Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riivolution Supports Alternate Stage Loader?  (Read 1271 times)
Ghoti
Advanced Kitten

'Ello gov'nor.

View Profile Awards
« on: June 03, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »

So, with the amazing new CBliss thing, I decided to return to actually doing hardcore Brawl hacking. Downloading the setup and opening the .xml to copy the coding to my custom .xml, I noticed that it included lines like these:

<file create="true" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_A.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL_A.pac"/>
<file create="true" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_B.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL_B.pac"/>
<file create="true" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_C.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL_C.pac"/>
<file create="true" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_D.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL_D.pac"/>

This resembles what I remember of the Alternate Stage Loader, which is something I was trying to figure out about a year ago. I could have sworn Riivolution didn't support this in any way at all. I remember trying to manipulate the coding used to get the expansion stages in an attempt to work the ALS, but to no luck.

Can someone please explain to me how this works, or if I'm mistaken, what this actually is? Also, why is this only here for a few stages. I could have sworn that the ALS required you to have the same number of alternate stages for EVERY stage in the game, but these lines of coding suggest otherwise.

Also, somewhat off topic, but I saw something along the lines of "empty character slot" in some post on the topic that introduced CBliss. Can we now add characters without replacing others?

"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

OmegaS3
Texture/PSA Master
Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »

I made a thread containing to the same thing. Getting ALS to work with Riivo. It hasn't been done yet, but I do believe if we can figure out how to minipulate the coding it will work.

ALS uses the SD directory of Private/Wii/App/RSBE/AY/Melee/All the goodies here.

To this:
    So, with the amazing new CBliss thing, I decided to return to actually doing hardcore Brawl hacking. Downloading the setup and opening the .xml to copy the coding to my custom .xml, I noticed that it included lines like these:

<file create="true" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_A.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL_A.pac"/>
    <file create="true" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_B.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL_B.pac"/>
    <file create="true" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_C.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL_C.pac"/>
    <file create="true" disc="/stage/melee/STGFINAL_D.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee/STGFINAL_D.pac"/>

This resembles what I remember of the Alternate Stage Loader, which is something I was trying to figure out about a year ago. I could have sworn Riivolution didn&#039;t support this in any way at all. I remember trying to manipulate the coding used to get the expansion stages in an attempt to work the ALS, but to no luck.

Can someone please explain to me how this works, or if I&#039;m mistaken, what this actually is? Also, why is this only here for a few stages. I could have sworn that the ALS required you to have the same number of alternate stages for EVERY stage in the game, but these lines of coding suggest otherwise.

Also, somewhat off topic, but I saw something along the lines of "empty character slot" in some post on the topic that introduced CBliss. Can we now add characters without replacing others?

For the first part about the of the included lines, that is a way to load stages with different button configurations. More of a different form of ALS but not really. What are the configurations I have no idea. I attempted to rename my extra STGFINAL.pac to STGFINAL_A and _B and attempted every button combination, but still no luck. The coding does resemble that of he file path to load stages through the original SD set up. SO if we can also convert that into the ALS file directory it SHOULD work.

As for the off topic thing you mentioned. CBliss allows every character in Brawl to have a total of 10 outfits with Wario still using 12. for a total of 402 outfits. For the "empty character slots" I really have no idea what that is.

But to fully answer what is unknown about the Riivo .XML it will work with the stage expansion, cbliss and the 10 extra character slots all together. Its a actually download, go here to see it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32412

Lastly I will find how to set up that file directory, I've been trying forever I know I'm close.
    « Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:51:24 PM by OmegaS3 » Logged

Ghoti
    Advanced Kitten

'Ello gov'nor.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:40:35 PM »

I made a thread containing to the same thing. Getting ALS to work with Riivo. It hasn't been done yet, but I do believe if we can figure out how to minipulate the coding it will work.

ALS uses the SD directory of Private/Wii/App/RSBE/AY/Melee/All the goodies here.

To this:For the first part about the of the included lines, that is a way to load stages with different button configurations. More of a different form of ALS but not really. What are the configurations I have no idea. I attempted to rename my extra STGFINAL.pac to STGFINAL_A and _B and attempted every button combination, but still no luck. The coding does resemble that of he file path to load stages through the original SD set up. SO if we can also convert that into the ALS file directory it SHOULD work.

As for the off topic thing you mentioned. CBliss allows every character in Brawl to have a total of 10 outfits with Wario still using 12. for a total of 402 outfits. For the "empty character slots" I really have no idea what that is.

But to fully answer what is unknown about the Riivo .XML it will work with the stage expansion, cbliss and the 10 extra character slots all together. Its a actually download, go here to see it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32412

Lastly I will find how to set up that file directory, I've been trying forever I know I'm close.

When trying to get ASL working 'bout a year ago, I copied the coding that I used to get the expansion stages working, but I don't remember if it freezed or just loaded the default stage.

"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:51:36 AM »

When trying to get ASL working &#039;bout a year ago, I copied the coding that I used to get the expansion stages working, but I don&#039;t remember if it freezed or just loaded the default stage.
    I always seem to get the default vbrawl stages if I try to load through ALS with the coding. Without it it freezes so something in the code is right, but getting it to appear in game is different.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: