Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22
Author Topic: It's here. RSBE - Replacement SoundBank Engine "FPC 4.0" by InternetExplorer  (Read 167901 times)
the_randomizer
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #300 on: May 29, 2014, 09:13:30 AM »

fubar?
    if you check a file in hex edit there should be the text "RBNK" or "RSWND" somewhere (if its this, then its a valid file for brawl

Fubar  - fragged up beyond all recognition (aka screwed up big time)

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #301 on: May 29, 2014, 04:49:58 PM »

^^did u try another sawnd file just to make sure the rsbe code is loading?

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #302 on: May 29, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »

^^did u try another sawnd file just to make sure the rsbe code is loading?

No, I haven't, ugh, it's just frustrating.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #303 on: May 30, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »

troubleshooting always helps Wink

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #304 on: May 30, 2014, 11:10:30 PM »

troubleshooting always helps Wink

Not denying that, I'm just saying it's causing me too much grief trying to replace the sound. Is it even feasible to extract samples from the individual sawnd file at all (which aren't big to begin with)?  Could someone test it in addition to me, to see if it works for them?

[TLoZ]Link
    Advanced Kitten

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #305 on: June 20, 2014, 11:57:08 PM »

Pokemon Trainer and Fighting Alloy Team.

Post Merge: March 09, 2014, 04:51:19 PM
    I still can't get this to work flawlessly.
    Works good for the most part, but there are many bugs.

When I insert the sawnd file, many other NOT hacked SFX get messed up.

Ex: I include the Shadow sawnd, the Announcer SFX are now messed.
    Some of those sounds either sound terrible, or sound like a fart, or make a BEEP (freeze).

Why is this happening?

I am having the same exact problem with the announcer SFX, some that aren't even changed have weird sounds now.
    HELP?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #306 on: June 21, 2014, 02:18:04 PM »

I am having the same exact problem with the announcer SFX, some that aren't even changed have weird sounds now.
    HELP?
    your sfx hacks are constrained to the  limit of the original's (this includes the byteslength/length of each clip, not the whole group) when using the method in this guide, it doesn't happen when using the older riivo method, please consider dumming down the quality of all your clips, or if it was a download, somehow rip , degrade, and recomcpile the sawnd file

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #307 on: June 21, 2014, 02:38:12 PM »

your sfx hacks are constrained to the  limit of the original's (this includes the byteslength/length of each clip, not the whole group) when using the method in this guide, it doesn't happen when using the older riivo method, please consider dumming down the quality of all your clips, or if it was a download, somehow rip , degrade, and recomcpile the sawnd file

That's not the issue.

I (believe) I fixed it by using Audacity to make the SFX.

We all are FORCED to use Audacity to make them work flawlessly.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2014, 03:19:03 PM »

That's not the issue.

I (believe) I fixed it by using Audacity to make the SFX.

We all are FORCED to use Audacity to make them work flawlessly.
    and how does ITS encodign of bytes differer from say sony ACID? ? i made all my sfx with ACID and had NO problems

Example, a friend DID use adacity (they ended up all 48k frequency) and his sawndboard annucner call pack was just suddenly toon link in battle when ROB was picked  what fixed it was his announcer pack had to be changed to frequency 5,000 from 48,000

additionally all my unoptimal non audacity hacks work flawlessly with my riivo that I am happy with

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #309 on: June 21, 2014, 04:36:02 PM »

and how does ITS encodign of bytes differer from say sony ACID? ? i made all my sfx with ACID and had NO problems

Example, a friend DID use adacity (they ended up all 48k frequency) and his sawndboard annucner call pack was just suddenly toon link in battle when ROB was picked  what fixed it was his announcer pack had to be changed to frequency 5,000 from 48,000

additionally all my unoptimal non audacity hacks work flawlessly with my riivo that I am happy with

I can't understand you.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

[TLoZ]Link
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #310 on: June 21, 2014, 06:06:25 PM »

I have yet to fully understand you, unfortunately. Allow me to give you an example in order for you to properly show me how to fix it, please. I have this Goku Announcer Call in the .wav format which I want to insert over Pit's Announcer Call in characall(GROUP ID:223). Here is the exact one I want in the Vault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=196503
    So what should I do to the .wav before inserting it(extra info: Pit's duration of his Announcer Call is 00:00.59 whereas Goku's .wav duration is 00:00.66)? Oh, and by the way, I do have the 3 .dll's required in order to convert the goku.wav to .sawnd.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #311 on: June 21, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »

You do NOT have to use audacity. Audacity and all other DAW software free or not will mix dowm to .wav. Which is NOT a proprietary filetype. They are all encoded in the same fashion.

The reason your audio is messed up is because your new sound was larger then the previous sound. in one way our another it is larger in filesize. This could be caused by the program used if any enhancements were applied, or if the sample rate is too high
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:44:57 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »

I have yet to fully understand you, unfortunately. Allow me to give you an example in order for you to properly show me how to fix it, please. I have this Goku Announcer Call in the .wav format which I want to insert over Pit's Announcer Call in characall(GROUP ID:223). Here is the exact one I want in the Vault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=196503
    So what should I do to the .wav before inserting it(extra info: Pit's duration of his Announcer Call is 00:00.59 whereas Goku's .wav duration is 00:00.66)? Oh, and by the way, I do have the 3 .dll's required in order to convert the goku.wav to .sawnd.

the trick is to have it not leak past the original size, the easiest way to understand this is to use the exact frequency and cap at the original length

example:
    replacing a 5 second 48k sound
    with no bigger than a 5 second clip thats 48k

to go over this, you can use up to say a 15 second clip at 6k

in this random example:

I will be using a 1.27 second clip and demonstrating how one copy of it will go over the original "length"

now lets say the original clip is 0.7 seconds long and originally a 32000 frequency clip
    which is 87KB in size

I have a clip thats 1.27 seconds long and its 48K audio, its size is 256 KB

a copy of it at 44.1k, its size is 219KB

another copy of it at 32k, its size is 159KB

and a final copy of the same thing at 16k, its size is 79KB

the copy at 16k will fit and not cause problems (despite being a longer length), but the 32k, 44.1k, and 48k WILL go over the size limit

higher quality wave samples will result in a larger datasize when replacing
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 11:12:56 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

[TLoZ]Link
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #313 on: June 21, 2014, 11:53:38 PM »

the trick is to have it not leak past the original size, the easiest way to understand this is to use the exact frequency and cap at the original length

example:
    replacing a 5 second 48k sound
    with no bigger than a 5 second clip thats 48k

to go over this, you can use up to say a 15 second clip at 6k

in this random example:

I will be using a 1.27 second clip and demonstrating how one copy of it will go over the original "length"

now lets say the original clip is 0.7 seconds long and originally a 32000 frequency clip
    which is 87KB in size

I have a clip thats 1.27 seconds long and its 48K audio, its size is 256 KB

a copy of it at 44.1k, its size is 219KB

another copy of it at 32k, its size is 159KB

and a final copy of the same thing at 16k, its size is 79KB

the copy at 16k will fit and not cause problems (despite being a longer length), but the 32k, 44.1k, and 48k WILL go over the size limit

higher quality wave samples will result in a larger datasize when replacing

Very well, thank you for your help!
    Using Audacity to correct my problems shall suffice, correct?
    Anyways, besides this problem, I was wondering if you could assist me with another I'm having regarding SFX as well. See, today I downloaded Sasuke over Meta Knight by Jrush(link to the PSA: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34401)
    Anyways, at first I just put the pf/fighter/metaknight files in to test the character and some moves had Ike's voice. After that, I put in the SFX that was in the download which was for meta knight to have Sasuke's voice. I put it and it wasn't working so I put some codes that were provided in the download and the voice worked, but only for the FitMetaKnight00 texture and not others. Also, it wouldn't work when battling other custom characters with SFX. After it does not work, it will completely stop working and go back to Ike's voice on Meta Knight until I restart my Wii and ONLY choose the FitMetaKnight00 texture and go against default characters. Do you think you know what is going on?
    Check the download link for more information, if needed. Thanks in advance!

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2014, 04:10:27 AM »

Very well, thank you for your help!
    Using Audacity to correct my problems shall suffice, correct?
    Anyways, besides this problem, I was wondering if you could assist me with another I'm having regarding SFX as well. See, today I downloaded Sasuke over Meta Knight by Jrush(link to the PSA: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34401)
    Anyways, at first I just put the pf/fighter/metaknight files in to test the character and some moves had Ike's voice. After that, I put in the SFX that was in the download which was for meta knight to have Sasuke's voice. I put it and it wasn't working so I put some codes that were provided in the download and the voice worked, but only for the FitMetaKnight00 texture and not others. Also, it wouldn't work when battling other custom characters with SFX. After it does not work, it will completely stop working and go back to Ike's voice on Meta Knight until I restart my Wii and ONLY choose the FitMetaKnight00 texture and go against default characters. Do you think you know what is going on?
    Check the download link for more information, if needed. Thanks in advance!
    some random problem first dayviewing now, the psa is in charge of SFX control, not the costume so it's strange that a costume is dictating if an SFX works or not

Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22
    Print
    Jump to: