Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: Brawl Minus Maximum thread  (Read 42457 times)
Kienamaru
Brawl Minus Developer
Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 11:52:53 PM »

They use it. I don't use it though. Maybe I should. It's a nice site... Smash Mods I mean. Anyway, Omega you need to download this.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 01:14:23 AM »

They use it. I don't use it though. Maybe I should. It's a nice site... Smash Mods I mean. Anyway, Omega you need to download this.
    I will when it, its actually released not on youtube. IF you got a link to it. PM me.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »

Better yet, I'm putting links to the link on the OP

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 05:07:49 PM »

Better yet, I'm putting links to the link on the OP
    Sounds good.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »

I just wanna say that I still love Zelda's hitboxes

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 10:57:21 PM »

I just wanna say that I still love Zelda's hitboxes

Which hitboxes? Right now she is overpowered against heavies. But we're trying to strike a balance.

MegaMurg
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 11:13:38 AM »

So what exactly is Brawl minus? What are the big gameplay changes?

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 12:50:27 AM »

So what exactly is Brawl minus? What are the big gameplay changes?

The change are mostly with the characters themselves but we do have some actual changes in te mechanics. Minus uses increases Hitstun and shield stun as well as granting everyone the ability to walljump.  Grab releases are sped up along with things like ledge and spawn invincibilty timers taken down to make te game more fair and fast paced. There is also dash dancing and a few other things like no tripping.

In terms of characters. We try to balance every character while granting them all over the top abilities that increase their fighting potential. Every character in Brawl had a distinct style of play and we stick true to that by working on improving each character's strengths and balancing out their weaknesses. In some mods like Project M, they focus mostly on offensive play which is fun, but there are some players who prefer to fight defensively. In Minus, not everyone is made to be offensive. There are some characters who are heavily defensive such as Zelda with ranged hitboxes and the ability to teleport out of attacks for combos.  Then you have the evasive fighters such as Sonic, who has overwhelming speed and tricky cancels to fit his fast playstyle. There are also offensive powerhouses like Ike who can activate a mode where he deals increased shield damage but trades in a small amount of health with each Attack.

Post Merge: August 14, 2013, 12:58:55 AM
    There are some characters who received one of a kind abilities as well, such as Lucario's super taunt which increases his damage to lethal amounts. However, the risk and reward balance out as he becomes extremely powerful. Link has the unique abilities known as Hidden Skills (from Twilight Princess. Using special button inputs he can perform many new attacks that help him to stand out such as the Mortal Draw or backslice.

Basically, Brawl minus is about giving each of the characters what they need, and balancing it so that everyone stands a chance against everyone. Most people don't believe that the game is balanced because of how crazy some things are, but when we make changes, we take everything into account to keep the game as fair as possible.
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 12:58:55 AM by Kienamaru » Logged

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 08:36:08 AM »

I feel ashamed for not seeing this topic sooner. I love Brawl Minus, and it's one of the main reasons I got into modding.

And man, that Meta Knight up throw...

MegaMurg
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 12:32:57 PM »

The change are mostly with the characters themselves but we do have some actual changes in te mechanics. Minus uses increases Hitstun and shield stun as well as granting everyone the ability to walljump.  Grab releases are sped up along with things like ledge and spawn invincibilty timers taken down to make te game more fair and fast paced. There is also dash dancing and a few other things like no tripping.

In terms of characters. We try to balance every character while granting them all over the top abilities that increase their fighting potential. Every character in Brawl had a distinct style of play and we stick true to that by working on improving each character's strengths and balancing out their weaknesses. In some mods like Project M, they focus mostly on offensive play which is fun, but there are some players who prefer to fight defensively. In Minus, not everyone is made to be offensive. There are some characters who are heavily defensive such as Zelda with ranged hitboxes and the ability to teleport out of attacks for combos.  Then you have the evasive fighters such as Sonic, who has overwhelming speed and tricky cancels to fit his fast playstyle. There are also offensive powerhouses like Ike who can activate a mode where he deals increased shield damage but trades in a small amount of health with each Attack.

Post Merge: August 14, 2013, 12:58:55 AM
    There are some characters who received one of a kind abilities as well, such as Lucario's super taunt which increases his damage to lethal amounts. However, the risk and reward balance out as he becomes extremely powerful. Link has the unique abilities known as Hidden Skills (from Twilight Princess. Using special button inputs he can perform many new attacks that help him to stand out such as the Mortal Draw or backslice.

Basically, Brawl minus is about giving each of the characters what they need, and balancing it so that everyone stands a chance against everyone. Most people don't believe that the game is balanced because of how crazy some things are, but when we make changes, we take everything into account to keep the game as fair as possible.

This sounds really interesting, are there any plans for you to integrate PSA's into the game over some of the cloned(ish) characters or are you just trying to make the clone(ish) characters different enough from one another that they are essentially different characters?

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »

Is it allowed to make a new account and do this [censored]?  It's pretty funny lol

OriginalFanCharBlonic
    Intermediate Kitten

Oh no! I'm inexplicably inflating again!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 06:56:58 PM »

Is it allowed to make a new account and do this [censored]?  It's pretty funny lol
    Who knows? I find it as a great way of self communication!

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 01:09:07 AM »

What do you mean? Are you talking about all the low post people?

This sounds really interesting, are there any plans for you to integrate PSA's into the game over some of the cloned(ish) characters or are you just trying to make the clone(ish) characters different enough from one another that they are essentially different characters?

We're working on keeping them as close to their Vbrawl styles as possible but we're also changing how some characters work. Like making a Falco that prefers the air, etc. I can't go into detail really on characters that I haven't worked on as that's not allowed, but I doubt we'll disappoint anyone.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 07:33:19 AM »

Well, I'll follow this thread to see the progress...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

LeftyGreenMario
    Advanced Kitten

D'OH I MISSED!!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 01:31:49 PM »

I just used Brawl - recently and I love it more than Brawl's usual physics. Link is so much better now, since he has automatic L-canceling and much faster arrows and just generally stronger. I appreciate the lack of stale move negation and the increased hitstun and the inability to air dodge right after getting hit. I haven't used Brawl Minus Max, so I haven't seen Link use his Jump Strike and Mortal Draw yet.

One problem I have is that Mario goes into T-pose right when I try following up his dash attack. I don't know if it's Riivolution doing it (I use a non SDHC card) or if I forgot something.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7
    Print
    Jump to: