Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 56
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. All Stars (Teaser: Lucas, Popo & Nana)  (Read 347714 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »

Welp, my desktop is doing this cool thing where it doesn't want to read SD cards anymore.

Not too worried about it, I'll be getting a new laptop soon so I'll work off of there.

If you want, you could just take it from the Skyward Sword Hero hack that's already on the vault. Just collab me for it.

Also, for your front smash and backflip problems, did you take out the slope event modifier (or whatever it's called)?

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker Hot Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »

Hm... yeah, your point is more moving now, but I'm still not totally convinced. You're right, Ike IS too fast in PM for now. But, he IS probably one of the best characters in PM right now. But I should remind you; his new speed is somewhat justified by the fact that PM plays waaaaay faster. For my next release I should tone down his speed a bit...

But your point about Ganondorf holds little water. You know why the move does 41%, right? It's because there's basically a 3% chance that BOTH hits will connect. It almost never happens. And anyone who runs into a fully charged Ganondorf Up Smash really has it coming...
    Both. The qualities of both incarnations are merged into one moveset. Ike's new Forward and Up Tilts are both exclusively from PoR, while his Jab is exclusively from RD. The rest of his new moves actually appear in both games. You see, I'd MUCH prefer having one moveset that's almost ENTIRELY edited as opposed to having two movesets that are only partially edited.
    And if you're talking about costumes included in the pack, again, both. Right now I only have PoR costumes included; but a really, really awesome team of model importers are working on both of Ike's RD classes. They look flippin' sweet.

You see, just like the (implied) intentions of the original Smash Bros., the idea is to make ONE character moveset/costume-set that encompasses all the features from as many games as possible (and also, de-cloning will be stressed in this hack pack). Essentially, the project's mission statement is this: to make the ideal Super Smash Bros. game. Real ambitious, but also real rewarding.
    I already gave him the go ahead. I love his SS run.
    Ya your right on Ike being one of the best characters in PM. I also know as well that Melee speed was only faster do fast falling and run speed. Overall the attack speed nearly stays the same.

AS about Ganon, well 3% chance is very common when I use him. Its like every time I do the attack is a double hit. But its all good, those attributes they give those characters is what sets them apart from the rest of them.

AS for you Ike, It seems still good. Even if you base all your True projects to PM, your giving new PSAs to PM. Which is something I approve of. The vault needs more PSAs.

As for Link - Ya Skyward Sword was my favorite Zelda game. So I know how you feel about the sprint.

AS to your Statement Drogoth, as the creator of the hack permission is needed from the hack creator and Sacred. But still idc if he uses it. >.>

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 04:31:54 PM »

AS to your Statement Drogoth, as the creator of the hack permission is needed from the hack creator and Sacred. But still idc if he uses it. >.>

That specific part of the hack along with a few other animations were mine.

He could ask you for the animations, but it wouldn't matter he'd need to ask me for them. The guy who made it.

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

teh-myuutsu
    Banned
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »

But I have to ask, since when is PRoject M unbalanced? Off the top of my head... I actually can't think of a single bad character...

the problems with Project Melee are

1.Snake
    2.R.o.b
    3.Metaknight
    4.Bowser
    5.KingDedede
    6.DK
    7.Squritle
    8.Ivysaur
    9ZerosuitSamus
    10.DiddyKong
    11.Charizard
    12.Lucas
    13.Ness
    14.Fox (too weak)
    15.Wolf
    16.Jigglypuff
    17Zelda
    ----------------------------------------
    half of the entire project melee cast is either cheap, overpowered, 99% unstoppable
    or just randomly modified to the PMBR's desires because they probably played certain characters in brawl tournaments and lost every battle so they altered a few codes back and forth and not only brought back melee characters (that would be too fair for them) but they also "buffed" them. so now we have nearly balanced characters with unbalanced and uncontrolled buffs (especially for the brawl characters) and as a result there are characters that are better than others because the brawl characters got the biggest buffs and now bowser isn't a punching bag but now makes you a punching bag and i have a way of testing balance.

i bring my Project M custom Mewtwo VERSION 1... and i put it in project M and have the characters fight this overpowered mewtwo psa, i do a 1 stock battle and all of the balanced characters usually lose to mewtwo around the same time and my friends also lose around the same time. now the 17 i mentioned above all seem to K.o Mewtwo at similar times. ESPECIALLY BOWSER...

now here are some facts
    ----------------------------------
    1.My Mewtwo is balanced in the newest unreleased version which is coming soon
    but version 1 was overpowered

2.all of the "broken seventeen" didn't have much trouble beating my hack
    and this was when i didn't know how to change much in PSA

3.My Mewtwo had allot of weight and pretty low gravity and still lost
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this should have to mean something to you in terms of "balance".

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »

He could ask you for the animations, but it wouldn't matter he'd need to ask me for them. The guy who made it.
    Wrong, the hack animation were made for MY hack. Which is in Project Sacred. He needs permission from Kienamaru, the leader of Project Sacred to use it, but stated in my hack. "If you want to use ANYTHING from this hack, pm OmegaS3" You was collabed for the help, not the hack all together. Kien was fine with what I put, Kien doesn't want anyone using OUR stuff without his consent or mine. (I'm the main reason why Sacred is still together and now growing) If I really need to be a ass which I can, I can go remake the animations simple by getting C.F. run, putting it on Link, copy and past any frame from SS Link into it, to convert the animation into the correct size, so he isn't C.F. stretched, edit the dash to where he sheaths the sword. (Not hard at all) and reupload the hack. something I can literally do in 3 minutes. But frankly as I said idc because that skylink is old news. I am making a new one later, sense I can animate and PSA in one now, and create a all new Skyward Link making sure every attack is different. If I'm correct that is the only thing left you have in the Project, because I used Iwantgames model, which he inverted for me, and the rest of the animation was done by Kagemaru and remade the dash attack, PSA was done by me sense I remade it. Loftwing done by AC and Models done by GanonZack. Even if you did have word input that's enough for credit which I'm fine with.  So ya hold on to that one animation before I turn into that person.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:00:45 PM by OmegaS3 » Logged

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 05:11:01 PM »

I'm curious, what difference would it make whether he got it from me or your hack? It's the same exact thing.

O snap

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 05:18:47 PM »

I'm curious, what difference would it make whether he got it from me or your hack? It's the same exact thing.
    Oh nothing, I was just stating Sacred policies sense it came into it. But that is true, but what really needs to happen Drogoth is we gotta quit playing around and you and I join up and make a killer Sky Link. That's what I'm curious about.

But as of the True PSA, your making Link have the Skyward Run, does that mean he will be Skyward Sword Link or he will just have Skyward Link run?

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »

we gotta quit playing around and you and I join up and make a killer Sky Link. That's what I'm curious about.

Send me a PM, we can talk there.

I'm quite sure that he just wants him to have that Run Animation.

O snap

This Is A Username
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 06:31:06 PM »

Link's Fair is majorly wonky. I originally thought it was a glitch when I first used it. The initial swing seems like its in slow motion, and has a rather strange forward momentum boost. He also falls slowly for a billion years with his sword held right in front of him, making the move completely useless offstage, and useless onstage too from slow startup. If its meant to be a stall then fall, I'd recommend making it fall fast; otherwise, just nix the end lag and allow him to act out of it like any other aerial so it actually does something besides waste  a move slot. Nair also suffers from slow motion syndrome: even if it is a kill move, there's not much of a chance of landing it if the startup is so great it hardly comes out from a full hop. Dash Attack, FTilt, DTilt, Back dodge, and his run all seem great to me, so kudos for that. While its completely superfluous, I'm interested in having the new DAttack be better for combos. Maybe change the KB angle to 45 degrees up in front of you with a little more BKB so it links easily into FTilt, FSmash, and a hopefully fixed Fair?

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »

Link's Fair is majorly wonky. I originally thought it was a glitch when I first used it. The initial swing seems like its in slow motion, and has a rather strange forward momentum boost. He also falls slowly for a billion years with his sword held right in front of him, making the move completely useless offstage, and useless onstage too from slow startup. If its meant to be a stall then fall, I'd recommend making it fall fast; otherwise, just nix the end lag and allow him to act out of it like any other aerial so it actually does something besides waste  a move slot. Nair also suffers from slow motion syndrome: even if it is a kill move, there's not much of a chance of landing it if the startup is so great it hardly comes out from a full hop. Dash Attack, FTilt, DTilt, Back dodge, and his run all seem great to me, so kudos for that. While its completely superfluous, I'm interested in having the new DAttack be better for combos. Maybe change the KB angle to 45 degrees up in front of you with a little more BKB so it links easily into FTilt, FSmash, and a hopefully fixed Fair?

The biggest problem is that he used Ike's animations for some of the moves, so they're gonna have slow start up and end lag.

O snap

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »

This is an amazing project, loving the images and ideas so far! Once I find a SD card, I'll totally try this!

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »

I wanna see how this project goes... *subs*
    I'm not really someone with a lot of knowledge about the true series of all the characters

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

GameAndWatcher
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »

I can't wait to see how you handle Captain Falcon.

<- I Support MM8BDM!

Amarythe
    Supreme Kitten

Super Smash Bros. All-Stars Developer

• Awards Favorite'd Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »

Ya your right on Ike being one of the best characters in PM. I also know as well that Melee speed was only faster do fast falling and run speed. Overall the attack speed nearly stays the same.
    Noooooooooo Melee is definitely much much much much much much much faster. And so is Project M coincidentally. I recently played as standard Brawl Link and it was painful how slow his moves were.

AS about Ganon, well 3% chance is very common when I use him. Its like every time I do the attack is a double hit. But its all good, those attributes they give those characters is what sets them apart from the rest of them.
    And although I wouldn't call it that cheap a move, I do agree it needs a little less power.

He could ask you for the animations, but it wouldn&#039;t matter he&#039;d need to ask me for them. The guy who made it.
    ^Lol this. It doesn't matter what hack it's from, the source of the animation itself is the only liability I have as far as a collab goes.

[everything this guy said]
    ...I don't think it's exactly reliable to use a CPU to judge balance in this game. You can't rely on AI to determine what's realistic in the game setting. Even if your Mewtwo wasn't balanced. Certain character AI is worse than others, there are too many variables to sort out.

Also...
    -Sheik is still isnanely good
    -Fox is also still really formidable
    -Snake is overall a worse character now
    -Marth is definitely still viable
    -Captain Falcon is still really damn good
    -Ganondorf is still really damn good
    -Falco is still really damn good
    -Ike is definitely one of the best characters right now
    -This is the best Link Smash Bros. has ever seen (aside from Minus)
    -Pikachu has been giving me trouble

Thany's PM Roy PSA is actually a really low tier character in comparison to everyone in Project M right now and I can still hold my own with him. This game is far more balanced than Melee at least, there are no Pichus or Kirbys or Bowsers to be seen. More balanced than Brawl, too, I'd imagine.

Link's Fair is majorly wonky. I originally thought it was a glitch when I first used it. The initial swing seems like its in slow motion, and has a rather strange forward momentum boost. He also falls slowly for a billion years with his sword held right in front of him, making the move completely useless offstage, and useless onstage too from slow startup. If its meant to be a stall then fall, I'd recommend making it fall fast; otherwise, just nix the end lag and allow him to act out of it like any other aerial so it actually does something besides waste  a move slot. Nair also suffers from slow motion syndrome: even if it is a kill move, there's not much of a chance of landing it if the startup is so great it hardly comes out from a full hop. Dash Attack, FTilt, DTilt, Back dodge, and his run all seem great to me, so kudos for that. While its completely superfluous, I'm interested in having the new DAttack be better for combos. Maybe change the KB angle to 45 degrees up in front of you with a little more BKB so it links easily into FTilt, FSmash, and a hopefully fixed Fair?
    To prove that I am not incompetent I should make it clear that I am perfectly aware of the fact that the Forward Air is the least well-polished move in the PSA so far. The forward momentum boost is going to go away. The initial swing will be faster. Although I'm cutting the time on this, you have to understand that it falls "for a million years" for a specific reason: that's what happens in Zelda. You're not meant to use it offstage, just like Link's Down Air. It's quite an effective edgeguard if you stay on stage. But right now, that forward momentum is preventing that from being viable. Don't worry, this will see MAJOR edits.
    I can't put too much credence in your complaint about the Neutral Air though. It is a DAMN good kill move, and your complaints about it being too hard to hit with are... well, I can't put it any better than this, I've been popping out Helm Splitters left and right while testing out this hack. It's a good move with awesome range and a long lasting hit box and insane knock back. You just need to get the hang of adjusting yourself to the spacing involved, this PSA gives Link an all new sense of style. Frankly I was worried the move was too good for a while. I land it waaaaay more oftent han Link's Down Air and it may even produce more knockback.
    And as for the Dash Attack, the trajectory IS set to 45 degrees. What I need to do is give it more forward momentum. Then it's beautiful for combos. I slowed it down because I thought the speed of the move was contributing to a certain glitch (which is fixed btw). I'm going to give it more reach again, as a little funny easter-egg you're going to be playing a version of Link that rolls faster than he dashes.

The biggest problem is that he used Ike's animations for some of the moves, so they're gonna have slow start up and end lag.
    No no no no no. First, the Neutral air is actually the only attack that comes from Ike. The rest are pure Link. And second of all, I'm perfectly capable of adjusting the speed of any animation to fit a specific character's needs. If I'd wanted the Helm Splitter to be fast, I definitely could have made it that way.

This is an amazing project, loving the images and ideas so far! Once I find a SD card, I'll totally try this!
    Thank you! Lovin' the feedback.

I wanna see how this project goes... *subs*
    Noice. I think I've got the skills to amuse you.

I can't wait to see how you handle Captain Falcon.
    Captain Falcon will actually receive very insignificant changes. There's little sense in modifying him much for a " True" PSA hack because there are literally no attacks or movements performed whatsoever by him in his games. All I can really do for him is (because I'm de-cloning the game and Ganondorf deserves the elbow) give him his old N64 Forward Smash and maybe adjust his dash speed and acceleration according to the stats of his car, but really that's all I can do. Sorry to disappoint...

I should take this time to mention that certain characters will receive very, very little changes. HOWEVER those changes will be important nonetheless; AND this hack pack will include a VERY noteworthy collection of textures, so don't think PSA is all this is about!
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:51:38 PM by Amarythe » Logged

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
    SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
    Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 09:52:17 PM »

Hey.

I love Bowser. I use him. A lot.

Don't give two [censored]s what anyone thinks of him.

Speaking of the Koopa King.

GALOT! (Get A Load Of THIS!)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21628.0
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:55:17 PM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 56
    Print
    Jump to: