Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22
Author Topic: It's here. RSBE - Replacement SoundBank Engine "FPC 4.0" by InternetExplorer  (Read 167952 times)
SpoonTheMan
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »

I just switched to Gecko OS because to keep the game stable (for the cBliss addon), I had to. But now that I've made the switch, everything seems fine, except for 2 things:

1: The music on some stages seems to switch during gameplay while I'm using Waluigi over Diddy Kong (Final), I don't know what songs they are, but I know that the game isn't supposed to switch songs during a fight, this bug doesn't occur in Riivolution.

2: Waluigi (I made my own announcer call for him) has a strange beep sound that plays right after his announcer call, a few other characters have no announcer call working and have different beep sounds instead (pokemon trainer and the individual charizard, to name 2) and I know this also doesn't happen in Riivolution.

that would be great if somebody could help me fix these issues, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:38:33 PM by SpoonTheMan » Logged

Mr. AI | Sluigi123
Expert Kitten

顔へのフーズボール!

• Awards Favorite'd Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: August 30, 2013, 10:19:02 PM »

I'm a noob at this inparticular, but I don't know how to recompile files. Can someone show me how?

Also, when trying to add the SFX Replacement code in, my gct file changes into just one code. Any reason why?
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:24:02 AM by sluigi123 » Logged

Nightmare Snake
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: August 31, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »

can someone do the japanese voices but for gecko tho plz and the gct file

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: August 31, 2013, 05:13:18 PM »

I just switched to Gecko OS because to keep the game stable (for the cBliss addon), I had to. But now that I've made the switch, everything seems fine, except for 2 things:

1: The music on some stages seems to switch during gameplay while I'm using Waluigi over Diddy Kong (Final), I don't know what songs they are, but I know that the game isn't supposed to switch songs during a fight, this bug doesn't occur in Riivolution.

2: Waluigi (I made my own announcer call for him) has a strange beep sound that plays right after his announcer call, a few other characters have no announcer call working and have different beep sounds instead (pokemon trainer and the individual charizard, to name 2) and I know this also doesn't happen in Riivolution.

that would be great if somebody could help me fix these issues, thanks.

Both those issues stem from swapping/moving files a lot. Most SD cards can't handle it without glitching and what not.

The solution is easy, backup everything, format your SD card (FAT/FAT32 will do), and try again.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: August 31, 2013, 06:34:31 PM »

Both those issues stem from swapping/moving files a lot. Most SD cards can't handle it without glitching and what not.

The solution is easy, backup everything, format your SD card (FAT/FAT32 will do), and try again.

I already tried that, I also tried defragging the card, neither of those things make any difference whatsoever.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:39:25 PM by SpoonTheMan » Logged

KingHarkinian
    Newbie Kitten

This is my calm face.DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: August 31, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »

Thanks dude!Now I can finally use character sound hacks on Gecko OS! Awesome Face

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier!

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: August 31, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »

I already tried that, I also tried defragging the card, neither of those things make any difference whatsoever.

If both those issues are still present then either your SD card is on it's way to the grave, or you need to change your Hook Type.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: August 31, 2013, 08:40:27 PM »

My SD card is new, I also tried more than 1 of them. btw, the different hooks on Gecko OS make no difference for the game unless the user has USB Gecko (I don't). These issues are unique to Gecko OS and ANY of it's alternative loaders, they don't happen in Riivolution, and that is on the same cards that I used without any different data.

I believe the strange announcer calls are either an issue with how Gecko OS works, or the RSBE (Replacement Soundbank Engine) code, and said code needs fixing/another update, when I remove the sfx file for announcer calls, the announcer calls are normal again (which also means no modified announcer calls, and I can't work with that >.>). Also, the size appears to be the same between the sfx file, and an extracted sawnd file.

I still don't know why 'Waluigi over Diddy (Final)' causes the music to glitch/change in-battle, but it also doesn't happen in Riivolution, all I know is that his moveset files (only of the '(Final)' version) have something to do with it, but I don't know why it happens in Gecko OS, but not Riivolution, and unfortunately, any older version of Waluigi over Diddy does not work with his SFX pack, and well... I really don't want a mute Waluigi, because that kinda' wrecks the personality of him in the game.

That's about all I know about it. I can't switch back to Riivolution because the cBliss expansion causes random freezes on stage select if ran on Riivolution. You can ask me more questions though about anything that might be related to these issues I'm having. Thanks for any more suggestions as to how to fix these issues. If it's easier to just fix the random-freeze-on-stage-select issue with cBliss on Riivolution, then any idea how that could be done?

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed the cBliss freezing for Riivolution.  AWESOME 2.0!
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:34:22 PM by SpoonTheMan » Logged

Kuroneko
    Expert Kitten

TwT

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: September 14, 2013, 03:55:58 AM »

i need help, i tried to put Saber`s voice over link, the sawnds file is the one that comes with Saber PSA, it only worked on trainning, and randombly freezes the game,  on VS after select map the fight never begins, please help!! TwT

agoaj
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #159 on: September 18, 2013, 09:47:17 AM »

Since BrawlBox now supports converting Wav files I'll probably be updating Super Sawndz to no longer need the dlls.

How easy was my code? This is the first time someone else has ever done something with it.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: September 18, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »

Since BrawlBox now supports converting Wav files I'll probably be updating Super Sawndz to no longer need the dlls.

How easy was my code? This is the first time someone else has ever done something with it.
    atm brawlbox does not support editing group files

InternetExplorer
    Advanced Kitten

SKRAAAAA

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »

I barely touched it, really. I had the .bnk creator written in Python already so I took the (extremely) lazy route and compiled it to a .exe and hooked it in, similar to how Sawndz was hooked. I could have rewritten it in C#, but it's been sitting around for a long time so I was afraid of forgetting how some things worked and spending hours debugging.

0mega
    Newbie Kitten

The End

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: September 20, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »

THIS IS GREAT!

InternetExplorer
    Advanced Kitten

SKRAAAAA

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2013, 07:49:56 AM »

Just updated Super Sawndz to natively create .bnk files rather than rely on the Python module. Functionally it's the exact same but it might be faster and more reliable.

.bnk files might not preserve enough information to be able to insert them back into the BRSAR, but I'll probably look into this and see if it's possible. For the time being, I recommend packaging your SFX files with both a .bnk and a .sawnd for the convenience of the user.

Post Merge: September 21, 2013, 10:20:18 AM
    Disregard the last post. I rewrote RSBE to natively use .sawnd files, so .bnk files will soon be obsolete. I need to perform extensive testing to make sure it's stable, but I'll update the code pretty soon.
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:20:19 AM by InternetExplorer » Logged

kangaroogreen
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: September 21, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »

So yeah, I've been trying this for a little while now. And I can't for the love of me seem to get by this error.

I've looked around for the .exe, but couldn't find it.
    Any ideas what's wrong?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out myself.  But, now that that error's gone, I have this problem.

And it just stops here and the sound isn't replaced when played on the right.
    So now I have this problem...
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:49:01 PM by kangaroogreen » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22
    Print
    Jump to: