Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142751 times)
Akeno/Archer
Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 05:46:19 PM »

I based the third animation on Luigi's side smash, but all those animations I made from scratch, including the scale change. None of them is copy of another animation. Lol, I don't know how saw Luigi's animation on those.
    Really? Well, nevermind then... It's maybe the Mario-ish feeling that missed me for awhile, since I worked only on PSAs based of swords and weapons etc...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 06:22:53 PM »

No problem. Actually I must thank you for the comment. If you thought they were Luihi's animations I believe they are not that bad.  Lips Sealed

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »

Now these Animations are looking pretty good.

I might consider getting this PSA, once it's out.

Though I think the Up Smash's rotation could use some work, but I'll wait until I see what it looks like in-game.

I tend to have somewhat high quality standards. xp

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 12:48:52 PM »

Though I think the Up Smash's rotation could use some work, but I'll wait until I see what it looks like in-game.

Thanks. I agree with what you said about the rotation. While I was doing that animation, for some reason, every single frame ended up with a keyframe on some bones  Roll Eyes I tried to fix it without erasing everything and made things even worse, then I got lazy.
    By the way, didn't know it was that obvious it was the up-smash.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 02:21:40 PM »

No problem. Actually I must thank you for the comment. If you thought they were Luihi's animations I believe they are not that bad.  Lips Sealed

I agree, these animations look really good! If only I was able to animate like this xD

Anyway, did you already start to code them? Or you're still making animations?

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 03:16:52 PM »

I agree, these animations look really good! If only I was able to animate like this xD

Anyway, did you already start to code them? Or you're still making animations?

They are coded. Some attacks, like Attack11 and Attack12 I took from other characters by lack of inspiration on what to do. But those animations I uploaded are not all what I made, they are more or less to let people have an idea of what I did and if they will like it.

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »

I would be very interested in trying this out. What character does this cover?

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
    In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »

I would be very interested in trying this out. What character does this cover?

I made him over Lucario. He can be .rel ported so you can actually use him on whoever you like, though I don't know well how this works.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 03:24:49 PM »

Bah, there are a lot of .rel files on the vault especially Mewtwo ones...

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 05:10:39 PM »

By the way, didn't know it was that obvious it was the up-smash.
    I thought it was his Up Tilt at first, but I came to the conclusion that it was his Up Smash, due to the comments talking about his Forward Smash.

Speaking of Forward Smash, I say you should have used TransN movement to keep his right foot in place for the whole duration of the animation, because currently, his foot just unnaturally slides back. Undecided

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »

I thought it was his Up Tilt at first, but I came to the conclusion that it was his Up Smash, due to the comments talking about his Forward Smash.

Speaking of Forward Smash, I say you should have used TransN movement to keep his right foot in place for the whole duration of the animation, because currently, his foot just unnaturally slides back. Undecided

I did use the TransN. The problem is the angle I picked to make the gif. He stands on his left foot, than lifts his right leg and bring it back to the original position, but it can't be seen because he hides his own leg on that angle, and the wait animation and the slim legs doesn't really help on that matter. Typical animation challenges. But I can make that more evident. I learned here that you must make exaggerated movements to make them look good in game.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »

The Dry Bones PSA is nearly finished. Well, it's finished since some months ago actually, but I thought on little things I still want to do. I updated the first page with explanations about the attacks, screenshots and a video about it. I know it's hard to see, but if anyone see something way too grotesque about it, let me know.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 05:52:53 AM »

The Dry Bones PSA is nearly finished. Well, it's finished since some months ago actually, but I thought on little things I still want to do. I updated the first page with explanations about the attacks, screenshots and a video about it. I know it's hard to see, but if anyone see something way too grotesque about it, let me know.
    I think it will be some kind of technique PSA... Hmm... Since I didn't test it, I can say much, but you should maybe use the alt Up smash for a B move (Ground Up B or Ground/Air Down B)

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »

I think it will be some kind of technique PSA... Hmm... Since I didn't test it, I can say much, but you should maybe use the alt Up smash for a B move (Ground Up B or Ground/Air Down B)

I made it on up smash mainly because I only thought about it after I did the special attacks, but I think if I let it being able to use at anytime, it can be annoying to the enemies because it's a long move, compared to the other attacks on brawl at least. I could let it on the B move like a move you could do after X damage instead of a random attack on up smash, I don't know what people would prefer.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »

I made it on up smash mainly because I only thought about it after I did the special attacks, but I think if I let it being able to use at anytime, it can be annoying to the enemies because it's a long move, compared to the other attacks on brawl at least. I could let it on the B move like a move you could do after X damage instead of a random attack on up smash, I don't know what people would prefer.
    Well... Needs a poll for this...  I don't know what would I prefer though...

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: