Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142788 times)
Mortimer
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #270 on: April 24, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »

Hey, guys. I didn't notice I was already a half year without posting here.

More or less news, I finished Chris 'psa almost 3 months ago, but didn't have time to test it properly since then. The psa is one of the most complicated works I have done so far, and needs far more testing. That means it will still take time to get it officially done. The preview still also need to be worked on, and that takes some good time to be done as well.

Some things that should be noted, though...
    -The alts I've presented here are most all different models with different skeletons. Every time I had to fix something, 3DS screws up the 30 materials it has, and I've corrected every model like 10 times or more each, only to notice afterwards I forgot lowering the poly count of them... and I won't fix it because I'm done with it.
    Using more than 1 Chris is not recommended, not only because of the lag, but you will cause a mess with his weapons you will understand after I show the preview video.
    -Chris was made for BrawlEx and uses Kirby 'soundbank. I did this because I wanted to have him and Snake together, which ironically, didn't work so well after I found out some things go really unusual when Snake is in the fight with him.
    -Chris makes some funny position with one of his legs when grabbed, and I can't fix without going to 3ds, so... I can't fix it.

I think that's it. Not much for 6 months, but doesn't mean I did nothing in this meanwhile. If I remember anything, I'll post here later/someday.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #271 on: April 24, 2016, 10:08:02 PM »

I actually can't wait to test it out, will there be a compatible version for brawlex? I mean, with decloned gfx so it won't glitch/crash

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #272 on: April 25, 2016, 03:27:35 PM »

Omg this thread is still alive! yay! So happy to see that you are still working on brawl stuff Cheesy

You Never Know!

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #273 on: April 25, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »

I actually can't wait to test it out, will there be a compatible version for brawlex? I mean, with decloned gfx so it won't glitch/crash
    I could do it if I knew what that means.  Cool Maybe I did and I don't know I did. Sorry, I'm noob when using brawlex. What would be decloned graphics?

Omg this thread is still alive! yay! So happy to see that you are still working on brawl stuff Cheesy
    Hey, glad to see you are still around.  Smiley
    More or less alive. The alts took me a lot of time to make. They often had different skeletons and bone numbers between themselves. I think I've been working on them since half of 2014 or close to that at least. It's the price you pay when you don't know what you're doing.  Tongue
    I stopped posting them because I felt it was getting boring, so it seemed I was dead.

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #274 on: April 28, 2016, 08:18:45 PM »

I'm happy to hear you finished Chris' PSA. What weapons were you able to give him before the filesize said no more, enough, I quit. Wink

I'm sure I'm going to love this PSA.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #275 on: April 29, 2016, 02:08:49 PM »

You will see that eventually.  Evil
    I really don't want to talk about anything because I still not 100% certain if something will have to be changed or removed, due to any problem that may happen. I can say he currently has 5 weapons.

thedrive420
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #276 on: July 30, 2016, 05:49:09 PM »

Hello mortimer,

i'm new to modding and i find your work really outstanding.
    i've looked at both preview videos of dry bones and koopa troopa
    and decided to get them. so i manage to put them on project m 3.6,
    but i came across 2 problem :

1. whenever i play dry bones i still hear lucario's voice even if i did put the .sawnd file in the sfx folder.
        (same goes to the koopa troopa, i put the 29.sawnd file in the sfx folder and still hear jigglypuff's voice)

2. i think you may already know but whenever i do the down smash, the koopa's eyes turn completely black

is there solution to these problems?

to be honest i can live with the black eye but i cant get pass the voice

can you help?

Post Merge: July 30, 2016, 05:52:21 PM
    Hello mortimer,

i'm new to modding and i find your work really outstanding.
    i've looked at both preview videos of dry bones and koopa troopa
    and decided to get them. so i manage to put them on project m 3.6,
    but i came across 2 problem :

1. whenever i play dry bones i still hear lucario's voice even if i did put the .sawnd file in the sfx folder.
        (same goes to the koopa troopa, i put the 29.sawnd file in the sfx folder and still hear jigglypuff's voice)

2. i think you may already know but whenever i do the down smash, the koopa's eyes turn completely black

is there solution to these problems?

to be honest i can live with the black eye but i cant get pass the voice

can you help?
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:52:21 PM by thedrive420 » Logged

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #277 on: August 01, 2016, 01:49:48 PM »

Hi there

Let me say, I already got a message once of a person saying dry bones crashed the game in project M. If it's working for you, that's already a bonus.

I know nothing about project M. If those bugs happen on vBrawl for you, I can take a look, but if the problem is in p:m only, there's nothing I can do about.

Chimæra
    Mega Kitten

That doesn't sound good.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #278 on: August 13, 2016, 11:19:08 PM »

Glad to see you are posting. Anything new?

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #279 on: August 14, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »

Yeah, kind of. Guess I should have mentioned this already.

I balanced Chris a little.
    Found a bug with an article that I hope it's fixed now, but that's a tricky one, only time will tell if it's fixed or not. I tested most of the different alts, so far they don't cause any problem.
    I finished two small videos which I don't know now if I'll use them for intro/ending or not.
    The weapons I added for him before shall remain, they also didn't cause any major issue. But I won't be adding any other either.
    I've lost some time also messing with dry bones and koopa, making some updates I've planned since long ago.
    I also have been making a side project since early 2015 concerning a yoshi with YI 2 elements, which I'm getting finished so I dedicated a little more of time to it lately.
    I'm also considering the possibility of making a beta version of Chris. If that happens, I'll remove some of his stuff to help me locate any possible problems people find.
    And, for the future, I thought about Wesker and Ada from RE for my next work and Lara Croft. While thinking about this, I noticed Ada and Lara actually have some large similarities in physical skills and some in personality. I think Wesker would rely more in hand-to-hand, Lara more in guns and Ada would be a mix of the two. Just to be clear, I'm not deciding between them. I've been thinking in characters for over a year and today, right now, those are the ones I feel I can give a good development.

Now, you just read my brain. Those are just thoughts, not promises.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #280 on: September 13, 2016, 11:27:52 PM »

Just a small warning of a mistake I didn't notice.
    Despite the fact thedrive420 disappeared after his question, the psa was muted because he used the wrong id, which should have been 38. I also got reports of my sawnd file crashing the game. Since I can't reproduce this bug, I'll create dry bones' file again, using sawndz and super sawndz, and upload it tomorrow in the vault.
    If it crashes again, someone please report it.

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #281 on: September 18, 2016, 05:01:36 PM »

How's Chris?

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #282 on: September 19, 2016, 11:55:34 AM »

Finished around january. I found two bugs that would have made me reupload it twice. One I fixed, and the other I hope I fixed. But that's all.

NoWon1196
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #283 on: September 23, 2016, 05:53:58 AM »

Good to know

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #284 on: September 23, 2016, 09:58:53 AM »

Do you have a set release date or do you have more things to add to it? I'm still lurking around here Tongue

You Never Know!

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
    Print
    Jump to: