Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: building a better brawl  (Read 6436 times)
justadood
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »

so i was playing the old snes today... and was thinking. holy crap! i don't think anyone has made a joe and mac hack, or even suggested it. you can't say they wouldn't fit in with brawl's cast.

a lost franchise:

i actually am not familiar with that game Tongue ...but if you'd like to post a possible moveset for these guys, maybe a more modernized skin for them could be made eventually, and i'll copy and paste it in the first post's roster list (with credit to you, for the ideas)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:38:12 PM by justadood » Logged

I'M JUST A DOOD

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 10:54:55 PM »

Well for forgotten game series I'm going to suggest Miria from The Guardian Legend.

No real moveset ideas though, bleh.

Edit: ...Well, she would probably be kinda similar to Saki now that I think of it...
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:06:05 AM by Kitsu-chan » Logged

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 07:38:09 AM »

i actually am not familiar with that game Tongue ...but if you'd like to post a possible moveset for these guys, maybe a more modernized skin for them could be made eventually, and i'll copy and paste it in the first post's roster list (with credit to you, for the ideas)
    their moves would be pretty basic. they wield a club and do melee attacks mostly. any specials they'd have would be the items you can eat or pick up.

here is a play thru of the game you should get an idea of it by the first level

Joe & Mac 2 Walkthrough guia

special moves would be:
     the special clubs you can grab to add some range to your attacks (seen at 3:22)

a punching move in all directions(seen at 2:39)

various items you can eat in the game (peppers [vertical knock back?], bones [forward knock back?], water [trip or push an enemy back, no damage], seeds [passes thru an enemy with low damage? no knock back]) seen at 1:12

only idea's i can think of for other attacks, but maybe have the ranged clubs on smashes, the punching attack be an attack 100 and  the seeds be standard b attack that shoot at random? (thinking of an old brawl minus link where they did something similar for his arrows to random ice, light, bomb and fire)

justadood
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »

those all sound like very possible moves.. were you thinking of the pterodactyl as an up special or final smash?.. (i watched up to 14 minutes, but it's very repetitive)... so far, the pterodactyl seems like it's the best fit for a possible final smash Tongue ...but is there any "super mode" i missed?.. ....
    and here are a few ideas:

neutral A attack would be the punching in all directions move, similar in function to metaknight's

tilt attacks would be the club smack, a little like every character's tilt attack when holding a bat-type item, except can be aimed upward and diagonally as well...

smash attacks could be the club powered up, or that tomahawk , but without the projectiles (an idea here could be that the final smash adds the projectiles to your smash attacks).

shielding animation could copy the guarding stance the enemy cavemen were making (like at 10:25 in the video)

the neutral B moves could definitely use seeds and those "spitting" projectiles... it could work as a neutral B that's a hold charge type move, a little like lucario. basically, you hold b to start it, and joe will pull his hands up to his mouth as if he's swallowing something, like in the video. if you tilt down before releasing B, it will shoot water at an angle towards the ground in front of him (like lucas/szerosuits' down smash trajectory) and trip  foes... (think like PM's squirtle's bubble/down B as a reference). if you just tapped it, it would shoot seeds, which are faster, but not as powerful, but because it wouldn't need to be aimed, you should be able to shoot them fairly quickly, repeatedly, a little like fox's blaster, and they can go through one enemy (so potentially can hit two people standing beside each other, but would stop at the second one). then of course tilting up would be the last input and the last projectile which would be the peppers. the peppers would hit the foes at a near vertical velocity and would be the most powerful out of the three...

the side B could be the bone throw, which could be a true projectile that keeps flying in one direction and can be angled and/or smashed like link/toon link's boomerang side B. this projectile would have a bit more startup than the other B moves, but would be a strong attack with the strength and knockback of a decent aerial attack... this could be used for either ledge guarding or preventing recoveries.

up B could be the pterodactyl lifting you, like snake's up B, except when B is pressed while holding the pterodactyl, it will spit seeds... maybe it will require being controlled, more like pit/ROB's current upB, but i'd still like that feature of being able to spit seeds with the pterodactyl while it's out...

i can't think of any ideas for the downB, except either plucking out peppers (which would be redundant if we went with the aforementioned idea for the neutral B), or eating mutton, like the ones he finds on the floor... maybe if we went with the mutton idea, it would work similar to wario's down B where you need to wait a certain amount of time to get a "charge" and be able to eat one... ....can't think of any other ideas :?
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:13:02 PM by justadood » Logged

I'M JUST A DOOD

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 06:24:07 AM »

those all sound like very possible moves.. were you thinking of the pterodactyl as an up special or final smash?.. (i watched up to 14 minutes, but it's very repetitive)... so far, the pterodactyl seems like it's the best fit for a possible final smash Tongue ...but is there any "super mode" i missed?.. ....
    and here are a few ideas:

neutral A attack would be the punching in all directions move, similar in function to metaknight's

tilt attacks would be the club smack, a little like every character's tilt attack when holding a bat-type item, except can be aimed upward and diagonally as well...

smash attacks could be the club powered up, or that tomahawk , but without the projectiles (an idea here could be that the final smash adds the projectiles to your smash attacks).

shielding animation could copy the guarding stance the enemy cavemen were making (like at 10:25 in the video)

the neutral B moves could definitely use seeds and those "spitting" projectiles... it could work as a neutral B that's a hold charge type move, a little like lucario. basically, you hold b to start it, and joe will pull his hands up to his mouth as if he's swallowing something, like in the video. if you tilt down before releasing B, it will shoot water at an angle towards the ground in front of him (like lucas/szerosuits' down smash trajectory) and trip  foes... (think like PM's squirtle's bubble/down B as a reference). if you just tapped it, it would shoot seeds, which are faster, but not as powerful, but because it wouldn't need to be aimed, you should be able to shoot them fairly quickly, repeatedly, a little like fox's blaster, and they can go through one enemy (so potentially can hit two people standing beside each other, but would stop at the second one). then of course tilting up would be the last input and the last projectile which would be the peppers. the peppers would hit the foes at a near vertical velocity and would be the most powerful out of the three...

the side B could be the bone throw, which could be a true projectile that keeps flying in one direction and can be angled and/or smashed like link/toon link's boomerang side B. this projectile would have a bit more startup than the other B moves, but would be a strong attack with the strength and knockback of a decent aerial attack... this could be used for either ledge guarding or preventing recoveries.

up B could be the pterodactyl lifting you, like snake's up B, except when B is pressed while holding the pterodactyl, it will spit seeds... maybe it will require being controlled, more like pit/ROB's current upB, but i'd still like that feature of being able to spit seeds with the pterodactyl while it's out...

i can't think of any ideas for the downB, except either plucking out peppers (which would be redundant if we went with the aforementioned idea for the neutral B), or eating mutton, like the ones he finds on the floor... maybe if we went with the mutton idea, it would work similar to wario's down B where you need to wait a certain amount of time to get a "charge" and be able to eat one... ....can't think of any other ideas :?
    i actually like the mutton idea, would suit them very well. another down b idea could be bashing the person into the ground like the blue robed cavemen. there is one somewhere in the first stage at 1:22. it doesn't show him hitting it, but if you jump on them or smack them with the club they get pounded into the ground.

there are actually several different dino's you can ride. a triceratops that spits fire, pterodactyl spits seeds, and a water one (can't think of its name) that spits water. i think if you were going to put any of them in the game the pterodactyl would be best tho.

justadood
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 02:20:15 AM »

alright, trying to add characters to my brawl minus pack... i'll eventually post a link to a version, but only in this topic, not the forum (unless it gets requested by enough people)...

for now, i'm putting in scott pilgrim, ridley, and cloud... i'm having a little trouble getting the "module editor v 3.3" to work, but it's just about the last thing i need to get working before i can put them in... .... anyway, yeah, i'll also put up a forum for some premade-bundles, if you guys feel too lazy to make your own or like my packs enough that you'd prefer to just vote on certain characters and download that pack... .... so yeah, when i put up that forum, basically vote on what hacks (that are already on the forum) you want to be bundled in together in either brawl minus or vbrawl, and i'll put them together with brawlEX so you can keep the other characters... ....i'll eventually get back to this, buuuut... for now, i'm going to try to hone my skills at using PW's new clone engine...

I'M JUST A DOOD

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: