Question: You say goodbye and I say...
Hello - 15 (36.6%)
Goodbye - 4 (9.8%)
Who are you? - 3 (7.3%)
u wot m8? - 12 (29.3%)
cya nerds! - 7 (17.1%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages:  1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85
Author Topic: Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!  (Read 352568 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1245 on: May 03, 2015, 05:27:51 PM »

Press 1, people
    I thought we were pressing F.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1246 on: May 03, 2015, 05:28:33 PM »

cya nerd!!!!
    rip in pieces

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1247 on: May 03, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »

cya nerd!!!!
    rip in pieces

BJ pls

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1248 on: May 03, 2015, 05:38:31 PM »

I'm feeling this board is even more dead than the usual lately. You still were one of the last ones who were doing something around. It's a shame seeing the community going this way, but I guess it's inevitable. Oh well... good luck with whatever you're going to do now.  Cool

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1249 on: May 03, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »

wish you the best of luck out there man and thanks for everything

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1250 on: May 03, 2015, 09:17:18 PM »

aw man, I would've liked to see any PSA of yours finished before you leave

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1251 on: May 03, 2015, 09:31:24 PM »

cya nerd!!!!
    rip in pieces

The [censored] are you doing here?

BJ pls

With that attitude, BJ might not give a BJ anymore.

I'm feeling this board is even more dead than the usual lately. You still were one of the last ones who were doing something around. It's a shame seeing the community going this way, but I guess it's inevitable. Oh well... good luck with whatever you're going to do now.  Cool

Thanks, and I saw your thread on SB. It's a shame you aren't getting much feedback on vBrawl anymore. But that's the way life works, I suppose.

wish you the best of luck out there man and thanks for everything

No, thank you guys. Wouldn't have gotten as good or wanted to achieve things without people like you giving feedback.

aw man, I would've liked to see any PSA of yours finished before you leave

You might get lucky. Don't count on it tho. Luck kinda sucks around these parts.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1252 on: May 03, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »

The [censored] are you doing here?

Don't question my ass

Large Leader

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1253 on: May 03, 2015, 10:00:07 PM »

Don't question my ass

I am the Large Leader
    the Humongous Head Honcho
    the Titanic Tyrant
    the Monstrous Master
    the Elephantine Executive
    the Gargantuan General
    the Capacious Chief

I question who and what I want. When I want. Where I want. <:v

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1254 on: May 03, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »

With that attitude, BJ might not give a BJ anymore.

I DO NOT WANT BJs FROM BJ

I WILL FIGHT BJ ACTUALLY

(Fight me JackBlax)

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1255 on: May 04, 2015, 12:52:58 AM »

Good bye, Large Leader.

Your memes... end here. Or do they?

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1256 on: May 04, 2015, 11:38:11 AM »

Thanks, and I saw your thread on SB. It's a shame you aren't getting much feedback on vBrawl anymore. But that's the way life works, I suppose.
    From the few posts I've got there, I already started valuating much more the few replies I've got here, because there, most don't know how brawl works and they don't want to. They just want the results, so they don't care about saying your work is bad or not, and don't care how hard or how much work you will have by fixing/improving anything.
    I'm saying that if it's something like this that's getting on your nerves, you really shouldn't care about. The only thing that keeps me hacking brawl are my ideas I want to turn real, not if people will approve it. Of course I would like more if I could make things more interesting for the others, but I can't do that if it will make me unhappy. In my case, that would be making more famous and representative characters of more recent games. You don't have this huge problem, at least.
    I won't try to change your mind about stopping, but if somehow it helps you finish anything else, it was worth posting this. I really feel this place is dying, so anything to make it live a little longer is welcome.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1257 on: May 04, 2015, 12:02:37 PM »

From the few posts I've got there, I already started valuating much more the few replies I've got here, because there, most don't know how brawl works and they don't want to. They just want the results, so they don't care about saying your work is bad or not, and don't care how hard or how much work you will have by fixing/improving anything.
    I'm saying that if it's something like this that's getting on your nerves, you really shouldn't care about. The only thing that keeps me hacking brawl are my ideas I want to turn real, not if people will approve it. Of course I would like more if I could make things more interesting for the others, but I can't do that if it will make me unhappy. In my case, that would be making more famous and representative characters of more recent games. You don't have this huge problem, at least.
    I won't try to change your mind about stopping, but if somehow it helps you finish anything else, it was worth posting this. I really feel this place is dying, so anything to make it live a little longer is welcome.

I have a vision for almost all of the hacks that I had planned. I always want at least 1 thing unique about them, whether it's a mode change or a unique mechanic (such as the planned "i'm feelin' it" thing that Zack has in Crisis Core). I didn't plan to make them because people would like it, I planned to make it because it's something I believe that I can pull off. And I know I can, it's just become harder and harder to use lower quality animations that I usually just get stuck after doing a few because I want to go back and keep fixing them.

I'll definitely be releasing at least 2-3 PSAs (that I'll be collaborating with others on, or only require animation and psa instead of importing, animation, and psa) and maybe a couple of models on my way out (I'll probably make Raven low poly enough for Brawl and then give the high poly one to Satoshi or something).

I'll be uploading a giant folder (about a gig) of all the hacks that I had planned. Includes max files, PSA files, pacs, all the good stuff. If anyone wants to use them, they'll be free to.

O snap

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1258 on: May 04, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »

Our goals are not so different, then. But my main problem is that I usually have too much ideas, and I want to make all of them, but I admit making all those alternate attacks (which are not always welcome) and alternate final smashes (never are) are extremely time consuming. I don't rush in making them, but they make me skip details like bad transitions, and many small details can make your work look bad. Also that makes me feel a bit bad because I now I could finish 2 psas during this time instead of making one with too much stuff.

Still, it may be good if you release what you have. Maybe you can find people to assist you finish those works easier.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1259 on: May 05, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »

Long story short, I'm done.

I haven't touched PM, much less Brawl in months (almost years). What's the point of modding a game I don't even play?
    Same here, but I do it for fun. Plus, coming here to do animations means that someone's going to be using it.

I'm feeling this board is even more dead than the usual lately.
    It's possibly because it's near the end of school, when lots of people are busy taking tests.

it's just become harder and harder to use lower quality animations that I usually just get stuck after doing a few because I want to go back and keep fixing them.

That is frustrating. I suggest learning the basics by reading some animation books. You need to understand the basics if you want to improve more efficiently (emphasis on "understand", not  "know" or "memorize").

The biggest issue you have is bad timing. Once you understand that, you'll realize how much less you actually have to animate (and fix). Fast movements, like attack releases, can only take ~5-15 frames. Since it's so fast, you can cheat a little bit. Slow movements, like idles or ending attack recoil, can take a 30-200(idles) frames. You have to ensure that the everything looks good because the viewer can easily notice issues. Arguably, slow movements are harder and require more work.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you're moving onto.
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:22:25 PM by TheShyGuy » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85
    Print
    Jump to: