Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Uploading personal things to the vault  (Read 4727 times)
FOREVER365
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 01, 2014, 03:10:28 AM »

anyone else out there feel weird when you make a custom character(like a custom model with its own textures or a really good vertex edit) and just want it kept only to yourself but want to show it off on Brawlvault?....i feel like everyone here has some things they might not upload to BV if not then im weird lol but i was just curious to hear someones opinion about that because i have some really good stuff that i never thought about putting up here and i made csp's(actual drawings because im an artist)(yes i do take request for CSPs but you would have to draw it and i would try to draw it the way it looks) and it looks amazing i was just so unsure about sharing this (sorry if i sound selfish haha) but you know once you put stuff like that on the internet, the whole world can see your ideas and maybe even copyright it(ive been copied before) espesially with original artwork. so i was wondering if anyone else understands where im coming from and maybe explain a personal experience or get me to upload one of my prized possessions to the vault  I see what you did there ... or just give me some advice or their opinion.

KnightMario
Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Warm Welcomer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 07:15:41 AM »

You do sound a bit selfish and self-praising.
    If I get back to making hacks, and when I did make hacks, the reason I posted things on the vault was so other people can enjoy them. What's the fun if you and your friends are the only ones using it? If you think it is so so good, upload it. It helps show you what you are doing wrong so you can improve, and let's other people enjoy things they themselves might not be able to make. If you are so worried about being copied then realize that it just means what you made is really good, and tell people who see it that you made it if you are so conscious about it. There's no good reason to not upload something you thing is good/great to the vault. You can show other people how great of an artist you are if you really are a good one, and people will recognize you for that. I know I'm being a bit repetitive here, but just upload to the vault. If they're good, you will be making people happy. Unless you're REALLY selfish, there's nothing wrong with that.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »

...why is this in fourm games?

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »

Oh it is. Move it to discussion and chatter?

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »

hmm i really dont know where exactly to post these type of things....and you have prooved a good point, i didnt recognize i was being so selfish :p but its not really the model that concerns me its the artwork which i would want to put up here, basically im more concerned about the copyright, and its not like this website blocks regular people, i know alot about the internet just not about copyrighting too much so thats my issue, because i plan on doing something with my artwork. thats all :p so im not really showing off i just know im good and i have been told to not just throw my stuff around so bluntly thats y i am concerned.

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 03:55:37 PM »

Posting in forum games about a serious topic should have tipped you off /sarcasm
    Anyway that aside copyright really isn't a issue as long as you're NOT making a profit off of someone else' intellectual properties. Unless you plan on making money by basing your artwork of a copyrighted design you should be fine.
    Also could you try not to run your sentences into each other as it makes reading it kinda hard to understand it

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 06:51:20 PM »

It was kind of hard to understand.
    But Chuy is right, unless you plan on making money off of it you are fine, and I don't know anything that has been copyrighted on brawl vault.

Yuuki Terumi
    Hyper Kitten

Alright, no more games!

• Awards Fiery Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 01:19:49 AM »

Well, it's up to the person whether they want to upload their Brawl hacks or not, if you like what you have, then keep it. It's not mandatory to upload your stuff here.  Smiley

But it'll be nice to show the world of what you can do in terms of Brawl hacking.  Angel

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 03:15:44 AM »

Hmm thanks guys i think ill go ahead when i have the time to post some of my drawings with models when i get the chance Smiley think you guys might like it, just have to get some of my stuff to togther, so yea thanks for the constructive criticism, i needed it

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »

No problem.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 11:21:44 AM »

You upload hacks to the vault if you want, I think that's the deal :v
    I actually have many hacks I haven't released on the vault but they are on my FB page, I don't find it necesary.
    (But every brawl hacker has things that he hasn't uploaded to the vault)

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 12:11:59 PM »

You upload hacks to the vault if you want, I think that's the deal :v
    I actually have many hacks I haven't released on the vault but they are on my FB page, I don't find it necesary.
    (But every brawl hacker has things that he hasn't uploaded to the vault)

I like that, thanks Smiley i was actually expecting my question about whether they know where im coming from about it, :p so thanks for answering 

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: