Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Brawl Minus Maximum thread  (Read 42503 times)
Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #60 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:32 AM »

If the gameplay feels slower it's probably because of the higher hitstun and shield stun. You pretty much can't react as quickly if you block or get hit by an attack. When I play Minus i normally turn off the hitstun code so I can keep my reflexes up. Also, if you want some hard Minus AI, fight Peach. She goes hard in da paint.
    did hitstun and other things change much from the 2.x release? i was looking but my comp crashed on me need a new one. we have been using the 2.x release mostly. the new one seems off somehow. its still fun i love what has been done with the characters. just prefere the older codeset more.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: September 25, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »

Yeah, I used 2X until MAX came out. It's a really great build. but I don't think the hitstun has changed. There have been some other codes added that we're still experimenting with.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:26 PM »

Yeah, I used 2X until MAX came out. It's a really great build. but I don't think the hitstun has changed. There have been some other codes added that we're still experimenting with.
    ah wich codes if you don't mind me asking, just curious. i noticed the code list seems a bit shorter now. could also be that i just don't remember what i added to the old one xD. worst part of a hard crash is that i lost all my progress on the codes i added. i have the GCT thankfully and most of my models backed up. just gonna have to find out what codes i added. off the top of my head i know i use the PM air dodge, higher lvl CPU, reflect on powershield with no buffering, no ZSS armor pieces, samus/ZSS don't switch, cBliss, Mr.MW's file patch, several CSS/SSS edits. i can't remember what else i added, i know there is more. we also plan on adding turbo mode when we get the chance but making it a more universal change. just need to wait on PM 3.0
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:29:47 AM by Sirkura » Logged

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: September 26, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »

ah wich codes if you don't mind me asking, just curious. i noticed the code list seems a bit shorter now. could also be that i just don't remember what i added to the old one xD. worst part of a hard crash is that i lost all my progress on the codes i added. i have the GCT thankfully and most of my models backed up. just gonna have to find out what codes i added. off the top of my head i know i use the PM air dodge, higher lvl CPU, reflect on powershield with no buffering, no ZSS armor pieces, samus/ZSS don't switch, cBliss, Mr.MW's file patch, several CSS/SSS edits. i can't remember what else i added, i know there is more. we also plan on adding turbo mode when we get the chance but making it a more universal change. just need to wait on PM 3.0

Knowing PM I doubt they'll let their turbo codes be available to the public unless you have someone who can decipher it. (I mean, when we politely asked if we could use their clone engine we were shut down. There's no such thing as friendly competition anymore if you'll do anything to stay on top.)

But we have a lot of experimental codes. I'm not sure what they do myself or really even what they are. We have been experimenting with CSS things and whatnot though.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:59:28 PM by Kienamaru » Logged

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: September 27, 2013, 05:12:31 AM »

I agree to this. True but still pro minus cpu's could be of some use, don't you agree?

Isn't your Minus set up different Kien, if so I would like to have it so we can Minus it out.
    So check this out http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34163
    There's even been a thread for it. Wow....

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »

Knowing PM I doubt they'll let their turbo codes be available to the public unless you have someone who can decipher it. (I mean, when we politely asked if we could use their clone engine we were shut down. There's no such thing as friendly competition anymore if you'll do anything to stay on top.)

But we have a lot of experimental codes. I'm not sure what they do myself or really even what they are. We have been experimenting with CSS things and whatnot though.
    actually the thing is we do. we have raw data from each PM + we ahve codes that we know(hitlag/stun/etc) with each update it makes it fairly easy to decypher which codes are newer  by comparing fragments to the newer ones. there are generally only a few new ones at a time. (IE clone engin, character codes, TM, etc) the others have stayed fairly constant. and if you think this is bad the PS3 hacking scene is AWFUL.  you get people who purosefully make files to brick them, people who charge for there software. everything is pretty closed off and there is little to no knoledge sharing.. i'm sure its why they havent been able to crack 3.55+ firmware. all that aside we've been able to rip out several codes from PM like there aidodge system/reflect on powershield/etc. i always hated the PM secrecy they keep. tho i still try to be curdious and not spill things they dont want out to the public. one of the very first beta's of the game was leaked. had a ton of codes in it. i remember them throwing a hissy fit about it lol. or when they had someone readd all the characters to 2.5b xD they had the creator remove it off brawlvault. by comparing the changes from files like that and the changes between updates it makes it pretty easy to crack.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: September 27, 2013, 12:26:15 PM »

actually the thing is we do. we have raw data from each PM + we ahve codes that we know(hitlag/stun/etc) with each update it makes it fairly easy to decypher which codes are newer  by comparing fragments to the newer ones. there are generally only a few new ones at a time. (IE clone engin, character codes, TM, etc) the others have stayed fairly constant. and if you think this is bad the PS3 hacking scene is AWFUL.  you get people who purosefully make files to brick them, people who charge for there software. everything is pretty closed off and there is little to no knoledge sharing.. i'm sure its why they havent been able to crack 3.55+ firmware. all that aside we've been able to rip out several codes from PM like there aidodge system/reflect on powershield/etc. i always hated the PM secrecy they keep. tho i still try to be curdious and not spill things they dont want out to the public. one of the very first beta's of the game was leaked. had a ton of codes in it. i remember them throwing a hissy fit about it lol. or when they had someone readd all the characters to 2.5b xD they had the creator remove it off brawlvault. by comparing the changes from files like that and the changes between updates it makes it pretty easy to crack.

I'm not saying we couldn't crack the codes, I'm just saying that in doing so we'd probably get kicked off of SmashMods or something petty and awful like that. Also, new update coming soon. Most majorly changed characters include Ike and Ice Climbers but there are lots of others who had small tweaks here and there including some special things with Mario and Luigi. I'll update the OP soon.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2013, 12:40:12 PM »

I'm not saying we couldn't crack the codes, I'm just saying that in doing so we'd probably get kicked off of SmashMods or something petty and awful like that. Also, new update coming soon. Most majorly changed characters include Ike and Ice Climbers but there are lots of others who had small tweaks here and there including some special things with Mario and Luigi. I'll update the OP soon.
    most of our codes are private to keep people from raging. so i understand. we mostly play locally with our friends or online against certain people. and sweet can't wait for the update, i'll be sure to download it later. i'm still waiting for ZSS. she's a little behind everyone atm so i've been using the PM ZSS.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2013, 12:40:35 PM »

Cool news! It was you who was working on Ike, right? I'll download the new pack soon in the night...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

brawlpk
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #69 on: October 01, 2013, 11:16:45 PM »

Awesome post Kien! I just got on these forums and searched Brawl Minus and found this. I'm still pretty new to the actual "modding" aspect of Brawl mods but I look forward to seeing what the community has to offer.

Anyway, thanks for promoting Brawl Minus and working so hard on the builds for MAX. I hope we can get more people on board and eventually put Minus in the spotlight where it deserves to be.

I am brawlpk--blogger and playtester on the Brawl Minus Team.
    http://brawlminus.tumblr.com/

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:22 AM »

Awesome post Kien! I just got on these forums and searched Brawl Minus and found this. I'm still pretty new to the actual "modding" aspect of Brawl mods but I look forward to seeing what the community has to offer.

Anyway, thanks for promoting Brawl Minus and working so hard on the builds for MAX. I hope we can get more people on board and eventually put Minus in the spotlight where it deserves to be.

^I agree with this!
    And welcome, man!

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: October 13, 2013, 05:37:02 AM »

Our most recent release impressed even me. Funny that I didn't expect what was in there but ahem. We have an entirely new SD setup which removes the use of a Private folder entirely. This lets you change the characters and all that good stuff so much faster. Not only that, but we see the return of our CSS and SSS, New completely awesome sprited CSPs and BPs, and a few rebalanced stages. Be sure to check it out everyone. You can't apply this one in a patch though, so save everything you want to keep elsewhere and get to downloading!

Pin0yB0i
    Badace
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: October 28, 2013, 12:58:23 AM »

I'm a regular Minus user. In my opinion, it's so much more fun than any other modded version of Brawl. I brought my Wii to my school for club day (video game club) and I let my friends try it out. Everyone loved it. I just recently tried out Project M for the first time. I liked it, but I still prefer Brawl Minus, so I switched back. Grin

I'm just posting here to stay updated because I go on here more than smashmods.

But anyway, nice work! Keep it up! (:

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: October 28, 2013, 05:21:19 AM »

Okay so our most recent update has seen a lot of aesthetic changes. Sonic has gotten some new animations that I made based on Sonic Colors. ( I'll be adding a few more down the road ) Toon Link now has his Mirror Shield and Magical Arrows, Falco has been maximized, though currently he seems to suck because none of our ciders actually play as Falco and it's hard for us determine what he needs. There have been a few fixes applied such as Ike's Fsmash hitting when tilted.

We won't be keeping the sprited CSS much longer as they belong to P:M. Funny that I didn't know. Soon we'll be working on more stages and we are planning on adding a certain new level that I won't reveal until I know progress is going well.

Tybis
    Intermediate Kitten

WHAT WHAT WHAT

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 07:34:40 PM »

Falco has been maximized, though currently he seems to suck because none of our ciders actually play as Falco and it's hard for us determine what he needs.

You're just a whole buncha jugs a cider, aren't cha?

(He obviously needs more lasers.)
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:36:33 PM by Tybis » Logged

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
    Print
    Jump to: