Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 444308 times)
Akeno/Archer
Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #510 on: May 06, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »

Mewtwo did make one about lighting. It is truly simple, helpful, and makes a huge difference in a stage.
    Can you give me a link to it, please? I need to fix lightings in one of my stages...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #511 on: May 09, 2014, 11:32:08 PM »

The paper bros will also have their stage appearance.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #512 on: May 24, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »

Reviving this place with some teasers I've shown in my thread.

Early preview

Some improvement

Current version

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #513 on: May 26, 2014, 01:52:00 PM »

Can you give me a link to it, please? I need to fix lightings in one of my stages...

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21475.msg401953#msg401953

Here ya go, I learned custom lighting by this tutoria as well. Now, give me wine for my assistance.

I'm ready to import my first imported stage, just gathering som resources and a dit mor knowledge.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #514 on: May 26, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »

enjoy u little [censored]s... started some animations for the subway stage

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #515 on: May 26, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »

where do i click "like"?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #516 on: May 26, 2014, 07:42:48 PM »

hah.. u can hit "like"... with this video!!

<a href="http://youtu.be/_VYz4o6_8fY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/_VYz4o6_8fY</a>

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #517 on: May 26, 2014, 09:52:46 PM »

Glad Mortal Kombat gets some love. MK9 was so damn good.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Dhillon521
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #518 on: May 29, 2014, 10:09:40 PM »

Tongue

Helping KTH with Chemical Plant Zone.

. That's cool

masamune
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #519 on: May 31, 2014, 09:20:44 PM »

Slowly, but surely working on this:

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #520 on: June 01, 2014, 02:55:20 AM »

So, I'm currently working on a balanced version of Hanenbow. It's already turning out to be one of the more unique stages I've played on. Here's what I've got so far (that big, ugly stage builder block in the middle is a placeholder):

As you can see, all of the leaves still work normally and there are leaves on the edges of the stage. This means you can actually move the ledge slightly by attacking it. This opens the door for fresh, new forms of edgeguarding tactics.

However, I'm new at this, so I've ran into a bit of a wall. I have a few questions I hope you guys can answer.

1. How do I make simple 2-D models with transparencies? I want to replace the block in the middle and I also want to replace the "stem" of the flower (to get rid of the "stems" on the right side of the stage).

2. The leaves on the ledge are now solid and no longer fall-through. Is there a way I can change the leaves so that players can better differentiate between the ones on the main stage and those on the ledge? The best I could do was change the textures to what is shown on the images above, but I don't think that will be enough

3. Does anyone know how to edit the hitboxes of those leaves? I know Superguzzi did it in his Hanenbow+ stage, but I have no idea where to even look for that data.

Pretty much any advice on this stage would be hugely appreciated (especially ideas on what to replace that big block with)

Also, masamune, how did you get the lava on your stage to not rise and fall?
    « Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:43:02 AM by Sandfall » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #521 on: June 01, 2014, 07:29:59 AM »

So, I'm currently working on a balanced version of Hanenbow. It's already turning out to be one of the more unique stages I've played on. Here's what I've got so far (that big, ugly stage builder block in the middle is a placeholder):

As you can see, all of the leaves still work normally and there are leaves on the edges of the stage. This means you can actually move the ledge slightly by attacking it. This opens the door for fresh, new forms of edgeguarding tactics.

However, I'm new at this, so I've ran into a bit of a wall. I have a few questions I hope you guys can answer.

1. How do I make simple 2-D models with transparencies? I want to replace the block in the middle and I also want to replace the "stem" of the flower (to get rid of the "stems" on the right side of the stage).

2. The leaves on the ledge are now solid and no longer fall-through. Is there a way I can change the leaves so that players can better differentiate between the ones on the main stage and those on the ledge? The best I could do was change the textures to what is shown on the images above, but I don't think that will be enough

3. Does anyone know how to edit the hitboxes of those leaves? I know Superguzzi did it in his Hanenbow+ stage, but I have no idea where to even look for that data.

Pretty much any advice on this stage would be hugely appreciated (especially ideas on what to replace that big block with)

Also, masamune, how did you get the lava on your stage to not rise and fall?

YES YES YES I love this.

1. You can grab one from this stage of mine: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12744

I used it for the cars in the background and Start line. If you're only going to use one, this is the perfect one for you. Just be sure to import the texture in RGB5A3.

2. Giving the leaf an entirely new color altogether would be best, but if making it too different bothers you, maybe change the color of the white line inside it to something else?

3. Check inside the STPM of Superguzzi's version, and compare it to yours. Should be enough to find the differences you need to find.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #522 on: June 03, 2014, 04:25:48 AM »

YES YES YES I love this.

1. You can grab one from this stage of mine: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12744

I used it for the cars in the background and Start line. If you're only going to use one, this is the perfect one for you. Just be sure to import the texture in RGB5A3.

2. Giving the leaf an entirely new color altogether would be best, but if making it too different bothers you, maybe change the color of the white line inside it to something else?

3. Check inside the STPM of Superguzzi's version, and compare it to yours. Should be enough to find the differences you need to find.

Thanks for the help! I still have a couple more questions if you don't mind.

I decided to go with a "flower pot" theme. Here's what the stage looks like now:

Now, on to my progress/questions

1. The 3 stems in the original stage were all the same object, so I decided to make them invisible (changing the cull mode to "cull all") and replace the main stem with one of the 2d models you gave me. Currently, I'm using 2 (one for the flower pot and one for the replacement stem). I may have to use 2-4 more (for aesthetics and all), would that cause any problems?

2. For some reason, I couldn't get the bubbles to behave properly with the new models I added, so I replaced them with a transparent texture (they kept going in front of the models, but behind the characters/leaves). Is there an easy fix for this? Or should I just leave it as is? (Less going on in the background is good right?)

3. The leaves are actually a white and transparent gradient texture. The colors are filled in by the stage (probably through the rel file), so I can't really edit them. Any other way to make the leaves stand out more?

Overall though, I think this is turning out pretty well! If anyone has any aesthetic suggestions, let me know. I want to make this stage as professional looking as possible when I eventually release it.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #523 on: June 03, 2014, 05:42:42 AM »

Thanks for the help! I still have a couple more questions if you don't mind.

I decided to go with a "flower pot" theme. Here's what the stage looks like now:

Now, on to my progress/questions

1. The 3 stems in the original stage were all the same object, so I decided to make them invisible (changing the cull mode to "cull all") and replace the main stem with one of the 2d models you gave me. Currently, I'm using 2 (one for the flower pot and one for the replacement stem). I may have to use 2-4 more (for aesthetics and all), would that cause any problems?

2. For some reason, I couldn't get the bubbles to behave properly with the new models I added, so I replaced them with a transparent texture (they kept going in front of the models, but behind the characters/leaves). Is there an easy fix for this? Or should I just leave it as is? (Less going on in the background is good right?)

3. The leaves are actually a white and transparent gradient texture. The colors are filled in by the stage (probably through the rel file), so I can't really edit them. Any other way to make the leaves stand out more?

Overall though, I think this is turning out pretty well! If anyone has any aesthetic suggestions, let me know. I want to make this stage as professional looking as possible when I eventually release it.

1.There shouldn't be any problem, but sometimes they may look weird when they overlap. Just avoid getting them to overlap in relation to the camera, and it should be fine.

2. If there is a fix to the weird overlapping, only Mewtwo2000 knows how. But can't you move the bubbles model a bit further into the background? They should only appear in the front of the 2D vase/stem model if the actual bubble model is in the front of it. I can't know for sure because I never messed with Hanenbow.

3. Mess around with the texture a bit, try adding a mask layer in Photoshop and adding some low opacity black to what is white. Check it in game to see what it ends up looking like. Try different things until you get a nice result.

I never really liked Hanenbow, but it was because it was really terrible for even fun fighting. However, I always liked the whole song and hit-to-move concept it has. Having it like this will definitely have me start using Hanenbow again.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #524 on: June 03, 2014, 06:12:55 AM »

how about changing the background colour a bit, that could make the leaves stand out more as well, maybe add a bit of orange or red to it...(or yellow?)

Pages:  1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: