Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142774 times)
Mortimer
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: August 25, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

Unfortunately, homing things can't be done. I even think it's possible to fake the homing shell, but would move like an arch and would never go backwards. And would move in a straight line if the opponent avoids it. Still, I'm already doing a similar thing for the final smash.

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

I fear no Evil, for I walk the path of the Gods.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: August 25, 2014, 10:08:49 AM »

Ah, I see.
    Might be fun to try and c~

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: September 12, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »

I've just update the first page with the attacks I've made so far. I've posted some more animated gifs to show better how the attacks are. But regardless of what you can think, I probably won't change anything on them.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: September 12, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »

are u working on a Bowser Jr PSA?

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: September 12, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »

Huh.. no. Why did you ask that?

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: September 13, 2014, 02:54:12 AM »

your psas are always extremely fun to look at xD im just disapointed you never released your FS's on the vault :S

And if you really like doing mario chars  and with your   out of the bucket ideas a king boo psa would  shine imo.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: September 13, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »

Thanks. Smiley

Believe me, I never intended to not release anything. I just wanted to avoid a huge amount of unnecessary work by fixing all those final smashes for nothing. Still, I know that most people who disliked them was because they either think I'm trying to fake the new smash bros that's comming or because they are too powerful and too long. I didn't intend to release them this way, but I'll be lucky if 5% of the viewers read my descriptions at all. I'll make a third video with the fss on the brawl standards to confirm this theory and see if I should release them. If they still hating me, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Lips Sealed

King Boo has the problem of not having legs neither arms. He is just a ball with 2 hands without fingers.  Cool Animating it would be easy, but would be very tedious and would require too much creativity to make it a decent psa.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: September 13, 2014, 10:15:21 AM »

Thanks. Smiley

Believe me, I never intended to not release anything. I just wanted to avoid a huge amount of unnecessary work by fixing all those final smashes for nothing. Still, I know that most people who disliked them was because they either think I'm trying to fake the new smash bros that's comming or because they are too powerful and too long. I didn't intend to release them this way, but I'll be lucky if 5% of the viewers read my descriptions at all. I'll make a third video with the fss on the brawl standards to confirm this theory and see if I should release them. If they still hating me, I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Lips Sealed

King Boo has the problem of not having legs neither arms. He is just a ball with 2 hands without fingers.  Cool Animating it would be easy, but would be very tedious and would require too much creativity to make it a decent psa.
    well criativity is something you have by the buckets xD and even if you dont want to release the FSs on the vault you could always put a link on your OP like many users do when they dont fell like commiting.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: September 13, 2014, 10:38:39 AM »

Huh.. no. Why did you ask that?
    welp
    idk for some reason i thought u were tied into this:

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: September 13, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »

well criativity is something you have by the buckets xD and even if you dont want to release the FSs on the vault you could always put a link on your OP like many users do when they dont fell like commiting.

A ghost character psa is indeed something we don't have yet. But in my case, making this one is impossible. When I animated the scarabs for Baphomet, I almost gave up that idea just because of 5 or 6 animations I had to do with such a boneless model. I feel I would give up doing it as well.  Tongue
    Problem is not the vault itself, it's just the amount of work I'll have for nothing to port them into fresh psa files and fix them to the brawl standards. I initially didn't even intend to release them. It's why it took me 2 years to mention them after I started making them. So I didn't really care about those details. Big details. Though some of them I'll hardly be able to fix without completely destroying them. I know some people want them, and I don't like promising things that I won't release, but I can't control my motivation for this. I hope the third part helps me on this matter.

welp
    idk for some reason i thought u were tied into this:

Well, I'm not.  Cool

Forgot to say before. I used Mario characters because it's by far the series I played the most from the Nintendo franchises. Right now, I can't think on another Mario character (that I like) that could be good for another psa. Hammer Bro has a lot of possibilities, but I don't want to get into another turtle psa. Maybe one day, but not soon, for sure.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: November 02, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »

Yeah, I'm alive. I posted some screenshots of what I did after a month and a half.  Didn't want to take that long, but I lost 2 weeks doing something that didn't work at the end.
    I still have ideas of things that could be done, but I don't want to risk lose all my free space before doing more final smashes. I think that's gonna be it. I'll start thinking on the video soon. Still gonna take some time before releasing this. I still didn't use this character a single time to look for bugs.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: November 27, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »

I uploaded the video preview. Didn't balance attacks yet. For the final smash, I didn't really like how it ended up. If I have a good idea, I'll discard this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fppBOnUOBDU

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: November 27, 2014, 07:24:46 PM »

How did you manage to do that stuff with the Bullet Bills?

Because I'm sure you can't do the things you did (contact with wall and button press timing) with pseudo projectiles (collision attached to ThrowN bone). o-o

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #163 on: November 27, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »

Well for some reason (besides the 503 error 9000 times :V) i cant quote so..
    @KJP
    Based on the attack description.

"A big bullet bill will land behind Koopa. It can hit opponents, if they are close enough.
    After that, by performing the grounded neutral special again, the bullet bill will disappear and will be launched from bellow your foe. You must be facing the enemy and can't be too far away, or the bullet (will be launched directly in front of you.)"

a) its a infinite graphic which stays where it landed until you press the b button again, then that effect dissapears,then the throwN bone will launch another bullet bill gfx in front of you.

b) its an article coding (maybe snake´s c4) so maybe snake´s ported over jiggly.
    c) thats a badass coding if isnt a or b

Also that intro with peach....
    @Mortimer
    Btw i love those final smashes in the second post(the snake one is creepy :V) as well as some koopa´s moves *subscribes*

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: November 27, 2014, 10:14:05 PM »

How did you manage to do that stuff with the Bullet Bills?

Because I'm sure you can't do the things you did (contact with wall and button press timing) with pseudo projectiles (collision attached to ThrowN bone). o-o

I didn't make bullet bills colliding with walls. Well, I'm not sure of which attack you're talking about. They hit Ganon in both, anyway. And I didn't get the timing thing too. =D I'm sleepy. Whatever is the case, I'm not completely sure "colliding" bones with walls is impossible. May depend on how much you want to accept it as a real thing. It's a thing I never explored deeply, so I have no content to explain.

Quoting your name to avoid unnecessary big quotes. Good to know I'm not the only one suffering a little with the errors.  Cool  That's not Snake, it's just jiggly. And yeah, it's a graphic attached to throwN. I could have the bullet bill appear if you weren't facing the opponent, but I didn't want to make it too cheap and that would give me more work and I was lazy too.

I quite liked the intro. It was weird because I made picked up the first music I found and used it without listening to it, basically. Don't recommed that.  Tongue

Snake's one was the most commented. For some reason, it really grabs the attention of people. Good or bad attention, but whatever. I think not seeing a yoshi smiling is unusual.
    Thanks for the compliments.  Smiley

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: