Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: 16?
Si
Siiiiiiiii!

Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 64
Author Topic: cBliss v1.5 [16?]  (Read 463434 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #825 on: January 14, 2014, 04:16:17 AM »

There's 3 places to add things in order to get freezes (4 if you intend to play 1p modes)

You've added the CSP in common5.pac. You've also added the battle portrait in /info/portrite. But you're supposed to have missed the results one, which goes in /menu/common/char_bust_tex. Once you've added your Ganon in there, you should have no freezes.

The 4th place you need to put something on to get no freezes in 1p would be common5.pac again, only that where the stock icons are for the CSS.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

RAWRzilla
    Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

• Awards Renowned Hacker Starstormer Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor

« Reply #826 on: January 14, 2014, 01:16:06 PM »

Just to clarify, if i have a costume in FitDedede10 (supposed to be the red costume replacement) does this mean i should NOT have one in FitDedede01? Or should i have one there because cbliss requires all spots to be filled to prevent freezes?

Register
    Mega Kitten

R-R-REGIGIYGAS

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

« Reply #827 on: January 14, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »

Just to clarify, if i have a costume in FitDedede10 (supposed to be the red costume replacement) does this mean i should NOT have one in FitDedede01?

Correct, it's unnecessary with the cBliss Tool. I have a costume on FitDedede10 and nothing on FitDedede01. Same goes for any other chars that skip numbers (Diddy, Bowser, Giga Bowser, Lucario, etc.)

@Mewtwo2000, do you update the tool with every Project M update? Or should the tool be able to detect what version of PM it is and update the codeset appropriately? Just making sure, since PM 3.02 is out and I'm not sure whether to wait for a cBliss Tool update or not.

Universal_Man
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #828 on: January 14, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »

Still not working, the game still loud freezes before the Results screen when I use the extra costume.
    I noticed this time that even using Ganon's default costume, one that I haven't done anything to, the game will still freeze, but it doesn't freeze if I use Link or Mario's default costume, for example.

I'm just going to write out exactly what I've done so far:

1) I took a vanilla PM 3.01 and I added the Classic Expansion Pack 6.01m files to it. (This may be where I messed up...)

2) I used the cBliss tool on the gct file and I gave everyone the default P:M amount of costumes, except for Ganon who I gave one more (7).

3) In system\common5.pac, sc_selcharacter, char_bust_tex_lz77, MiscData[19], I added a MenSelchrFaceB.197.

4) In info\portrite\ I added a InfFace197.

5) In menu\common\char_bust_tex\ I added a MenSelchrFaceB.190 which includes textures MenSelchrFaceB.191-197.

And I'm still getting the freezes I described earlier.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:04:20 PM by Universal_Man » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #829 on: January 14, 2014, 06:25:52 PM »

Correct, it's unnecessary with the cBliss Tool. I have a costume on FitDedede10 and nothing on FitDedede01. Same goes for any other chars that skip numbers (Diddy, Bowser, Giga Bowser, Lucario, etc.)

@Mewtwo2000, do you update the tool with every Project M update? Or should the tool be able to detect what version of PM it is and update the codeset appropriately? Just making sure, since PM 3.02 is out and I'm not sure whether to wait for a cBliss Tool update or not.

I update the tool with every Project M update that involves a change in the order of the characters. There's a change on Roy and Mewtwo from 3.0 to 3.01, so I included that change. The tool detects if it's 3.0 or 3.0x because it checks the actual order of Roy and Mewtwo. As 3.02 has no changes in terms of character order, I'm not updating it for 3.02. So, it will detect 3.02 as 3.01, just because it's newer than 3.0, but that's not a problem.

In short, do not expect a new version of the Tool for 3.02, keep using the one for 3.01.

Still not working, the game still loud freezes before the Results screen when I use the extra costume.
    I noticed this time that even using Ganon's default costume, one that I haven't done anything to, the game will still freeze, but it doesn't freeze if I use Link or Mario's default costume, for example.

1) I took a vanilla PM 3.01 and I added the Classic Expansion Pack 6.01m files to it. (This may be where I messed up...)

2) I used the cBliss tool on the gct file and I gave everyone the default P:M amount of costumes, except for Ganon who I gave one more (7).

3) In system\common5.pac, sc_selcharacter, char_bust_tex_lz77, MiscData[19], I added a MenSelchrFaceB.197.

5) In menu\common\char_bust_tex\ I added a MenSelchrFaceB.190 which includes textures MenSelchrFaceB.191-197.

Weird. I'll try the same setup you've tried tomorrow and will tell you if I find anything.

Stage shadows tutorial

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #830 on: January 15, 2014, 11:57:36 AM »

I did the exact same thing (with 3.02, which is the same codeset anyway) only with a few other characters. Checked everything 4 or 5 times today and it still freezes as soon as I try to go to the CSS. Might try starting over again later, but I don't get exactly what could be wrong with it based on where I put everything.

japan88
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #831 on: January 16, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »

Hi can  someone tell me what may have cause a silent freeze most of the time when i try to select a stage?

I have all 4 codes for the cbliss , Plus codes i like ex:mushroom stacker ,stage builder codes.

I  thought maybe it was because i edit the cps pictures of alot of char but when i switched everything back to the cbliss tool package form it still gives me silent freeze

Sad

BTW i dont have project m . i have the normal gecko iso brawl hack mod .  from 2009

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #832 on: January 16, 2014, 11:12:25 PM »

Just to clarify, if i have a costume in FitDedede10 (supposed to be the red costume replacement) does this mean i should NOT have one in FitDedede01? Or should i have one there because cbliss requires all spots to be filled to prevent freezes?

Wait, maybe I'm late on this (haven't been around in awhile) but FitDedede10? I thought cBliss only had 10 slots (starting with a 00), wouldn't the 10th slot be FitDedede09? Or are there more than 10 slots with cBliss now?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #833 on: January 16, 2014, 11:18:51 PM »

Wait, maybe I'm late on this (haven't been around in awhile) but FitDedede10? I thought cBliss only had 10 slots (starting with a 00), wouldn't the 10th slot be FitDedede09? Or are there more than 10 slots with cBliss now?
    When used with Project M 3.0, it skips the 01 slot for characters with red defaults (Mario, Dedede, Ness, etc) and uses 10 instead. It also skips 02 for characters with green defaults (Link, Luigi) and 03 for characters with blue defaults (Sonic).

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #834 on: January 16, 2014, 11:57:11 PM »

When used with Project M 3.0, it skips the 01 slot for characters with red defaults (Mario, Dedede, Ness, etc) and uses 10 instead. It also skips 02 for characters with green defaults (Link, Luigi) and 03 for characters with blue defaults (Sonic).

Ohh ok lol see now, see the way I use it, every character has FitFighter00-FitFighter09 and even though there are 2 reds, 2 greens or 2 blues, I still make it workout lol. For example, with Lucario, I relocated his Light Blue color (which I believe was FitLucario04) to the FitLucario03 slot (Putting Light Blue as an alternate Blue) then moved 05 to the 04 slot then I made slots 05-09 all Mewtwo slots with Mewtwo's alternate costumes. Basically, I use the first 4 or 5 slots as alternate colors and the other 5 or 6 as alternate costumes.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #835 on: January 17, 2014, 01:44:02 AM »

Let's see. I've been testing some things with the tool, and it has some small issues related to selecting or not characters in the Project M 3.0 cases.

Basically, these characters will keep loading the number of costumes in the list no matter if the box is checked or not:

Yoshi, Pikachu, Peach, Lucario and Jigglypuff.

I've also found that unchecking the pokemon (Ivysaur, Squirtle and Charizard) will make them lose the PM alt costume.

Now, these are intentional: Mario, Falco and Fox are forced to be checked. They cannot be lowered because of how teams work, so they're always 10 costumes. Link is always checked, even if you uncheck him too, but as he's defaulted to 10, one has to be careful. Maybe I make something for him to get 9 when he's unchecked or something.

This means that unchecking characters works for most of them. The problem may come if you uncheck a character that still uses the data even if it's unchecked. But if you edit the number of costumes manually for those, no issues should appear.

Anyway, I'm gonna modify the program right now, to fix these small issues in some way. I'll probably force the check on those, and will change something so Pokemon use their alts if you uncheck them.

EDIT:

Well, it's updated already. Finally, I've made it not to force checks at all, and unckecking everything is possible with the checkbox on the top. Everything will keep unchecked if you've unchecked it, and the characters loaded ingame will be the ones in the standard build. So, having only one character expanded should be possible now by just unchecking everything except for that character, just like in no-projectm sets.
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:49:46 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

japan88
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #836 on: January 17, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »

Make sure.
     That you
    Have all costume slots filled before you play. Or you'll get a silent freeze.
    Typing from a phone btw.

does this go for just the characters you playing at the moment or literally every single character in the game no matter if you ever play with them or not?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #837 on: January 17, 2014, 11:58:19 AM »

does this go for just the characters you playing at the moment or literally every single character in the game no matter if you ever play with them or not?
    It applies to any character costume that you so much as hover over. Just hovering over them causes the game to try to load them and if it can't find them, then you'll get a silent freeze before stage select. So it's best to fill them all in even if you don't intend to use them.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #838 on: January 18, 2014, 12:02:21 PM »

WTF?! Tried changing about 10 or so different things and could not make it to the CSS once without crashing, so I started over from basic PM 3.02, reinserted ALL my files AGAIN, added the expansions with the cBliss tool for a few characters, and now it just resets back to the Wii Menu when I try to load P:M through the launcher. I added all necessary CSPs to common5 and char_bust_tex_lz77, added BPs in their respective locations, input stock icons for all expanded characters, and of course, I put all the necessary .pac and .pcs files in character folders. It's crashed right before the CSS every time and now it won't even launch PM. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Just in case anyone wants to know, these are the characers I've been trying to expand (I gave up on different numbers and just went for 10 or basic P:M numbers): Link, Samus/ZSS, Falcon, Zelda/Sheik, Marth, Ganon, Diddy, Lucario, Ike, Snake, and Roy. I tried to just leave everyone else with their default Project M costumes and it still hasn't worked. I've triple checked and the files should all be correct. As far as I can tell, the only thing that could possibly be wrong would be in the codes and all I've attempted to do is give the listed characters 10 costumes with the cBliss tool.
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:21:49 PM by Mochtroid127 » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #839 on: January 18, 2014, 02:07:43 PM »

Does just replacing the edited gct with the original in project m work?

In case original works and cblissed doesn't, send me your gct and I'll try it on my wii.

Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 64
    Print
    Jump to: