Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Reaver Ind. [Model Imports & Exports Emporium]Dragon Quest and Princess Crown  (Read 58856 times)
Reaver Ind.
Lol Kitten

*BURP!* Don't ask me why my restaurant aint workn

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Ninja Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »

Thanks KTH Smiley, It wasn't easy and its still not even with the skin wrap method.  Once I finish off these characters, I'll probably step away from Sonic for a while and get Morshu and Joe Musashi worked on so that I can get more human rigging practice in and properly rig hands.  Once after that, I'll hopefully get my hands on Starman from Earthbound for Samus. Smiley

While on topic....

For the most part, Super Sonic is complete, You can choose from having a regular character replacement or to have it as a transformation.  The classic style has the regular eyes and the other file will have the modern eyes as always, only that I didn't go with the the green eyes but instead the red.  I'll include the green eyes  .png file with the download, but I'm going to keep it red.

Only one of these picuters will be used on the first post...

Tails is getting some progress done and he will hopefully be compatible with the MetaKnight Tails PSA and a standard Sonic replacement is to be planned.

Metal Sonic will be placed over wolf, but there is a black triangle on his head and that will need to be fixed.  The reason for that is that he didn't come with his own texture, I had to use Rocket Metal Sonic's texture to get most of everything I needed, everything else would need some sort of overhaul.

EDIT: Well Tails ended up failing to be placed over MetaKnight, its a shame, so I might end up porting Tails over a different character since Meta won't work.  Progress came a crashing halt, I need some ideas

ToonLink
    Ness
    Pit
    Mario
    Luigi
    Falco
    Link

I'm going to hate to lose out on the moveset, but I have no idea how to get him working over the MetaKnight PSA, so I'll need to import him over someone else.
    « Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:26:40 AM by Reaver Ind. » Logged

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 12:50:28 PM »

Well Tails over MetaKnight will have to wait unless I decided to make a standard Sonic import or place him over Ness.

Super Sonic and Amy will be uploaded next once I get screenshots of Amy from in game, until then I'll give you this for now:

I had to make a custom Piko Piko Hammer for her since her weapon wasn't ripped nor did I find anything similar to her classic hammer, so like Fang, I had to do some extra stuff for her.  I hope you'll like it. Smiley

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 02:47:44 AM »

Well like most of the STF models, their Uv's are just terrible and worst of all, Metal Sonic didn't come with his own textures but using Rocket Metal Sonic's textures.  This wouldn't really be a problem since they actually share alot of the same textures and it'll look great when applied, but then the problem hits with textures loading  onto different areas of the body.

To bypass some of the errors, I deleted some things, reapplied textures and then imported as a single object back in.  But I can't do that with the head.  There is this one spot that remains black and this is also connected to the black space between the eyes.  And its all in that one little red dot in the UV section on the Right.

Its definitely noticeable, and its annoying as hell, but I don't know how to get pass this problem of Metal's head.  I'll move on to either Charmy or Rocket but regular Metal will have to join Tails. Sad

small edit: I forgot about Knuckles, so I added him at the top of the WIP section.

*IMPORTANT*

This has been bothering me for the longest now, but for awhile now I've been only crediting to several people that I had received advice from or had followed a tutorial from and or borrowed 1 or more pieces from another member's hack.

I feel that these people deserve to be collabed and they probably should have been in the beginning.  The only one I can't add in would be Bagjac, but for everyone else I will add Spex130, Iwvi, and joke king as collaborated partners of my model imports.
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:24:19 AM by Reaver Ind. » Logged

Jaklub
    Supreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Featured Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:24 AM »

If you decide to take it up again, Tails over Meta Knight is using an old-method bone-added Green Hill Zone Tails model, since it was created in ancient times when model importing was not a BrawlBox feature. A piece of information just in case.

Good luck with all your importing ventures.
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:24:48 AM by Jaklub » Logged

As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 08:29:28 AM »

Alrighty then, I start working on getting a better Tail over MK then.  And my first stop is to ask the members that were involved with the Knuckles over Jigglypuff hack.  Finished importing Knuckles over that hack and tested, it worked like a charm, so I'm definitely going to try and get Tails working with the newer method.  Thanks Jaklub for the info I needed to know. AWESOME 2.0!

Pic before release:
    Charmy will be next then I'll have to juggle between Metal Sonic or Rocket Metal Sonic.  I wants my regular Metals, but he has that black triangle that I can't fix on him.  I'm not to fond of Rokettometarusonikku, but he's the only one that has the right colours and no black triangle on the back of his head. Im srs here

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »

Alrighty then, I start working on getting a better Tail over MK then.  And my first stop is to ask the members that were involved with the Knuckles over Jigglypuff hack.  Finished importing Knuckles over that hack and tested, it worked like a charm, so I'm definitely going to try and get Tails working with the newer method.  Thanks Jaklub for the info I needed to know. AWESOME 2.0!

Pic before release:
    Charmy will be next then I'll have to juggle between Metal Sonic or Rocket Metal Sonic.  I wants my regular Metals, but he has that black triangle that I can't fix on him.  I'm not to fond of Rokettometarusonikku, but he's the only one that has the right colours and no black triangle on the back of his head. Im srs here

Hey, can I accquire/steal/somehow help/etc. with Rocket Metal?

I completely understand if it's not possible, but no harm in trying.

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 05:41:44 PM »

Thanks, For the help.  I'm pretty much stationary on Metal Sonic because of his warped UV map, and now that I think about it he wasn't the only one who had warped textures.  He would be the only one that I couldn't make a work-around for though....

I'll take whatever help I can get to fixing Metal Sonic and that stupid black triangle.

Post Merge: August 11, 2013, 01:58:26 AM

I must have over looked this the first time I looked at him.  Then I decided to go back and inspect him thoroughly, and I find this piece of [censored] again on his head.  whatever is with the UVs, its [censored]ing everything up and really don't want to put these two on the back burner.  I'd rather have Eggman or his Bot on the back burner before these two.

Any way, progress has started on Charmy and he will be placed over Ness.  I have no Idea who the EggBot or Eggman and his mech will be over,  Maybe R.O.B, Ganon, Bowser, Snake, or a Boss character.  I'm not really sure about them, but the metals will be over Wolf when ever I get back to them, and I'm still working on Tails over MK.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:58:26 AM by Reaver Ind. » Logged

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 02:22:37 PM »

I mentioned this to another user about "Honey", the pack of Sonic The Fighters models didn't include Honey The Cat.  I can only assume that the model rips were from the Gamecube Sonic Gems Collection version of Sonic the Fighters, which completely removed any of the unused characters that were on the Arcade version.

If they tried to use the same cheating method of playing Honey, they would get a headless Sonic and then freezing.

I don't know how to rip models from the original Arcade ROM, or the game data of the HD version for the PS3 and XBOX 360, so the only thing would be if the model were to be  recreated in that style, or to use other renditions of Honey the cat.

But I do have an idea about solving the triangle issue though.....

Charmy Pic before release:

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »

I mentioned this to another user about "Honey", the pack of Sonic The Fighters models didn't include Honey The Cat.  I can only assume that the model rips were from the Gamecube Sonic Gems Collection version of Sonic the Fighters, which completely removed any of the unused characters that were on the Arcade version.

If they tried to use the same cheating method of playing Honey, they would get a headless Sonic and then freezing.

I don't know how to rip models from the original Arcade ROM, or the game data of the HD version for the PS3 and XBOX 360, so the only thing would be if the model were to be  recreated in that style, or to use other renditions of Honey the cat.

But I do have an idea about solving the triangle issue though.....

Charmy Pic before release:

I can do it. It's easy to rip from Dreamcast. It's hard to rip MODELS from Dreamcast.

See, I think Bagjac ripped from the GC version and then UV'd this himself. See, ripping from the GC gives you a full model and no textures. Ripping from Dreamcast gives you a flattened polygon wall based on the view you based the rip on (along with the textures).

It's possible to get Honey out. It's just that nobody wants to, lol.

Also, I fixed RM's black triangle. It was a simple UV error. Should be the same on normal Metal. You know how to fix that?

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 10:47:51 PM »

Sounds almost like ripping stuff from PS2 games and the way they come out.  Well that's good news for Honey in a way (wish there was an easier method though).  I looked into RM's UVs and played around the area of the black triangle, and I see that it was more simple than I made it out to be.

However, as for Metal I still don't know how to fix it.  I've looked into his UVs and the spot where the black triangle is present is also the black parts between the eyes.  For some reason, they seem to be both connected.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 11:09:36 PM »

Sounds almost like ripping stuff from PS2 games and the way they come out.  Well that's good news for Honey in a way (wish there was an easier method though).  I looked into RM's UVs and played around the area of the black triangle, and I see that it was more simple than I made it out to be.

However, as for Metal I still don't know how to fix it.  I've looked into his UVs and the spot where the black triangle is present is also the black parts between the eyes.  For some reason, they seem to be both connected.

It's probably the fact that this model is strictly modeled based on what color each polygon should be. Just move the out-of-place tri's into the correct color section. Or it could be Normals. It might be. I'll probably check that out.

In any case, I cleaned up RM's T-Pose. It was all manners of non-symmetrical and fragmented. Who was this going over again? And did you want to handle rigging? I can set up an easy T-Pose based on the character. Maybe even a few Bone-Mods for correct sizing if ya want.

Speaking of mods, 'bout to send that template.

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 01:00:52 AM »

I'll check that out too.  The Metal Sonic's all going over Wolf with the other Metal Sonic Hacks and to go with my SFX mod cause I want less work for myself in that area.  I actually did something to Metal Sonic's face and head problems but this only if I exulted all options of fixing that one dot in the UV map that held the eye piece and the black triangle.

It's hardly professional and quite down right lazy.

I took what was causing me the most problems and fussed it with the eyes, and then I re-imported the new eyes and made a new texture that will change the triangle blue and just moved the problem area back into the head.

In short, it caused me so much problems that I decided to just brush it under the carpet....

By the time I did this reply, I had already went to fix the normals, I can't get rid of it.  Well I know for a fact that I lack sufficient knowledge in UV Maps, I'll hold onto my cheap M.Sonic until the solution becomes clear enough that my knowledge on this matter becomes broader. Im srs here

Edit: and thanks for the Fix'n of the RMS.  I was only one arm done until I thought of attempting Metal again.  I think it was the left arm? 
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:03:04 AM by Reaver Ind. » Logged

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 01:31:28 AM »

I also checked normal Metal. It's the same problem as RM. Though, instead of just posting the fix I did, I'll just post a mini-tut so you can learn. It's super simple, more than you'd think actually.

Sorry about kinda hogging your thread. I get extra hyper when I'm really interested. STF is one of my favorite games, after all.

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 04:01:38 AM »

Hey main, the post like that is what I like, full of progress and communication.  It all for the sake of getting Metal Sonic and Rocket Metal Sonic fixed, I feel bad for brushing errors under the carpet though.

Well I definitely need to brush up on UV mapping, I'll be doing that and learn from your mini tut as well.

Reaver Ind.
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 11:11:17 AM »

That is strange, I'm sure like what most of it is, its a UV problem and which will probably be fixed when all of it is finished.

Oh and Charmy the Bee is released.  Thanks for the general idea of giving Charmy a Ring for a weapon SplitPersonalities, you have been credited. Smiley

Edit: And does anybody know where I can get my hands on a Metal Knuckles model from Sonic R?
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:12:28 AM by Reaver Ind. » Logged

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: