Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 444283 times)
Bad Box Art Mega Man
Keeper of the Gaming Universe
Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #450 on: February 08, 2014, 02:04:32 PM »

NES game = / = 3DS game
    i know. why not have a bit of VC representation in there?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• Awards Former PMDT Tutorial Writer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #451 on: February 08, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »

This has happened to me before. I believe that's to do with the order in brawlbox...
    Try putting them in a ModelData[ # ] with a higher index than the water model. Should fix the problem as far as I know.

Or it could simply be coincidence that this solution worked for me... xD

I had to move it to the same ModelData as the water.  I had all of my animated bits in ModelData[1] before because somewhere I read that I can only have animated collisions in ModelData[1].  Moving this down to the same ModelData as my water plane solved the issue.  I had tried moving my water plane up to the same ModelData as the beam earlier and that didn't solve the issue, so I'm clueless as to why moving it managed to solve the problem.  I don't care, it works now.

@DSX8, I had tried your suggestion, and had tried toggling almost every option that I could find in the materials for both the beam and the water, nothing was working.  On the upside, I now understand a lot more about how those materials work from tweaking them so much, and now my beam looks better because of it haha.

@SonicBrawler: Nice basic stage.  It's simple but effective and pretty.  Keep it up man.

@Angelglory: I would put a bit of time into UVmapping that 3DS properly.  Right now the stretched textures on the sides of everything makes my head hurt.  Other than that, I'd be interested in seeing some Mutant Mudds or SteamWorld Dig love in that stage.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #452 on: February 08, 2014, 03:21:38 PM »

That looks pretty good

How about Megaman Legends 3 Mario vs Donkey Kong?

and here is my first stage. all thats left is to get a good camera system going cuz right now its odd

I may add a few more spaceish pokemon or something
    Why not adding Deoxys? The Space pokemon could fit well in this stage... Just suggesting though...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #453 on: February 08, 2014, 06:09:57 PM »

On the upside, I now understand a lot more about how those materials work from tweaking them so much, and now my beam looks better because of it haha.
    This is why this community really needs to have some kind of material/shader documentation project. A handful of people methodically and thoroughly messing with shader parameters like this could create a comprehensive guide on understanding and using them, which is something that a lot of hackers could really use.

Also, nice job on the stage so far!
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:41:13 PM by Peardian » Logged

Click for my stuff:

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #454 on: February 08, 2014, 06:14:17 PM »

I'm clueless as to why moving it managed to solve the problem.  I don't care, it works now.
    Haha, told you it should work xD No idea why it works though, I'm guessing something to do with transparency and the priority that it loads the models. But I could be wrong Tongue

I believe someone used this "glitch" as a feature in a stage. Portals open up around the stage and you can see a second model behind the normal one. I think one model was a desert and the other was the same location but in the past, covered in grass and trees. Was pretty cool!

Dr.
    Hyper Kitten

Hi stranger, you look good ;D

• Awards Featured Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #455 on: February 08, 2014, 06:55:27 PM »

This is why this community really needs to have some kind of material/shader documentation project. A handful of people methodically and thoroughly messing with shader parameters like this could create a comprehensive guide on understanding and using them, which is something that a lot of hackers could really use.

Also, nice job on the stage so far!

There is documentation, right here:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39649

Although is not something easy to read.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #456 on: February 09, 2014, 12:08:32 AM »

Although is not something easy to read.

78% of the words mentioned  aren't even words I haven't learned yet,

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #457 on: February 09, 2014, 12:20:18 AM »

I was going to link to that as it was rather helpful, but yea... really not easy to read at all.

I'm not at the point of being able to really teach someone how to make a material or shader, so I wouldn't feel confident in being able to put a guide together or anything like that just yet.  I'm sure Mewtwo2000 or DSX8 would be able to do so though Tongue

Also, was trying to animate my camera when the stage splits apart, loaded up the map and this happened.

BustedLighting

I was just surprised at how well it matched the music.

Now I'm trying to create waves that crash into the shores.  Painting waves is strange.  I don't know where to begin with a lot of it.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #458 on: February 09, 2014, 01:38:21 AM »

I was going to link to that as it was rather helpful, but yea... really not easy to read at all.

I'm not at the point of being able to really teach someone how to make a material or shader, so I wouldn't feel confident in being able to put a guide together or anything like that just yet.  I'm sure Mewtwo2000 or DSX8 would be able to do so though Tongue

Also, was trying to animate my camera when the stage splits apart, loaded up the map and this happened.

BustedLighting

I was just surprised at how well it matched the music.

Now I'm trying to create waves that crash into the shores.  Painting waves is strange.  I don't know where to begin with a lot of it.
    ill be honest with ya here... animating a camera doesnt work in brawl (i even imported scn0's from other wii games that has animated camera's and they dont work at all)

and since u added frames to the scn0, ur scn0 lighting got all messed up

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #459 on: February 09, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »

So is there any way to do something like Bridge of Eldin where the thing spawns in the middle and stretches the camera there while the bridge is being repaired?  Or do I just not have any control over camera stuff at all?

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #460 on: February 09, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »

@Dr: I'm glad that exists at least, but they key word I mentioned is "comprehensive". Not even I would be able to use that for anything, and I know most of those terms.

Smashville may be a good starting point. They may be cartoony waves, but they could give you ideas.

Click for my stuff:

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #461 on: February 09, 2014, 12:46:56 PM »

I based my waves off of the work I did in a previous game.  Was able to setup the shader/materials pretty easy for this one. (I'm getting the hang of this thing)

QuickWaterDemo

I wanted the waves to be subtle, but enough to just break up the massive water plane out there.

I think next is the clouds, and possibly adding smoke coming out of the chimneys in the houses in the background.... and then I might be done?... feels weird to almost be done.  I don't know if I like it.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #462 on: February 09, 2014, 12:47:35 PM »

So is there any way to do something like Bridge of Eldin where the thing spawns in the middle and stretches the camera there while the bridge is being repaired?  Or do I just not have any control over camera stuff at all?
    all the shaking is controlled via .rel file.. so yeah, u dont have any control over that.. the best chance to shake would be to make the whole stage shake, and man talk about alot of keyframes for that lol :/

https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #463 on: February 11, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »

have some in-game pics of the spirit tracks stage... coloring on the castle is fixed tho.. just ignore the blue shade to it xD

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #464 on: February 12, 2014, 03:30:17 AM »

please add alfonzo in there...

Pages:  1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: