Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: 16?
Si
Siiiiiiiii!

Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 64
Author Topic: cBliss v1.5 [16?]  (Read 460939 times)
Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #375 on: June 07, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »

So. Mewtwo. How do your codes function?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #376 on: June 07, 2013, 07:59:31 AM »

Do you have a modified iso, or is everything in your sd?
    Since I got a NTSC disc years ago, I don't use a modified iso. All hacks are on my SD card. Before I installed cBliss, I never had freezings. Now, somtimes my Wii freezes.
    For example:
    8bit Link vs. 8bit Mario vs. 8bit Kirby -> freezes, but in the next match it suddenly works.
    Wario also made trouble somewhen, but in the next round he worked fine again.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #377 on: June 07, 2013, 08:10:45 AM »

Since I got a NTSC disc years ago, I don't use a modified iso. All hacks are on my SD card. Before I installed cBliss, I never had freezings. Now, somtimes my Wii freezes.
    For example:
    8bit Link vs. 8bit Mario vs. 8bit Kirby -> freezes, but in the next match it suddenly works.
    Aren't the hacks that make the wii freezing?
    8bit mario and link caused me troubles without cBliss...
    Well, the codes are working, since it makes my wii freezing when I try to takee Luigi's 7th costume (didn't CSPs though...)

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #378 on: June 07, 2013, 09:34:16 AM »

So. Mewtwo. How do your codes function?

Let's see, there's 3 locations in memory related to all this:

The first of them determines how many costumes will try to load the game when selected in the css. If a character has a csp that points to, let's say, costume 8, and that place in memory doesn't say 'this char uses costume 8', it will not freeze, but pick another costume, probably costume 0. That first place in memory is changed by the first of the codes, the same as ASF1nk's, only that leaves open the option of having extra costumes in slots that aren't used by characters. Personal reasons, doesn't really matter.

There's a second location in the memory that just says where in the memory are the infos about costumes and teams (that's the third location). The separation between them is just too narrow, so we cannot insert up to 10 costumes in the original places in memory. So, what ASF1nk did was to make every character to point to the place in memory where the Wario info was, and editing it so it had only 10 costumes. That way, every character, included Wario, would have 10 css slots. That changed the team color information for most characters, that's why 01 is always red, 02 is always green and 03 is always blue in cBliss. He changed it afterwards so a new place in memory had the original info for Wario, and changed the place in memory Wario got his data from, so every character got Wario's data decreased to 10 slots, and Wario got his new data from a new empty space.

So, I've changed it so every character uses its own information, more separated between them, so they can have 10 slots without pointing to Wario's memory. Wario's memory is kept the original, so the ProjectM changes will always take effect if the ProjectM codeset is used. The rest of info is in the same place in memory where the Wario info for cBliss 1.5 is, so any change to the original costumes won't work. ProjectM changes the teams for charizard, squirtle, and marth, and does it in their original memory places. So, I've made the second gct with those charizard, squirtle, and marth changes, nothing else is different. Also, the ProjectM codeset makes the separated pokemon to use their original memory offsets, so hex editing those changes the way I said in the other post will make the ProjectM set to load the extra costumes from the alternate place in memory.

So, basically, those 2 gcts are just cBliss, only that the extra costumes are always after the old ones, instead of having the same order as Wario for all of them. It's just personal preferences, I just prefer to keep the original order and teams, and have the extra slots as additional character slots.

Hope this answers your question, more or less  Undecided

For example:

I don't know how the file patch codes work, but I'm assuming that the possibility of having a freeze when something isn't in the disc is bigger. Maybe in some cases in which the load has to be real quick, it cannot access all the files needed in the sd, tries to look for them in the disc, and crashes when they're not found.

So well, I'm not really sure, and people with modified iso's should tell their experience to see if this makes any sense. But it may be safer in order to avoid freezes to have everything set up inside an iso, and use that iso with an usb. A 8gb pendrive is cheap, and it's enough to get it working. The game will probably load faster, and you'll be free to have another disc put into your wii.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

SuperrSonic
    Advanced Kitten

hey

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #379 on: June 07, 2013, 10:54:31 AM »

I've used both Riivolution and a modified iso with wit, I used Mewtwo2000's batch to fill the empty costume slots with fitchar00s for the iso(in my case wbfs with --split), I get no freezes whatsoever.

Riivolution does however silent freeze at SSS pretty much at random times.
    My guess is I should have all the files ready in the SD card, otherwise there's a chance it will lockup.

The only drawback with a modified iso seems to be the Custom Sound Engine will not work with the files already in the iso, only via 2GB or less SD card + FPC.
    Sort of unnecessary limiting.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #380 on: June 07, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »

Great job Mewtwo.
    Guess I gotta post my codes now. =P

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #381 on: June 07, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »

This is pretty friggin epic! Do you think you could look into making it more wifi conveinent?

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #382 on: June 07, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »

Sorry its taking so long to post the wii version guys, been working with my dad the entire day from 7am-6pm in another city an hour away from where I live, been tiring, but I have off tomorrow, so I might do it then

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #383 on: June 07, 2013, 04:19:39 PM »

Some friends came by and we played Smash. Well, we tried to play it because it freezes a lot more when using 2-4 players. I don't know why, it's strange.

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #384 on: June 07, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »

Some friends came by and we played Smash. Well, we tried to play it because it freezes a lot more when using 2-4 players. I don't know why, it's strange.

you can do 2 things,
    1.- modify your iso, add all CBLISS files to your iso,modifying your common5.pac too adding selmap and selcharacter files, add filler characters to the extra slots that cbliss gives
    2.- Reformat your SD and install your desired extra costumes, (dont add again CBLISS files, they all will be on your ISO..

And thats it you are good to go, not freezeings anymore, even if you are using triple rasta code, on any of its folders loaded (RSBE, RSB2 RSB3). x),

The tiny files on the CBLISS pack could cause random freezes, so the best way to avoid freezings is modifying your iso.

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

Hey, wanna be in my gang?

• Awards Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #385 on: June 07, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »

It seems there are just too many random freezes with this for it to be human error. People that have everything set out properly are still getting crashes from nothing in particular including me then we can't reproduce the crash. I think the codes are buggy.

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #386 on: June 07, 2013, 04:56:56 PM »

It seems there are just too many random freezes with this for it to be human error. People that have everything set out properly are still getting crashes from nothing in particular including me then we can't reproduce the crash. I think the codes are buggy.

not me, well, not me after modifying my iso
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:57:54 PM by shadowXtreme » Logged

Blazingflare
    Mega Kitten

Beep Beep Beep Boop

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #387 on: June 07, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »

I use riivo. I only had one freeze and that was because I had forgotten to copy the riivo xml. I havn't had a crash since. I have been playing with 1, 2, 3, and 4 players and have done single player with the new slots. It is very likely human error.

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #388 on: June 07, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »

I use riivo. I only had one freeze and that was because I had forgotten to copy the riivo xml. I havn't had a crash since. I have been playing with 1, 2, 3, and 4 players and have done single player with the new slots. It is very likely human error.
    When I play alone I just have a few freezings, everything is named correctly and there where it should be. Just then I played it with friends, but it crashed all the time. No beeeeep, just freezing, so it is loading something but can't find it.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #389 on: June 07, 2013, 08:26:55 PM »

Well, I've yet to have a freeze and I have had this working since yesterday.

Have you fellas tried getting everything named "00.pac" off the disc and into the SD? Waste of space yeah, but I did it -as a failsafe-, and so far I haven't gotten anything... So I dunno, give it a shot maybe? Doesn't hurt to try at least.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 64
    Print
    Jump to: