Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: perfect auto-rig guide  (Read 41999 times)
iwantgames
Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: November 26, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »

I didn't think that was the problem since I was still under filesize for normal conditions. looking at the manual and auto rig there is a 200kb difference in the pcs file.

k, thanks.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: November 27, 2013, 07:15:54 AM »

that's what im saying, for some reason the filesize restriction is lower when using this method.

iwantgames
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: November 27, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »

sorry, was in a rush and was trying to say I agree in my last post. the second sentence was the agreeing one, thanks for helping and the guide.

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
    Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
    Discord: Iwantgames

Ginokami428
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: March 24, 2014, 06:24:49 PM »

Ok, here is my issue:

I had both models in one scene (one is a PMD file so I have to use the PMD import script and I only import the model), had to try to T-pose the PMD. Then I had highlighted the whole (.PMD) model. I gave it an edit mesh then the skin wrap. Pressed "Add" then "H" and selected the objects and "weight all points" then "convert to skin". However, if I deleted the skin wrap modifier afterwards, it deleted the whole thing! So let me get this straight...

- What I seem to have the basic idea is is that I need the skeleton of the Brawl model, then have it alined with the model I want to rig. I then add a skin wrap modifier to an object I want to rig (lets say an arm) and then I add the polygons in the add menu and hit "weight to all points" and convert that to skin. Then move to the next object. Is this correct? Also, like I mentioned I am trying to import a .PMD file from MikuMikuDance. I just import the model itself without its rig and stuff. I know for a fact that I will most likely have to re-map the textures too (anyone have some sort of "easy" tutorial on that?). But I did all the stuff from the first post (I highlighted my brawl model which had a "skin" or something  that just happened to be my  PMD model, so I deleted the polygons of the original Brawl model) and ended up missing several pieces of the PMD (including the head and there were so rigged vertices too) when I imported to BrawlBox. Can someone please "n00b" this down for me so I may hopefully understand this better?

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: March 24, 2014, 09:28:45 PM »

-Get bot models aligned
    -Apply skin wrap to the object you want to rig
    -Add the objects you want it to follow
    -Check weight all points and click convert to skin
    -Repeat for every object
    -now delete brawl original model's object, keep bones
    -Export
    -Profit?

Ginokami428
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: March 26, 2014, 11:13:36 AM »

-Get bot models aligned
    -Apply skin wrap to the object you want to rig
    -Add the objects you want it to follow
    -Check weight all points and click convert to skin
    -Repeat for every object
    -now delete brawl original model's object, keep bones
    -Export
    -Profit?

- See, what I am meaning by "help" is some visuals. I guess I need to better explain what exactly I am trying to import...

- I am trying to import a .pmd model from MikuMikudance of Mew Zakuro over Zero Suit Samus. I opened the Zero Suit model. I used the .pmd import script to import the Zakuro.pmd file (only its model, no bones, no physics, JUST the model). It imports as a single object. ( Do/should I use the detach script?) I have both in one scene, have both aligned. ( Am I to select the [Zakuro] model then give it the edit mesh? Then select what I want to rig [say the arm]?) I selected the [Zakuro] model then added the edit mesh and the skin wrap. I then pressed "H" and added the polygons. Then added them to the skin (it gives me an error that "object 23 has no instance to skin or something", it seems to be the bangs of Zero Suit, do I delete them as well as the "extra" faces? And how do I easily find all the "extra" faces so I may only have the defult?) then deleted the Zero Suit polys. When I tried to export the model to BrawlBox, the Zakuro model was missing quite a bit ( her head, ears, and hair, tail, garter on her leg, and I do believe wrist bands). It also had some not rigged polygons.

- Each time I see "select the object you want to rig" I think you're all meaning "select the 'part' you want to rig ( I.E an arm), or do you mean the whole model? Cause like I said, the .pmd (without the detach script) comes up as one whole object/polygon. So can someone please better explain what it is I am doing wrong and help explain what I NEED to do in detail ( like I said, preferably with visuals)?

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: March 27, 2014, 07:14:48 AM »

When we say object we mean whole object. Not a single element using edit mesh. You should detach it by textures by the way or brawlbox will give you trouble  with materials. I believe the PMD script just imports everything as a single object.

Ginokami428
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: March 27, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »

When we say object we mean whole object. Not a single element using edit mesh. You should detach it by textures by the way or brawlbox will give you trouble  with materials. I believe the PMD script just imports everything as a single object.
    - Okay, here is again what I am doing. I have both models in the scene, both are T-posed,  I have them both aligned. So I am to highlight ONLY the Zakuro model (the model I am trying to rig), and apply the skin wrap. Then press "H" and select all the "objects". I then add them to the skin and like I said, get some error about "object 23 has no instance to skin" or something. It seems to be Zero Suits bangs. Do I delete these sort of problematic "objects"?

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: March 27, 2014, 01:46:49 PM »

ok, some brawl models come with "unrigged" objects, because they are single binded, either delete this object OR add a skin to the problematic and rig it 100% to it's corresponding bone.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: March 27, 2014, 06:34:22 PM »

ok, some brawl models come with "unrigged" objects, because they are single binded, either delete this object OR add a skin to the problematic and rig it 100% to it's corresponding bone.

This.

Things like Ike and Marth's sword fall under this.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Ginokami428
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: March 28, 2014, 11:12:10 AM »

This.

Things like Ike and Marth's sword fall under this.

- Good to know, since my next rig was going to be over Marth.

- I finally figured it out! Took me a hwhile, but it's starting to look pretty good. Two/three more question remains though. 1) If I delete the eyes off of the Brawl model, how do I rig the eyes of the model I am rigging? 2) How do I easily find the "extra" faces so I only have the normal face? And 3) I know this really has nothing to do with THIS tutorial but how would I re-map the textures of this .PMD?

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: March 28, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »

1- eyes are single binded to the Head bone
    2- there is no easy way because of how stupidly named brawl objects are, just select a face, move it and undo the move, if it was the wrong one hide selected.
    3- that has indeed nothing to do with this tutorial Tongue

Ginokami428
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: March 28, 2014, 01:46:23 PM »

1- eyes are single binded to the Head bone
    2- there is no easy way because of how stupidly named brawl objects are, just select a face, move it and undo the move, if it was the wrong one hide selected.
    3- that has indeed nothing to do with this tutorial Tongue

1) I figured as much. Just double checking.
    2) I would take it that the default face is the one with the eyes open?
    3) Yeah, I know, I gotta check the correct tutorial page.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: March 29, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »

2.- Doesn't really matter since heads are usually all rigged about the same. But the default one should have eyes open and mouth closed in most models.
    3.- I don't think there is one on the forums, I may be wrong, but look for UV mapping tutorials. And why would you need to remap them? I've imported PMDs and the only thing I had to do was separate objects according to textures. And yeah this has not much to do with the tutorial.

Ginokami428
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: April 02, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »

2.- Doesn't really matter since heads are usually all rigged about the same. But the default one should have eyes open and mouth closed in most models.
    3.- I don't think there is one on the forums, I may be wrong, but look for UV mapping tutorials. And why would you need to remap them? I've imported PMDs and the only thing I had to do was separate objects according to textures. And yeah this has not much to do with the tutorial.

-  I finally got it! Grin Luckily I didn't have to re-map the textures (although, her little "eye corner/eyelashes" thing is not colored in BrawlBox [it doesn't have a texture to begin with, but is black in 3DS]). The model is "finished" but when importing to BrawlBox I get the "Index is out of range" error; I take it it could be the fingers in the hands? See, this is where my issue is. I have had major issues with the manual way rigging and weighting the bones to the model. I tried the tutorial that toonlink444 had; and here is where my problem began. I would rig a part (say the foot) but as I tried rigging more parts, it seemed to me that my other "rigged" parts would become unrigged!

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
    Print
    Jump to: