Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: 16?
Si
Siiiiiiiii!

Pages:  1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 64
Author Topic: cBliss v1.5 [16?]  (Read 460870 times)
Cafe Woof
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #855 on: January 30, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »

You could always wait for the official Minus MAX cbliss DLC they're making Tongue

That's a thing? Do you know when that'll be out?

Post Merge: January 30, 2014, 01:55:54 PM
You need the cosmetics to make them work. You don't need the stock icons, but the portraits in css, results and during the match need to be there. You'll freeze at the CSS if you don't have the CSS one, and you'll be unable to start the battle if the small in-battle portrait can't be found. You'll be able to play them without the results screen versions of the portraits, but you'll freeze after the end of the match.

Also, neither cBliss nor the codes generated by cBliss Tool change the order or number of icons in the CSS at all, that's something with the Brawl Minus codeset.

Okay. But just wondering, why don't the placeholder CSPs and BPs work? For instance, the provided alternate Fox outfits still use those silhouette-with-the-number portraits, and that works. Those placeholders are technically still images, so why wouldn't those work for imported textures?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:55:54 PM by Cafe Woof » Logged

Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #856 on: January 30, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »

Who says they don't work? If you do have the placeholder pictures in the sss, it has to work, unless some file for the actual character is missing. If your game lacks one costume in a character, and you select that character, even if you're not selecting the missing costume it will end up freezing. So be sure you have all the costumes in their place, and then the placeholder textures for css, battle portraits and stuff. If you got all the textures, then it's the characters themselves what's wrong.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #857 on: January 30, 2014, 02:13:46 PM »

The brawl minus DLC will be out whenever they finish it, hopefully soon. it will also come with the stage expansion, as well as the BrawlEx clone engine Tongue

Cafe Woof
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #858 on: January 30, 2014, 02:16:33 PM »

Who says they don't work? If you do have the placeholder pictures in the sss, it has to work, unless some file for the actual character is missing. If your game lacks one costume in a character, and you select that character, even if you're not selecting the missing costume it will end up freezing. So be sure you have all the costumes in their place, and then the placeholder textures for css, battle portraits and stuff. If you got all the textures, then it's the characters themselves what's wrong.

Huh. I don't know. I've tried this with like 6-7 different characters. I guess I'll make sure their BPs are all there. I guess I just assumed they were since Fox's were. Some of the textures were ones I had used before cBliss, and I made sure that had the uncompressed .pacs, so if this doesn't work I have no idea. I'll just wait for the Brawl Minus DLC.

Post Merge: January 30, 2014, 02:21:38 PM
    The brawl minus DLC will be out whenever they finish it, hopefully soon. it will also come with the stage expansion, as well as the BrawlEx clone engine Tongue

Oh man I hope you're right. That sounds incredible.
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:21:38 PM by Cafe Woof » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #859 on: January 30, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »

"I didn't want to spoil it. But I do plan on implementing all sorts of DLC, including clone engine.
    It will be as follows:
    cBliss
    cBliss + Stage Expansion Pack (SEP)
    cBliss + SEP + CE
    SEP + CE
    cBliss + CE

whichever of those gets the most demands (most likely all 3), I will make it within a few weeks"

yea so i guess it will be whenever it's done Tongue

Cafe Woof
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #860 on: January 30, 2014, 02:48:43 PM »

"I didn't want to spoil it. But I do plan on implementing all sorts of DLC, including clone engine.
    It will be as follows:
    cBliss
    cBliss + Stage Expansion Pack (SEP)
    cBliss + SEP + CE
    SEP + CE
    cBliss + CE

whichever of those gets the most demands (most likely all 3), I will make it within a few weeks"

yea so i guess it will be whenever it's done Tongue

Will it be Brawl Minus Max compatible?/Will there be a guide on how to implement it?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #861 on: January 30, 2014, 03:03:14 PM »

im sure that it's going to be a download OF MAX with everything all set up. Tongue so you probably wont need to do anything.

Cafe Woof
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #862 on: January 30, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »

im sure that it's going to be a download OF MAX with everything all set up. Tongue so you probably wont need to do anything.

Sweet. That'd be awesome. Keep me posted, if you could Cheesy

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #863 on: January 31, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »

A small update on the cBliss Tool:

Detailed info here.

Stage shadows tutorial

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #864 on: January 31, 2014, 01:28:13 PM »

if a common5.pac file was supplied, id take it. every time i add something new to any that i download (not including image replacement), the game freezes. might also need the result image files for the characters as well.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #865 on: February 01, 2014, 01:38:27 AM »

So I tried taking the Project M Stage Expansion pack and added 10 costumes to every character with the cBliss tool. At first, I couldn't get to the CSS at all, but after some common5 compressing, it actually worked!... until I got to the SSS. All icons were replaced with the X icon and when I scrolled over the icons it showed the name of the stage inside all icons on the screen and the X icons turned white rather than the usual purple. Then I tried to select a stage and I got a silent freeze. It's more than I thought I'd be able to get working, especially in just one day, but still a really weird issue. I don't quite get how character costume expansion would affect SSS icon expansion, but IDK. I had the stage expansion working before and just simply added cBliss to it, but the SSS apparently doesn't like that for some reason. :/

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #866 on: February 01, 2014, 03:22:30 AM »

Sounds like an issue with the common5.pac itself, maybe something went wrong when you imported the cBliss stuff into the expansion pack file. Freezing after selecting stage though sounds more like you forgot to add the /info/portrite/ files.

Do original slots work?

Stage shadows tutorial

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #867 on: February 01, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »

Sounds like an issue with the common5.pac itself, maybe something went wrong when you imported the cBliss stuff into the expansion pack file. Freezing after selecting stage though sounds more like you forgot to add the /info/portrite/ files.

Do original slots work?

Just checked and yes they do. The original stages themselves also work. I originally thought the same thing about the icons and such being missing, but then I figured if the portraits weren't there that it would crash before I selected a stage rather than after and after I checked again, everything is there. Portraits, icons, stock icons, they're all there. The Result screen even works flawlessly, but the stage icons and actual expanded stages do not... Well, scratch that, they randomly started working all of a sudden. O_o The stage icons and portraits are still screwed up, but it appears the stages have decided to work now. It froze the first couple of times I tried to play on an expanded stage, but I just went to the same ones I tried last night and they work now.

EDIT: I think I've figured out what's wrong with the stage icons. Somehow (even though I thought I reimported them already) the icons got replaced in mu_menumain.pac with the Project M X icon for each one. The stage names and portraits are still showing up in-game for some reason, even though the menumain ones say STGCUSTOM01, 02, 03, etc. and the portraits are just a blank picture with a number. I'll have to check it again and make sure it works, but that's definitely an issue that needs fixing.

EDIT AGAIN: Nope. That just made it show all X's on the My Music screen. I tried exporting the expansion textures (I guess basically just MiscData[0] to just put that in my common5, but BrawlBox crashes whenever I try to export it.

Turns out all I had to do was export the sc_selmap.pac and put it in its folder and it suddenly worked. It still doesn't work with common5, but I guess if it's reading the selmap file, it works. Weird, but at least it's fixed.
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:14:55 PM by Mochtroid127 » Logged

RAWRzilla
    Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

• Awards Renowned Hacker Starstormer Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor

« Reply #868 on: February 03, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »

I think the amount of troubleshooting that's going on in this thread has taken on a whole new level of unnecessary.

Why hasnt the OP been updated with a current build/codeset of cBliss?

Why isnt there a Project M version available for download? Or other builds, like Minus?

Why is it taking so long for somebody to update this thread with current materials when that would solve most of the issues posted here? If we could have a dedicated build posted on the front page for download, we wouldn't have to resort to trying to build our own with various levels of experience. Ive been here since 2008 and I still had a bit of trouble getting this to work...

I'm not normally a complainer, but my mind is honestly boggled as to why this hasnt been addressed already...

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #869 on: February 03, 2014, 11:59:58 AM »

I think the amount of troubleshooting that's going on in this thread has taken on a whole new level of unnecessary.

Why hasnt the OP been updated with a current build/codeset of cBliss?

Why isnt there a Project M version available for download? Or other builds, like Minus?

Why is it taking so long for somebody to update this thread with current materials when that would solve most of the issues posted here? If we could have a dedicated build posted on the front page for download, we wouldn't have to resort to trying to build our own with various levels of experience. Ive been here since 2008 and I still had a bit of trouble getting this to work...

I'm not normally a complainer, but my mind is honestly boggled as to why this hasnt been addressed already...

Well, the fact is that cBliss as a code is just what you can see in the OP. It's a code made by ASF1nk that just copies over a 10-costume version of Wario's costume set while keeping the 12 costumes on Wario. Because of that, cBliss has a different team color set for characters like Mario or Bowser. That's the order in the menu files made and posted in the OP by ASF1nk. The codes generated by cBliss Tool aren't that, but an expansion to that. They're stored differently and that's something I've made by myself and shared because I wanted to.

They don't copy over the costume sets anymore, characters use their own sets from a different place in memory with room for it. That allows to select how many costumes each character have individually, and also allows to use the original costume order in each character, instead of being forced to be like Wario. Same to color teams, they can use the standard costume as a color team, while cBliss doesn't allow that.

This is a thread for cBliss, but there's not been support by ASF1nk for awhile. So, when somebody tries to set their cBliss, they go here, they ask, and as I'm around here, I tell them to use the cBliss Tool to upgrade their codes to my custom codes.

In short, ASF1nk's cBliss has no 'official' support right now, probably because he's using the new Clone Engine by PW and that one allows to do what cBliss does already, dunno.

If one doesn't want to use the BrawlEX clone engine but just expand costumes, the easiest way is downloading cBliss Tool, using the tool with a gct file, and test. If something's freezing, the answer may be in the OP already. And if it isn't, troubleshooting isn't a bad thing, and I'm up to it.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:00:50 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 64
    Print
    Jump to: