Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142781 times)
highonphazon
Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #255 on: July 24, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »

I'm curious to see what you can conjure for Chris Redfield. You're past stuff has been really cool so I'm sure this will turn out interesting!

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #256 on: July 27, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »

@PseudoTypical
    That's nice to read Smiley I'll talk to you by pms when I start doing this, then. But I'm a total noob when it comes to those changes, so I'll rely 100% on your judgement. There is also another thing which I realized not long ago: most of the times, I've recklessly used any variable that seemed to work, and I'm not sure what works on vBrawl will work on project m. If it doesn't, I'm afraid there is not much I can do, since it would be a hell of a work to correct all the variables used.

@HypnotizeOverdrive: Yeah, I suppose it is. I'm glad you liked the other ones. It's always cool to make each PSA unique with creative (or crazy, if you wish) ideas  Cool

@Calypso: Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't say I, myself, expected that either. But that's just how life works, with imprevisibility. Thanks for you offer, when the time comes, I'll like to have all that stuff which I don't really have the patience/skills to do. He will be over Snake due to his articles, most likely to be used with BrawlEx, although I'm not yet sure about what I'm going to do with his sounds. I won't replace Snake's sounds, so I'll most likely use the sound bank of one of the characters I don't use. I realize that this is not exactly a nice approach, but, since we can't add sound banks, there is not much I can do. Also, yeah, I've played the games he appeared in. It's a nice box of resources. I'm glad you think the model is good looking, since it is actually much worse than it is in RE5 due to the lack of bump maps and proper specular maps (although some objects do have specular maps).

@Draco: not really, most of the moves are based on his appearances in RE5 and RE6.

@highonphazon: Glad to know you enjoyed it. Hopefully this time the same will happen  Cool

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #257 on: September 12, 2015, 05:07:28 PM »

So, here is a bit of progress on Chris. Lately, I've been gathering some alts for him. I realize progress is already way too slow, but once I finished those imports, I realized BB, 3DS or Maya (or maybe all of them?) somehow screwed the normals of most of my models. That surely slowed me quite a bit.
    Don't mind the shadows you see there. They are crushed shadows of Luigi and don't really matter now.
    Here is one of them, Chris Casual:

Chris Casual

I've also put screens of two more alts, and they are in the first page, in the last section, dedicated to Chris. There are more alts to come, and when they do, I'll mention it here. The full collection of screenshots will be always at the first page.

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #258 on: September 12, 2015, 11:24:03 PM »

Chris looks like he got stuck in a painting. Laugh

The alts looks so cool though nice work on them.

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #259 on: September 13, 2015, 06:17:27 AM »

Oh wow that model looks soooo good in the game O_O  I am really glad to see you post about your work again, was worried you had stopped.  Like always, let me know if you want me to test out anything. Since I tend to get whatever bugs can happen, why not, right? Tongue

I just finished watching youtube clips of all his melee attacks and wow, he has such good brawl potential! So much to choose from. He seems to be extremely well versed in counter maneuvers, so maybe that is something to possibly incorporate into his play style in brawl?  Like down-B is one counter, down-a could be another type, having varying strength and options for combo potential, or not. Maybe give him a charge grab like ganon, or bowser to give an even better feel of his many grapple-attacks?

A fitting final smash for him would be to give him his FLAMETHROWER and make it deplete it's ammo as you use it, so that after limited, high damage use, he puts it away and goes back to normal fighting.

This is what the resident evil wiki says about it:  "Flamethrower

This is a weapon that only Chris can use. It starts out with 100% and each second of use is worth 1%. It can only be used in the area you find it in and is a good thing to use on the Black Tiger. It can also be used to take out the door with the spider webs if it has enough fuel in it."

So only he can use it, pretty unique for him then Cheesy

You Never Know!

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #260 on: September 13, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »

Its weird that it says that because Jill and Sheva are also able to use the flamethrower. Jill uses it in RE1 in the underground area and Sheva can use it if the 2nd player picks it up, single player Chris orders her to grab it, or you replay the game as Sheva after completing it.

The rocket launcher is more of the RE iconic weapon and it fits Chris and Leon best in my opinion. Also the magnum is too, but it fits Jill better. There's also the orbital laser that you use to kill the giant black B.O.W in RE5. Oh the gatling gun, that could work really well!

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #261 on: September 14, 2015, 03:27:01 PM »

@Calypso: Yeah, my bad on that. I realize it's funny to put a screen showing a model with something over the model. I took various screenshots, and, at first, I was going to use another one, but it turned out it I didn't quite like it, so this was the one that remained. I'm glad you appreciate how it looks, considering how I had to reduce its quality to fit in a Brawl model Tongue Not even counting the lack of bump maps, of course.

@Zutox: Nah, I didn't. Just the progress that has been sluggish. Sure, once it comes to testing, I'd like you to test it Smiley Thanks for the offer. I agree, he has a lot of different moves, and they are a nice source of inspiration. I'll probably do something counter-like, but I won't guarantee any fancy grabs though. Messing with grabs is always a pain Tongue. I also like the idea of the Flamethrower, I'll definitely think about it. Although what Calypso says is true, I still find this quite fitting.

@Calypso again: Yeah, there are a lot of weapons to be used. A limiting factor, however (and unfortunately) is the free space in the files. The rocket launcher is already something that I had planned on using, so this one is guaranteed. I also plan to use the magnum as well. Well, that is considering I'll have enough free space for all that. The orbital laser is a nice idea too, I didn't think about that, nor the gatling gun, actually. We will see what can be done in due time.

Anyway, the plan is to use quite a bunch of different weapons and to create a different style of gameplay, more or less resembling the third person gameplay in the first three games in terms of weapons. Obviously, this doesn't mean the Brawl elements won't be present, just that it will be a little different. Well, those are only ideas for now, who knows what kinds of problems I'll find when trying to do that.

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #262 on: September 14, 2015, 09:44:30 PM »

That sounds really cool and different is good, it'll make the PSA that much more unique.
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:02:54 PM by Calypso » Logged

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #263 on: September 14, 2015, 10:16:51 PM »

*Crosses fingers for your next project to be Wesker* c:

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #264 on: September 15, 2015, 08:24:29 AM »

Rocket launcher is something that would likely have very good ko power, at least that is what my initial thought about said weapon is.  Flamethrower seemed a bit more unique also since I don't think that has even been made in brawl on any psa.

Different is good indeed! That file-size limit is so annoying! And I guess you can't use too much on one model either otherwise it's gonna lag horribly, right?
    It's gonna be really interesting to see how this project turns out Cheesy

You Never Know!

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #265 on: October 20, 2015, 06:16:27 PM »

So, there are some new models to show here.

Here is one of them:
    Chris R.P.D.

There are more in the first page, so go there if you want to see them. There are more models to come, in time.

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #266 on: October 23, 2015, 11:25:13 AM »

I like the new alts for Chris.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #267 on: November 02, 2015, 08:34:57 PM »

From which game is Chris' model taken?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

RCTCoolchu
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #268 on: December 22, 2015, 11:42:51 PM »

I have the Baphomet mod and I've got to say i love the mod however i was wondering is the alt. attacks random or is their a specific way to activate them?

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #269 on: December 23, 2015, 01:33:44 AM »

It's random, every time you use attack there's about a 1/20 chance that one of the other attacks will happen. If you want to make the alt attacks happen more often you'd have to edit the PSA.

The alts are OP so it wouldn't be balanced if they happened more often though.

Pages:  1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
    Print
    Jump to: