Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mario Freezing Without Hacks  (Read 1745 times)
SemiPsycho
Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 22, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »

Every time a match is loaded (this includes Classic mode) with Mario in it, the game freezes although I don't have any hacks for Mario on my SD card.

I think my problem is that recently I put a Metal Mario Hack over Mario, and I removed the SD card from my computer before it finished copying by accident. Today when I looked in my SD card, there was no Mario folder in the fighter folder. Either Mario's folder didn't show up because of the data that occurred when I took out the SD card too early, or I simply deleted it because I didn't want the hack or I thought that it wouldn't work (I tried using this hack in the past, but instead of Metal Mario it was just normal Mario). I can't remember which one happened.

Also, I'm not sure if this has any relevance, but I modified all of Donkey Kong's files besides Wiimote and Announcer sounds to Wreck-It Ralph. I modified his FitDonkey##.pac files, and all of his portraits that you can see including the names. I just thought that this might be relevant because Donkey Kong is the character right after Mario.

I haven't tried starting any matches that had a costume other than Mario's original costume. Perhaps something went wrong because I tried to make Metal Mario over his original costume before I pulled the SD card too early.

I tried creating a folder in fighter called mario, and inserted nothing in it, but my game still froze. My game freezes right when the match starts, but I have one second to move before the game freezes.

If anyone has another idea why Mario freezes the game without any hacks for him I'd appreciate it if you would tell me. Thanks in advance.

*** 100th post! n.n!
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:28:11 PM by SemiPsycho » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »

even though your post says nothing about it, is there a .rel in the modules folder relating to mario? there is a chance you might have on in there for some reason.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »

Well, the only .rel files I have that relate to Mario inside my module folder are .rel files that belong to stages based on his game. However, maybe you need to know this, but I'm using the Classic Stage Expansion Pack, and I'm using Riivolution.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:25:37 AM »

If you're loading from usb try playing without any hacks active and see if the problem persists. I'd also reccomend copying from data off the SD card, reformatting it and trying it then.

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »

I'm using an SD card and I tried loading the game using Gecko OS, and Mario did not freeze when I realized none of my hacks were enabled. I must have moved the .gct I had in my codes folder to my pf folder because I switched to Riivolution. I also considered copying my data and reformatting my SD card, but I'm using a 16 gigabyte SD card, and I have a lot of stuff on it. I believe if I use the "cut" option instead of the "copy" option, the data will immediately move from one to place to another without taking a long time to copy. I have both my hacking tools and all my stuff like characters and portraits on my SD card separated from the actual folder that contains the hacks I want to load. Since I'm using the Classic Stage Expansion Pack, should I just delete my loaded hacks and start fresh with another extracted folder containing the Classic Pack and insert my other hacks then, or is it recommended that I should reformat my whole SD card?

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:35:44 PM »

I'd try one method and if it doesn't work, try the other.

SemiPsycho
    Extreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »

Okay, I tried your suggestion, but it was late at night, so I didn't get to test it yet.

EDIT: I tested it out, but I got the same result. My game froze right when Mario's tube appeared when a match was about to start.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:24:26 PM by SemiPsycho » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: