Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 444421 times)
Taigiry
Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #765 on: September 24, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »

That's... pretty awesome. Will there be swimmable water or will it be over FD? Also, right now, it kinda seems like the pillars in front obstruct the fighters.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #766 on: September 24, 2014, 11:51:54 AM »

pallete town looks amazing this is how a 3ds ssb4 stage should have been imo xD going retro and such having the human sprites going back and forth on the background would loo even more amazing even have prof oak  appear out of his lab look around and going back in Tongue

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #767 on: September 24, 2014, 08:37:58 PM »

You should have it fade out into Route 1.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #768 on: September 24, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »

Ooh, neat! Even though it would kinda ruin the overhead view, I think you should consider making the NPCs stand up instead of being flat on the ground.

Click for my stuff:

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #769 on: September 25, 2014, 07:25:55 AM »

I'm not even sure I'll keep the people on the final version, they're only there for the accuracy of this screenshot xD

But if I do, that's most likely how I will do it. I just gotta make sure the stage stays within the filesize limit, I've got past the filesize a couple of times already Cheesy

Brawlbox allows you to fuse models into one, you could save some filesize by doing that if needed. Also, that would give you less trouble when you are reaching the limit of models in a single modeldata.

Awesome work, by the way.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #770 on: September 29, 2014, 08:03:44 AM »

That's... pretty awesome. Will there be swimmable water or will it be over FD? Also, right now, it kinda seems like the pillars in front obstruct the fighters.

Good eye! Answering both comments, originally it's meant to have swimmable water. However, the pillars get in the front of the fighters, as you noticed. I'm still deciding the proper position for the match. Please understand this is still a WIP

pallete town looks amazing this is how a 3ds ssb4 stage should have been imo xD going retro and such having the human sprites going back and forth on the background would loo even more amazing even have prof oak  appear out of his lab look around and going back in Tongue

I'm glad you like it Cheesy
    As a big fan of the series and of the original games, it felt natural to make this!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE I WOULD WRITE HYPE ALL DAY BUT THAT WILL KILL THE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

You should have it fade out into Route 1.

I intend to, and hopefully the limitations of models and textures won't stop me. Please understand this is still a WIP

Ooh, neat! Even though it would kinda ruin the overhead view, I think you should consider making the NPCs stand up instead of being flat on the ground.

Thanks for your comment!
    I get that all the time... They will stand upright if I keep them on the final version. Please understand this is still a WIP

Brawlbox allows you to fuse models into one, you could save some filesize by doing that if needed. Also, that would give you less trouble when you are reaching the limit of models in a single modeldata.

Awesome work, by the way.

I managed to kind of merge a bunch of them together. Most of the barrels surrounding the stage are merged into bigger models, however, while that definitely helped reducing the filesize, the main bone of the model I set up doesn't seem to move all the models at once, which bothers me. I'm probably doing it the wrong way. At least it's working to reduce filesize.
    Anyway, I'm glad you appreciate it!

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #771 on: September 29, 2014, 11:33:24 AM »

I managed to kind of merge a bunch of them together. Most of the barrels surrounding the stage are merged into bigger models, however, while that definitely helped reducing the filesize, the main bone of the model I set up doesn't seem to move all the models at once, which bothers me. I'm probably doing it the wrong way. At least it's working to reduce filesize.
    Anyway, I'm glad you appreciate it!

Mmm, then the model must have a bunch of bones with the same name... You should rename one of the bones and make all the objects to be attached to that differently named bone. After that, you could delete all the bones except that one, and then you'd have one bone that moves all the objects at once.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Taigiry
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #772 on: September 29, 2014, 12:43:17 PM »

Nearly done, just a few animations missing, mostly balloon related stuff and proper collisions. So far, it still uses FD's collision data.

Good eye! Answering both comments, originally it's meant to have swimmable water. However, the pillars get in the front of the fighters, as you noticed. I'm still deciding the proper position for the match. Please understand this is still a WIP
    [UNDERSTANDING INTENSIFIES]

Well, depending on how accurate you want to be, you could always delete those pillars in front. Unless you decide to rotate the stage 180° they either won't be seen anyway or would just be in the way.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #773 on: September 29, 2014, 02:30:19 PM »

Mmm, then the model must have a bunch of bones with the same name... You should rename one of the bones and make all the objects to be attached to that differently named bone. After that, you could delete all the bones except that one, and then you'd have one bone that moves all the objects at once.

I did it this way:

I exported the cylinder model, which has 3 bones. I named the top bone something like "drumset", and the second bone something that helped me identify it, like "drum004", and positioned the model using it, and the third bone I left unchanged.

Then, I opened an specific cylinder model which I chose to be the bigger one, named his bones as "drumset" and "drum001" and then imported the object from the other model, while merging their bonesets. Now, I had one bigger model with "drumset" unpositioned, both polygons positioned through "drum001" and "drum004" and the third unused bone.

Keep in mind I still build everything with Brawl models, since I have no 3DSMax knowledge.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #774 on: October 04, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »

I like Pencilvania a lot, but it looks... a little hard to play on graphically. I feel like in the heat of the match it may be easy to confuse the blocks in the background with the platforms in the foreground. I feel like it needs someway to better differentiate the two layers, maybe some sort of fog layer between the two (don't know if that's even possible)

Mattimation
    Supreme Kitten

I Animate stuff!

• Awards The Very Best Hot Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #775 on: October 10, 2014, 06:05:20 AM »

A couple of days ago I found an old project of mine that I had abandoned.

Think I should finish it? Gonna have to revamp it from scratch to get better lighting and make it more interesting.

This is Blaseth He is Mediocre. - DTST September 19 2014

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #776 on: October 10, 2014, 10:28:30 AM »

it should be a lot smaller...
    not only cuz cannon, but cuz gameplay as well... xD

Mattimation
    Supreme Kitten

I Animate stuff!

• Awards The Very Best Hot Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #777 on: October 10, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »

Actually I compared the models from how big it is in the Liquid Fight and in the new version it's the proper size.

The new version is being worked on already and I've made it look more like Metal Gear Rex is broken down.
    « Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:18:48 PM by Blaseth » Logged

This is Blaseth He is Mediocre. - DTST September 19 2014

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #778 on: October 10, 2014, 03:36:22 PM »

Forgot I posted no previews here.

P.S.: Preview is from June Tongue

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ