Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 49
Author Topic: Project Mirage [The Project M-inspired recolor thread] (UPDATED: 27/02/2014)  (Read 230601 times)
Nezha B. Rose
Guardian of Pokemon Mods
Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #225 on: August 24, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »

One cool thing that might come good as well is to make a Mirage Final Destination

I see what you did there ...

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #226 on: August 24, 2013, 10:15:26 PM »

I see what you did there ...

You have now made my favorite comment! Kuddos to you XD

Generically Epic
    Hyper Kitten

Playing Project M is my passion in life.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #227 on: August 24, 2013, 11:17:38 PM »

I don't know. If AndIQuote is willing to do the work then I'll agree to it.
    A lot of it is just copy and pasting. My friend did it on a few textures out there. Like we took white vibrant kongs texture and put super kongs tie on it.

Generically Epic: A lucky moment that could happen to anyone.  For example: Making a hole in one, landing an Falcon Pawnch, finding 20 bucks, etc.

AndIQuote
    Mega Kitten

Forever a Game Boy (Color)

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #228 on: August 25, 2013, 04:43:54 AM »

@Generally Epic, if RedGamer agrees, I give you full permission to do this fusion yourself since spare time is not something I have a lot of right now. Just collab me and we have a deal Smiley

Generically Epic
    Hyper Kitten

Playing Project M is my passion in life.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #229 on: August 25, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »

@Generally Epic, if RedGamer agrees, I give you full permission to do this fusion yourself since spare time is not something I have a lot of right now. Just collab me and we have a deal Smiley
    thank you. I'm going to see if one of my besties will do it for me.

Generically Epic: A lucky moment that could happen to anyone.  For example: Making a hole in one, landing an Falcon Pawnch, finding 20 bucks, etc.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #230 on: August 25, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »

The Mirage Destination is almost complete, only the base area is left for some project m texturing.

So technically, I'll make two versions again, Light and Dark. And just in case, I used one of Mew2k's Melee final destinations as base. (I really like calm and relaxed backgrounds)

Edit: It seems I cannot change the base of the base of the stage (nope there is no typo there), since the colors will always be a shade of grey, the color black causes the animations to look weird and the designs to look textureless. What I haven't tried however is to change the texture pattern, perhaps a grid pattern is in order. I'll have the two stages ready by tonight... I think.
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:29:55 PM by ZeroGG » Logged

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »

Donkey Kong has now been released

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33959&Moderated=All

The Mirage Destination is almost complete, only the base area is left for some project m texturing.

So technically, I'll make two versions again, Light and Dark. And just in case, I used one of Mew2k's Melee final destinations as base. (I really like calm and relaxed backgrounds)

Edit: It seems I cannot change the base of the base of the stage (nope there is no typo there), since the colors will always be a shade of grey, the color black causes the animations to look weird and the designs to look textureless. What I haven't tried however is to change the texture pattern, perhaps a grid pattern is in order. I'll have the two stages ready by tonight... I think.

Hmm, Looking good so far. I love the grid idea you came up with.

Ryn-Chan
    Expert Kitten

Expanding my art skills as the years go on.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #232 on: August 25, 2013, 04:10:46 PM »

I went through alot of trial and error for Mirage Squirtle since this is the first time I've ever textured his model, but it's been going better than I thought it would. Before I upload it I'd like yalls opinion and or suggestions though. So here is Mirage Squirtel:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:12:30 PM by SOTCrulz » Logged

bloop
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #233 on: August 25, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »

I went through alot of trial and error for Mirage Squirtle since this is the first time I've ever textured his model, but it's been going better than I thought it would. Before I upload it I'd like yalls opinion and or suggestions though. So here is Mirage Squirtel:

doesnt really fit the theme.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #234 on: August 25, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »

Even if haven't created any character myself to know how this works y saw many examples of what mirage is... (I realized that is not pink, its purple). What I recommend is that you may wanna try darken that white color a lot, try some dark violet or blue violet mix, making the eyes yellow or blue to balance it out, as we know turtles compositions, paint the lower shell somewhat blue so it can rhyme with Squirtle dark violet skin and if its possible, use a project m design found in the OP for its shell (how about the grid texture found in the strap menu?).

Another thing you can do is to use the mirage Bowser palette to get an idea of what mirage recolor is, it may work for Squirtle since, well, turtles.

See how white is used mainly for details but not for the full body?

I like the idea so far, its pretty fresh. Good luck!
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:31:47 PM by ZeroGG » Logged

Ryn-Chan
    Expert Kitten

Expanding my art skills as the years go on.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #235 on: August 25, 2013, 05:46:12 PM »

Even if haven't created any character myself to know how this works y saw many examples of what mirage is... (I realized that is not pink, its purple). What I recommend is that you may wanna try darken that white color a lot, try some dark violet or blue violet mix, making the eyes yellow or blue to balance it out, as we know turtles compositions, paint the lower shell somewhat blue so it can rhyme with Squirtle dark violet skin and if its possible, use a project m design found in the OP for its shell (how about the grid texture found in the strap menu?).

Another thing you can do is to use the mirage Bowser palette to get an idea of what mirage recolor is, it may work for Squirtle since, well, turtles.

See how white is used mainly for details but not for the full body?

I like the idea so far, its pretty fresh. Good luck!
    Yes, I was thinking I should definately darken it and this isn't official it's just what I've done so far. I tried to go for violet, but I guess it turned out more pinkish. I'll work on it. I'll figure out how to incorprate the Project M logo onto it as well. I'm still kinda new to this, but I'll try my best guys.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »

My reaction to the Squirtle

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #237 on: August 25, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »

Mirage destination 1 is finished!
    Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33968

The alt will be darker violet!

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #238 on: August 25, 2013, 10:27:14 PM »

Been lurking this thread for a while ever since Mars/Minty/Maritime was finished, and I appreciate you guys for picking up where we left off and continuing what me, Shun, Devicer, Apples, and others started... but as a fellow texture hacker, a lot of the stuff here is very hit/miss for me. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I think colors and color placements should be chosen a bit more carefully, especially on certain characters like Bowser, the Pokemon, and Sonic, who have very few options. I like the directions that the people who made Snake, Pit, and Zelda took. The colors and placements they chose were very spot on. Those 3 look really nice and almost natural, as if they belong in the actual game. Others, well... not so much.

Again, just offering some constructive criticism to help you guys. I love me some good recolors, and were it not for me being so busy with my job, I'd definitely lend you guys a helping hand.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2013, 11:01:14 PM »

I see, your comment is much appreciated and I'll be weary of that from now on. I was always a bit ffy on my DK and Bowser. I plan to revamp Bowser and Ness. I can see what you mean. Faithful and official.

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 49
    Print
    Jump to: