Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help replacing logos  (Read 1339 times)
oreo
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: April 08, 2013, 03:27:19 PM »

I'd like to know how to replace logos (ex: triforce logo when previewing zelda stages). I opened my common5 and went to where the stage number is and it's not there on the common5. The icon I want to replace is on Brinstar.

Gamma Ridley
~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »

Series logos are shared by multiple stages, so if you change one you'll change it for all the stages that use it. In this instance, if you change the Metroid logo (MenSelchrMark.04 found in MiscData[80] in sc_selmap_en in common5) you'll change it for all the Metroid stages.

oreo
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:14:07 PM »

so, there's no way to change just one icon? I have Project M and it had the Dracula's Castle already in it over Luigi's Mansion. The logo was changed for only that stage. I think it's possible.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:17:44 PM »

Oh I'm sure there's a way, but they screwed with a bunch of things with P:M, so there probably isn't an easy way. Not that I know of.

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »

so, there's no way to change just one icon? I have Project M and it had the Dracula's Castle already in it over Luigi's Mansion. The logo was changed for only that stage. I think it's possible.
    It looks like they added a completely new logo to the existing ones and likely used code to make Luigi's Mansion call that one instead of the mushroom logo. Hard to say what they actually did to make that happen without digging further into it, though.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: