Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 444290 times)
Nezha B. Rose
Guardian of Pokemon Mods
Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #570 on: June 19, 2014, 08:13:10 PM »

So... for some reason I'm having trouble with the clouds...
    If I leave them on the original paths (controlled by the .rel) they have a more erratic frequency of appearing - which I'm not sure I like.

However, when I try to import them as a new model (no matter what I label the bones) they just sit at one side and refuse to move =/

I'll keep trying, but otherwise I'll have to stick with the erratic cloud spawns (there's a period where they don't spawn, because normally the Summit would have crashed into the water)

Anyway, here's what the clouds look like at the moment, as they move across the stage:

Think that's a good height? I based it off Smashville, not sure if it's a bit low though >.<
    If ganon's double jump doesn't make it, its low, other wise is a balanced heigh, I need to se bowser under it though just to be sure

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #571 on: June 19, 2014, 08:15:42 PM »

You might be able to edit the cloud spawn frequency by modifying values in the STDT file. Not sure which ones though.

As for the height, I think it could stand to be a little bit higher.

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #572 on: June 19, 2014, 08:27:10 PM »

As requested, here's bowser standing under it:

I'll have a look through the STDT file, I may have a clue as to what to change, but we'll see xD

The most annoying part is, when the it's meant to go to the slope, the camera pans out to reveal the entire stage. It's not that noticeable when there's at least two players, but I reckon it would probably be a bit distracting in a competitive match...

I've checked everything in the STDT file to change it, haven't found anything. Only managed to fix it by altering the SceneData file... which makes it only playable on Dolphin. I'm going to have to look through the .rel file to see if I can find anything - but I doubt it =[

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #573 on: June 19, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »

Just raise it high enough just so his shell spike doesn't scratch the cloud platform.

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #574 on: June 19, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »

You can. I linked you to a tutorial that tells you how to do so. Any further questions should be directed to a help topic, this is a showcase thread.

-_-

I already mentioned earlier that I did not understand how to follow that tutorial (mainly because I'm not familiar with 3DS max).

I need help with learning how to create the shadow model (or object) and apply the material in 3DS max.  I also need to make sure that I can import it back into Brawlbox without any problems as well as have everything in the same mdl0 file. I don't know how to do any of this.

The reason I asked here is because, quite frankly, the help forum is pretty dead nowadays. You're right about not cluttering the thread with questions though, so if you (or anyone else) can point me in the right direction, please shoot me a PM, I would greatly appreciate it.

Anyway, now on to a stage I really should be done with by now Tongue
    Here's the Brawl Version:

No bubbles, but the tadpoles work! I made the leaf they spawn from invisible and reduced its hitbox so it doesn't distract from the battle. The electroplankton "music" is much easier to enjoy when the stage is actually fun to play on Tongue 

All I really need to do now is to add a PM camera to the Project M version and figure out what BRSTM would even go well with it (since PM killed the Hanenbow slot and thus, the SFX)

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2014, 08:59:29 PM »

You could use a Hanenbow .rel and port it to another stage. I'm pretty sure that will solve the SFX thing because of how P:M removed Hanenbow.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #576 on: June 19, 2014, 09:32:46 PM »

You could use a Hanenbow .rel and port it to another stage. I'm pretty sure that will solve the SFX thing because of how P:M removed Hanenbow.

Wait, is there a way to preserve the SFX if you use a .rel port to a different stage slot? The only time I am able to get SFX on a stage is if I use it in its original slot.

Oh also, the Hanenbow slot is still usable in PM (with SFX and all), but they disabled the "flatness" in the codeset (since that slot is used for Skyloft). This really messes up the stage's aesthetics since the characters start clipping though all of the models. The screenshot you see above is actually the stage ported to Flat Zone 2's stage slot (which is also where I plan to use it in PM).

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #577 on: June 19, 2014, 09:51:31 PM »

Wait, is there a way to preserve the SFX if you use a .rel port to a different stage slot? The only time I am able to get SFX on a stage is if I use it in its original slot.

Oh also, the Hanenbow slot is still usable in PM (with SFX and all), but they disabled the "flatness" in the codeset (since that slot is used for Skyloft). This really messes up the stage's aesthetics since the characters start clipping though all of the models. The screenshot you see above is actually the stage ported to Flat Zone 2's stage slot (which is also where I plan to use it in PM).

Oooh, I see.

Well, since the flatness is removed trough a code, the only true fix would be if the PMBR really likes your stage and decides to put it in a future release, and disable that code. Regardless, you should really release it as Flat Zone 2 with a BRSTM. I will be using the Brawl Version, though Cheesy

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #578 on: June 20, 2014, 12:40:35 AM »

Silly me, expecting to get help for a touhou hack.. anyays I have finished it!

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #579 on: June 20, 2014, 07:45:32 AM »

Finally figure out what was affecting the clouds! Something in the .rel file was affecting any objects I put near the original cloud start/end point bones, so even stationary objects were forced to move along the path O.o

Moved the bones out the way and now this is what it looks like:

They continue off screen, but I had to cut the gif short

:edit:

Additionally, while trying to make the stage easier to get back onto, I changed the underneath of the ice block from a Ceiling to a RightWall. However, it leads to some crazy almost teleporting - I think because the angle of the block is too sharp. Other than making the block thicker, can anyone think of any way to reduce this slighty? If not, I'll just keep tinkering until I'm happy to release the stage Tongue

:edit: Added higher quality cloud gif
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:37:59 AM by Syvkal » Logged

Sandfall
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #580 on: June 20, 2014, 11:32:19 AM »

Oooh, I see.

Well, since the flatness is removed trough a code, the only true fix would be if the PMBR really likes your stage and decides to put it in a future release, and disable that code. Regardless, you should really release it as Flat Zone 2 with a BRSTM. I will be using the Brawl Version, though Cheesy

I would be totally cool with the PMBR using/modifying my stage — mainly because I want to see how high level players would utilize the movable leaves/edges. I'm releasing 3 versions of the stage: one with the tadpoles (the Brawl Version), one without the tadpoles, and one with both a PM camera and no tadpoles. I still don't know which stage I'm going to pull the PM camera from, but it will probably be Dracula's Castle or something. Hopefully that combined with the flatness doesn't cause any issues.

Additionally, while trying to make the stage easier to get back onto, I changed the underneath of the ice block from a Ceiling to a RightWall. However, it leads to some crazy almost teleporting - I think because the angle of the block is too sharp. Other than making the block thicker, can anyone think of any way to reduce this slighty? If not, I'll just keep tinkering until I'm happy to release the stage Tongue

I ran into a similar issue when making the "leaf ledges" on my Hanenbow stage. I actually ended up with characters teleporting through the main part of the stage (rather than sliding up the ledge like they were supposed to). My solution was basically to make the rightmost part of the leaf a rightwall and the leftmost/middle part a ceiling. It worked well due to the shape of the leaf, but I'm not sure how it would work with yours. The characters are at least "almost teleporting" in te correct direction right?

Syvkal
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #581 on: June 20, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »

My solution was basically to make the rightmost part of the leaf a rightwall and the leftmost/middle part a ceiling. It worked well due to the shape of the leaf, but I'm not sure how it would work with yours. The characters are at least "almost teleporting" in te correct direction right?

That's not a bad idea, it would still improve getting back onto the stage somewhat, but not if they're too far under the block. I'll try it out Tongue
    And yeah, they 'teleport' in the right direction (it's more like really quick sliding), but because the ledge collision is quite long, they move across the entire length of it... which is a bit silly xD Also, if they break the block in the process of being moved towards the edge... well it's not exactly beneficial for them >.<

I'm tempted to make the block smaller in length, but that sort defeats the whole point of it =/

BerserkerOx
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #582 on: June 23, 2014, 06:42:17 PM »

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/174/a/5/3d_project_by_berserkerox-d7no607.png

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #583 on: June 23, 2014, 07:49:46 PM »

3ds battlefield?

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

BerserkerOx
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #584 on: June 23, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »

3ds battlefield?
    wii u battlefield project

Pages:  1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: