Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Getting Codes into USB Loader GX  (Read 8094 times)
The Light Music Club
Expert Kitten

Micaiah for SSB4!!!!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer 16-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 22, 2013, 12:52:41 PM »

Well turns out the wii cant read SSBB anymore so I loaded it onto a USB Loader. I can play the game fine now, I just need help putting in hacks. First of all I would like to mention I have a shrunken ISO I think its around 4GB. Don't know if that might effect anything. So I went and downloaded the codes available through Ocarina to have the folder structure saved onto my sd. I then took my own codes and replaced the txt file that GX left. Hopefully this is making sense. Anyways, none of that has worked. Anybody have any idea how I can get this to work?

Music Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=49326.msg1002757

I am also cvmerchanary and Phoenix Trite

I'M A GUY!!!

Current Hacks:
    Maya Fey Model over Zelda

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Phoenix_Trite

Started watching anime around the last week of July 2012

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:57:23 PM »

if you can, try using wiiflow. i find that better, plus, if you need help on that, i could hrlp

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »

Is there a USB loader Folder in your SD Card? There should be a codes folder in there, which you put your GCT file into. Also, make sure you enable Ocarina Codes on when you select your game.

The Light Music Club
    Expert Kitten

Micaiah for SSB4!!!!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer 16-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »

I've tried WiiFlow before but it won't load the backups anymore. I'll try it again today though, and hopefully it'll work.

Music Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=49326.msg1002757

I am also cvmerchanary and Phoenix Trite

I'M A GUY!!!

Current Hacks:
    Maya Fey Model over Zelda

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Phoenix_Trite

Started watching anime around the last week of July 2012

Bryanluke56
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 07:36:23 AM »

@ OP

OKAY~ Finally something I can help with.

As far as I can tell, your SSBB can be loaded just fine through USB, but can't be "hacked" through the SD card like normal. you can activate the codes just fine, but you'll never get the textures to read.

However, if you use wii-scrubber, open up the brawl  ISO, and go into the Data Partition, you'll find folders like you would place in your SD card (Fighter, system ,ect)

From there, you need to turn off ALL other programs while you do this (yet, even your internet browser) to prevent crashing.

You'll need to rightclick  each individual file, click load, then navigate to your replacement file (I suggest sorting them out so as to help navigation.) The WiiScubber will replace the file, reload, and you'll have to navigate back to where you were to continue, repeat until finished.

Then make sure your codes are loaded into a folder at the root of your SD card called "codes" boot them with USBGX or NeoGamma (I personally use NeoGammaR8, hasn't failed me yet, and all my textures except two seem to work just fine, which I think was an error on my part because I used beta skins.) With cheats enabled, and you're off to the races Cheesy

Otherwise, I have no idea on how to boot the game from USB and load from SD, I'd prefer that TONS over having to do this rig-a-ma-roar, but since my disk drive is busted, Gecko and riivolution arn't going to work for me.

(I should mention that I've only used this method for texture hacking thus far. I'm pretty sure stages and possibly system files can be edited this way, but I'm not quite sure about Character select portaits, ect.

Also, you'll want to backup your brawl ISO to another folder, copy it to another folder, and use the copy for hacking. Another problem is that once you save the hacked ISO, it compresses it somewhat, making it impossible for you to re-open the ISO and edit it, as far as I know. Meaning you'll have to re-do EVERYTHING if one thing doesn't work. xD (When I tried, my Scrubber bugged out on me D:)

(Again, I've only tried this with textures and personal experience. I'm no pro and you might have a better program for editing files like this, or a program that will let you re-open the files for editing later, and if so ,GIMMIE GIMMIE.  Happy Face
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:40:37 AM by Bryanluke56 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: