New Pork has one too xD)

Post Merge: June 29, 2014, 07:12:42 PM
    Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd give you guys an update =]

Here's my current test:

The donut blocks work and fall down perfectly. And the magic carpet I have set at the moment to just move to the right of the stage and then back again. Other than the route it works exactly like the one from Rainbow Cruise.

Oh and yeah, haven't used CBG's platform as a base, but I might end up doing so - purely because his has the checkerboard going horizontal instead of diagonal... Tongue

:edit:

Nevermind, bug fixed!! I'm not sure what I messed up in my original, but while rebuilding (to figure out the bug) it seemed to vanish... so yeah stage is working fine! =D
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:10:35 PM by Syvkal » Logged

GBC
    Holy Kitten

animations and stuffffff

• Awards Star Hacker King for a Day Smash 3 Team >9000

« Reply #592 on: June 29, 2014, 11:11:28 PM »

Im srs here still have some work to do but uhhh heres progress

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #593 on: June 29, 2014, 11:14:47 PM »

Wow. Haven't seen that stage in a while...

: SW-2632-7270-6724

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #594 on: June 30, 2014, 02:46:08 AM »

that stage is fricking epic.
    can't wait to see it finished

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #595 on: July 05, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »

Looking good =] Saw some videos of the stage too, can't wait until it's done Azn

Just thought I'd post an updated picture:

Decided for the moment to make the magic carpets stay in one location (until I decide on something interesting to do with them), but they still disappear if you don't get back on them. Not sure if I've got their positioning quite right, still got time to tweak it though Tongue

The other versions are more or less done, just working on making a Transforming version too. I currently have 4 different versions (8 if you count the additional one I made for each without the side donut blocks) and then I'm working on 3 different transforming variations (again 6 versions if you count without the donut blocks).

Hoping you'll be spoilt for choice Tongue

:edit: Oh, and here's a crappy gif of one of the other variations:
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:13:32 PM by Syvkal » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #596 on: July 06, 2014, 04:37:12 AM »

that .gif version...
    it's epic!

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #597 on: July 06, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »

Haha thank you Cheesy
    I've got so many different versions it's silly... it's going to be a big pack (currently trying to cut a few). I'm going to make a few transforming versions too, with select sections.

Here's a possible section for one of the transforming versions:

Bit hard to see I guess at this angle, but it's a curved platform that just makes a bit of a hump in the centre of the stage

And here's another gif, this time of the main platforms:

They stay there if you just stand on them, but if you get off they will begin to flash and then disappear (unless you get back on them). They respawn shortly afterwards.
    « Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:37:56 AM by Syvkal » Logged

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Starstormer Renowned Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #598 on: July 09, 2014, 06:09:49 PM »

So I made the Maze Planet into a stage...

You fight on the top.

FQuintanilla14
    Extreme Kitten

あなたが好きです。本当に。

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #599 on: July 09, 2014, 09:31:38 PM »

I've decided to make the Final Destination version of the Mario Galaxy Stage from Smash 4:

Still working on textures and modelling. Tongue I'm not sure if I should add Starship Mario/the airship, because I'd have to retopologise everything so it won't lag the game.

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

Pages:  1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: