Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pointers for making a Cinematic Final Smash  (Read 3222 times)
ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 21, 2013, 09:14:38 AM »

I get people asking me how to make a Cinematic Final Smash since I usually decline their request... So what I decided to do is to make a Tutorial Thread on how to make one... Though this won't be much of a tutorial about how to make a Cinematic Final Smash, rather, call it tips on how to make a Cinematic Final Smash. You'll need BrawlBox, and PSA to make these...

Events Used
    The Events used to make Cinematic Final Smashes are the Camera Closeup Event (1A040500), and the Normal Camera Event (1A080000). The Camera Closeup Event (1A040500) will zoom the camera in on the fighter that calls it. The Normal Camera Event (1A080000) will turn the camera back to normal.

The Camera Closeup Event (1A040500) has 5 Parameters.

Zoom Time (Value): How long it takes for the camera to get into position.
    Undefined (Value): Not sure what this does. Values 2 - 4 will zoom the camera to the center of the stage. Anything higher than that crashes the game.
    Distance (Scalar): How far the camera will be from the target.
    X Rotaion (Scalar): How the camera is rotated along the X Axis (Up and Down).
    Y Rotation (Scalar): Same as above, only along the Y Axis (Left and Right).

The Normal Camera Event (1A080000) does not have any parameters to alter, so we'll leave it at that.

Event Arrangement
    You'll most likely be using the events multiple times, in fact it may get to the point where you don't even know which goes where... to use as an example, here's Gunslinger Samus' New Final Smash.

Ain't it messy? And that's only a quarter of it...

As you can see, I've placed a Normal Camera Event right before a new Camera Closeup Event. There's a good reason why you need to do that. Let's say for example you used 5 different Camera Closeup Events, and never placed any Normal Camera Events before them. When it reaches the Normal Camera event at the end of the Final Smash, the camera won't go back to normal, and it would just stay in that position. Peach's Normal Final Smash uses 2 Camera Closeup Events, and it used a Normal Camera Event right before the 2nd one. So I would do the same. Though there are some cases where the camera goes back to normal right after an animation ends.

Camera Target
    You may encounter some things when making your Cinematic Final Smash, and one of those things is where the camera is aimed at. The camera will be aimed at the Characters Pivot Point (Where the RotX Bone would be). But I found that the camera is attached to the TransN Bone. So Camera Closeups that get really close can get rather... uncomfortable... But that aside, you can get around it in 2 ways.

1). Scale the TransN Bone so that your target view is where the RotX Bone would be. (Marth's Cinematic Final Smash uses this example)
    2). Translate the RotY Bone to do the same thing as the 1st one. (Gunslinger Samus' old Final Smash uses this example)

By doing this, you can get the view you want! Just make sure that when you animate, it doesn't look like you scaled/translated select bones. Zoom Times with the value of 0 can help make that transition.

Left and Right
    When making your Cinematic Final Smash, you may notice that it looks good facing one direction, but very weird in the other. To fix this problem, you need to have something like this set up...
    If: Facing Right
       *Cinematic Final Smash contents if facing right*
    Else
       *Cinematic Final Smash contents if facing left*
    End If

Basically, copy what you have in one direction, and paste into the other direction.

The only difference from the 2 sides is the Y Rotation Parameter of each Camera Closeup Event. If it was a positive number before, make it a negative number. And Vice Versa. However, there are some cases where what you animated looks better on one side. You can make the Camera Closeup Events totally different if you want. It's up to you.

If there are more concerns, I'll add on to this...

Changelog
    4/21/13
    --- Initial Post

- 4/22/13
    --- Added Left and Right

- 4/23/13
    --- Changed and altered a few words to make more sense...
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:58:16 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 09:37:29 AM »

wow! thats pretty neat!

but couldnt this "Undefined (Value):" be what bone you will zoom into? it feel the most logical o.o

Stupid Tinypic :C

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:44:30 AM »

Earlier when I tried using that event. A Value of 10 would crash the game... so that idea was thrown out the window.

Fun Fact: A Camera Closeup Event was used to make the Falcon Punch Crash.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »

Earlier when I tried using that event. A Value of 10 would crash the game... so that idea was thrown out the window.

Fun Fact: A Camera Closeup Event was used to make the Falcon Punch Crash.
    have you tried all other things like "value" "scale" ect

Stupid Tinypic :C

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 05:21:06 PM »

I might later on, but right now, I don't have the time, nor the motivation to try...

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 07:16:11 AM »

Its great that you made this...

Juri will be my first test subject. Unfortunately, that'll make me have to probably extend her release date from this sunday... but her FS will be made of win and awesome. >Cheesy

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 10:55:55 PM »

I'm messing with that "Undefined" Parameter right now. I can't seem to figure out what 1 does, but Values of 2, 3 and 4 would zoom the camera in on the center of the stage... Anything higher than that Crashes the game...

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: