Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Project P. Amaterasu  (Read 14140 times)
Keromonkey
Hyper Kitten

Working on Indie Game: Q'Redux (on Steam)

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: August 06, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

If you are feeling generous and would like to contribute, make a personal PSA request, donate, or just show your appreciation for my efforts I'd be very appreciative! Donate Link is below (^_^).

Pre-word
    By Request, I am working on a new PSA called Princess Amaterasu over Peach. I am just starting as of 8/6/13 @ 433pm so there isn't much here yet, but stay tuned for updates. As things currently stand, this is a 'what-if' Amaterasu was in human form rather than the wolf form she was in during the Okami video game. I would love to see her Wolf version but I'd need a dedicated modeler/animator in order to make that goal come to reality. If anyone wants to help with either this project or discuss bringing Amaterasu's wolf form to life, feel free to PM me.

Project Princess Amaterasu (Peach)  
    V[17C - Final]
    Updated [8/25/2013 @ 420am]

Old Amaterasu (v5)
    New Amaterasu (v6 - SOTCrulz re-texture of Kyouma import)

Special Thanks
    SOTCrulz for requesting the moveset and providing both the old and the new Amaterasu costumes
    RedFlash/NewFlash for assisting with the Side A tilt & Neutral A Air and Up B
    Kyouma for allowing SOTCrulz to edit a new texture
    Mortimer for teaching me about 'Screen Tint' and thus helping 'Passing Eclipse' achieve its TRUE powers

The Latest version of the PSA can be downloaded here...

Older versions of the PSA can be downloaded here...

SOTCrulz's skins can be downloaded here...

Movelist...
    Neutral A (Ground): Solar Flare
    Amaterasu's finger tip glows with a divine light as she points in front of her, unleashing a wave of flame.
    This flame wave loops as long as A button is pressed. When A is released, it is followed up with an explosion.

Side A Tilt (Ground): Light Edge
    Amaterasu swings her leg to deliver a shocking kick
    leaving being a trail of sparkles in her wake.

Down A Tilt (Ground): Poison Bom Storm - Spirit of Sakuya
    Amaterasu points and a storm of beautiful but deadly poison cherry boms travels forward to slice, shock and sicken anyone in its path.
    If you hold A then Amaterasu will assume a pose of concentration
    and this move will travel a bit further and grow larger
    before dissipating.

Up A Tilt: Dance of Thunder Goddess - Tribute to Gekigami
    Amaterasu raises her hands above her head, flaring with energy and burning anyone who comes into contact with them.
    When her hands are above her head a circle of lightning blasts down around her, surrounding her form in pillars of lightning while she dances.
    When her dance is concluded, she ends things by blowing a kiss to the thunder goddess, in thanks for her electric blessings.

And just then the lightning stops
    Note: This move also hits very high above her

Neutral A (air): Flood
    Amaterasu vibrates with power
    As she throws her hands below her
    And unleashes a powerful flood of water
    This move has the effect of 'downing' the opponent.
    Note: This move and Glacial Destroyer can only be used once (collectively) while in air, until you touch the ground. OR, you can use either move twice until you touch the ground. If used again then she will fall helpless.

Forward A (air): Phoenix-Leaf Pinion
    Amaterasu summons a spinning Phoenix leaf off of her shoulder
    and hurls it forward where it grows in size until it is large enough to cut a man in half.
    The leaf rotates as it grows
    Slicing through and burning whatever is in its way
    Before returning
    Back to her shoulder, where it disappears and reappears back at regular size.

Backward A (air): Thunder Goddess Kick - Gekigami's Channeling
    Amaterasu turns to kick behind her and, in an instant, is struck by 3 lightning bolts which drive her attack.
    While kicking, she sails at a downward angle quickly before stopping fast and continuing her kick  (afterwards, she will kick for as long as A button is held, while sinking to the ground slowly).
    While suspended she kicks repeatedly, floating in midair (If A is released then she will fall helpless).
    If she hits with the kick then she will attempt to strike repeatedly, electrifying and stun-locking her opponent. (Although, DI is enhanced so now opponents should be able to escape by DI-ing past her)
    Like Thunder Goddess Dance, this move hits quite high above her
    but knocks them straight down
    Also, this move has a sweet spot at the beginning of the move ;-)
    ...A bit like Zelda's...

Down A (air): Hydro-Glacial Destroyer - Nuregami's Descent
    Amaterasu shoots a quick but "powerful" blast of water beneath her
    An enemy caught up in the blast is subject to strong downwards force. Though this move deals no damage, if they are caught on the ground when struck by this attack they will be stunned.
    ...Now for the "Destroyer" Part...
    If the A button is held while doing 'Glacial Destroyer', then she will continue her attack...bearing a frozen snow flake in her palm, she offers it up to the heavens and...
    In an instant it bursts as it is struck by a great frozen beam from above
    Ladies & Gentlemen, meet Glacial Destroyer.

Up A (air): Passing Eclipse - Raging Goddess
    Reminiscent of her powers as a sun goddess, Amaterasu summons a shining fireball to her palm
    In an instant, the entire screen is covered in the darkness of her Eclipse
    Bearing her fireball aloft, she raises her palm reaching up towards the sun where she gathers her strength from and in a sudden burst, the ball in her palm flares to life. It becomes a raging star- sucking nearby enemies into its center.
    And in another instant, this move grows darker, absorbing and channeling the eclipse (but lightening the stage). The goddess's fury has arrived.
    When the darkness eats the light, this eclipse shall come to pass...
    (Actual Spoiler...)
    No, literally. When the move darkens, this move becomes mobile ('passing'). She can fly while holding the eclipse portion of the move but- to keep it balanced- she cannot re-use this move until she touches the ground. (Any attempts will result in a helpless state- much like with Flood & Glacial Destroyer- and an era of indefinite eclipse. To reverse this darkness, either use the move again or up taunt while facing right and she will disperse all darkness)

Note: *denotes this move changes after the final smash is used*

Up A Smash: Sunrise*
    Bending low to charge, fire swirls about her damaging enemies within range.
    Summoning the power of the sun, she reaches up and rotates rapidly with an orb of sunlight flaring wildly above her
    Special*
    After using the final smash, the next single use of this move will be stronger, have greater range, deal more damage and look like this

Down A Smash: Solar Burst - Moegami's Embrace*
    Again surrounding by damaging swirling flames, Amaterasu withdraws, gathering strength
    In a great burst, she explodes outwards
    unleashing her stored up sun energy in divine waves that knock enemies away and send sunbeams out in 180 degrees
    Special*
    After using the final smash, the next single use of this move will look like this...
    This move is quite deadly and, if you don't manage to kill them with her underpowered ground final smash this move will usually definitely do the trick. But aim carefully, you only get one shot.
    Note: This move can also be accessed by using Glacial Destroyer after a final smash, a DEADLY combo.

Side Smash: Lunar Palm*
    Charging up, she reels back and holds her palm. There's a slight burst in front of her (indicating which palm she's about to use). When she thrusts he palm forward she unleashes 1 of 3 palm attacks chosen at random- indicating separate phases of the moon. (Yes, I know she's a sun goddess but this represents her mastery of the light cycle more than her mastery of the movements of heavenly bodies)

Waning Palm
    This move deals 6 darkness damage, it has no knockback but it stuns enemies and calls darkness.

Waxing Palm
    This move deals 8 aura damage and has moderate knockback. This move has killing power and also calls darkness.

Full Moon Palm
    This move deals 5 damage, the least damaging of the 3 palms, but blows the enemy straight back. This may cause the most death or the least death. It's too soon to tell whether the full moon is a blessing or a curse to the sun goddess. Additionally, this move calls light (and I don't mean the light that you see in the following image).
    Special*
    No pictures for this one, its insidious. It's simply strikes the entire stage. If the enemy is on the ground, they are stunned. If the enemy is in the air, they are knocked to the ground hard.

Neutral B (ground - press): Leaf Storm (Counter)
    Summoning the powers of nature, she surrounds her self in a small hurricane of green leaves and pink petals
    This foliage serves the function of protecting her.
    The first portion of this move counters attacks with- rather unexpectedly- a burst of flaming darkness
    And the second part of this move reflects projectiles...
    (But its more for balancing purposes and insurance. For quicker reflecting, I would use a well-timed Teleport). This move deals between 9-18 damage with medium knockback.

Neutral B (air - press): Leaf Hurricane (Counter)
    The aerial version of Leaf Hurricane does something similar
    except...
    the counter-attack- though it deals less damage, (around 5-10)- is much broader in range and has greater knockback.

Neutral B (ground - hold): Sun Channeling
    Holding (instead of pressing) the B button on the ground fills Amaterasu with so much joy that she begins dancing and collecting sunlight.
    This move has 4 charge levels depending on when you release it, and you can store the final charge by shielding or jumping after reaching her Level 4 charge.
    L1 -
    She channels the energy into the tip of her finger and fires a thin beam out of the tip. It deals 1-2 damage with no knockback.
    L2 -
    She raises her palm and fires a beam out of her hand. This one deals around 5 damage and has slight knockback.

L3 -
    Putting her whole back into her attack this time, she leans and thrusts her palm forward. This move deals greater knockback and around 14 damage.
    L4 -
    While charging up, it will flash a bright yellow circle at each stage of the charge. The fourth/last flash is a bit tiny (and also more blue than yellow) but watch closely for it because it signifies that the move is now store-able (by shielding or jumping she will hold the charge and the next time the Ground neutral B button is pressed she will unleash it).
    This charge level is slow to unleash thus she has super/heavy armor (20) while she is casting it.
    The attack deals between 15-25 damage and has powerful knockback.
    Watch out!

Up B (ground/air): Leaf-Mist Wrap
    Wrapping herself in a field of blue and green ‘reflective’ leaves
    She disappears into an invisible mist and teleports to another nearby location, Reappearing in a burst of light and swirling leaves
    Note: The beginning of this move reflects projectiles…

Down B (ground): Field of Cherry Dreams
    Only the sun goddess (and Jigglypuff) could fall asleep in the middle of a battle and wake up more refreshed and ready to continue the fight.
    Amaterasu falls asleep amidst a field of cherry petals and sakura boms swirling around her. She stays asleep continuing to heal as long as the B button is held. This field heals her, and any enemy that stumbles into the field will fall asleep and be poisoned.
    Shortly after they wander in, she will wake up.

Side B (air): Divine Lance
    Hovering in the air, with her arms crossed as if she were some omnipotent goddess, she charges while ephemeral blue leaves swirl about her
    Moments after B is released (or frames after if you time this move properly, at the bottom of her hover)
    She will unleash her Divine Lance in all its glory
    Depending on which part of this move hits determines where the enemy goes. The tip of the lance has the greatest killing power.

Side B (Ground): Mystery Spell – Elemental Conjuring

And now for the piece de resistance…
    I literally coded this entire move (and all 13 spells) in less than 24 hours of constant work
    this move has two versions.
    Side B press summons one of 13 different spells randomly.
    Side B hold charges through each spell sequentially.
    The spells are as follows:
    Ice Crystal (ice, freeze)
    Bolts of Eclipse (dark, and sleep)
    Ice Beam (freeze)
    Raging River (no damage, great force)
    Magnet Force (quick, tri-directional, electrically attracts lightning from all directions)
    Plasma Spheres (elec., stun)
    Dual Frost (double freeze spell)
    Magic Palm (damages, buries, or instant kills if struck by aura)
    Solar Orbs (fire, explode)
    Divine Cross (frozen divine cross)
    Grand cross (divine cross of fire & ice)
    Black Hole (high damage, blows enemies around, sucks them in)
    Phoenix Bomb (explosion)
    Note: Please note these charges are not storable

Final Smash (ground): Rising Sun
    Amaterasu stoops low to charge, as if she were performing a regular smash attack, but there’s something different about this one... Time stalls briefly, the camera zooms in to watch a portion of her performance, and then withdraws as she reaches up high and spins rapidly calling the sun, which grows bigger and bigger until it bursts with juicy flaming goodness!

Remember, this move may not kill, but afterwards it has some special effects. (A - the force of this blast knocks down whoever isn’t struck by the main move, or the explosion afterwards. B - 3 special moves are unlocked temporarily)

Final Smash (air): Nova Prominence
    She begins rotating and now, instead of expanding outward, the summoned sun is a mobile vessel. That’s right folks! You can bring the explosion to them!

Remember, this move unlocks the same special attributes.

Miscellaneous Taunts
    Divine Descent (up taunt – facing right)
    This move returns the normal light of day
    Heart of Darkness (down taunt – facing right)
    This move darkens the sky
    Note: Up taunt & down taunt – facing left both alter the sky’s light levels as well, only Divine Descent – facing right (and full moon – lunar palm) return light to its natural order.
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:19:40 AM by Keromonkey » Logged

isaimcbrein
    Advanced Kitten

Friend code: 2710-2190-3673

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 12:04:49 AM »

Awesome Smiley

Friend code: 2710-2190-3673

Keromonkey
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:08:53 AM »

Awesome Smiley

Thanks Isaimcbrein, feel free to leave any thoughts or comments.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »

What did you plan for her? I may help you a bit, except for the B moves... It's not my forte x)

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Ryn-Chan
    Expert Kitten

Expanding my art skills as the years go on.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:59:53 AM »

I have a new texture for Ammy guys, and this one is alot better really. Check it out in my vault!
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:12:54 PM by SOTCrulz » Logged

Keromonkey
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »

@Akeno: If you'd like to help out, PM (private message) me so I can discuss your experience level. I have the movelist idea on my PC which I will post on this forum when I can get around to it.

@SOTCruz: If you give me a link to your costume I will put it in the OP (Original Post), if you'd like. And no problem, I like Amaterasu so I appreciate the suggestion.
    « Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:06:12 AM by Keromonkey » Logged

Sonicbralwer11
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »

Amatarasu deserves better >_< not saying its bad but no one(that i have seen)has made an amatarasu PSA

Keromonkey
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »

Amatarasu deserves better >_< not saying its bad but no one(that i have seen)has made an amatarasu PSA

@ Sonicbrawler11, how do you mean? If you mean the moveset, then it can always be improved. If you mean the skin, since no one has built this 'ultimate Amaterasu' skin then the one available is the next best thing.

However, if you (or anyone) would like to build what you feel is a better Amaterasu-over-peach skin OR request it on the forums from someone else, and they do a great job and send me a link, then I will willingly feature it on this blog as well. ^_^

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »

I agree witht he others...but I think a better Ammy could be made by Frankenstein-ing a few Touhou models together, with Momiji as the base model, and custom Divine Instrument models.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Keromonkey
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 04:44:40 PM »

I agree witht he others...but I think a better Ammy could be made by Frankenstein-ing a few Touhou models together, with Momiji as the base model, and custom Divine Instrument models.

My area of expertise is in PSA more than modeling or building skins or models. If you would like to give it a try, suggest someone who might be willing to assist in the Frankenstein-ing, or work together on this project I would appreciate any help a 'talented texturizer' would be willing to provide lol.

Edit: Perhaps I should also specify that this PSA is kind of a 'what if' Amaterasu was in 'human form' rather than her wolf form. The difficulty of rigging a wolf form for Amaterasu is probably what has stopped other PSA-ers from building her accurately. I have just done a search and found 2 Amaterasu WOLF forms that seem fairly decent but they are either not rigged or are set up with a motion file that isn't tailored toward them. IF you'd like to check them out, one is over Lucario and the other is over Ivysaur.

Lucario - This one only has the front legs rigged
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/o9cq72eidpo76c2/Doggy.rar

Ivysaur - This one doesn't really have anything rigged -_____-
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/nrfjja7jif0n0sl/Amaterasu2.rar

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:35:27 PM by Keromonkey » Logged

jariesuicune
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 09:47:57 PM »

I love this idea! FINALY! I've been hoping for Amaterasu (human form or wolf form) to get a PSA!

Only issue I have is the skin: It looks way more like a red/white Evil Peach, than the lovely Japanese Sun Goddess... (described in-game by Yatsufusa, the blind ghost, as a "beautiful maiden"

I have no practice at building any mods, but I've found several pictures over the years that would make amazingly beautiful skin bases for her, if they would be desired... Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Actual ideas of mine:
    Taunt to change between 3 A-attack weapon movesets (specials stay the same); mimicking their Okami-version attacks
         -Also, instead of different colors, she has different weapon sets, since there are 5 of each type of weapon (her colors would rotate from first color being the starting weapon sets to last being the Sun/Ice/Lighting weapons)
    UTaunt: Sword (Slower attacks, reaches mid-range?, high power/knockback, raised priority)
    STaunt: Reflector (Balanced speed/range/power, high priority)
    DTaunt: Rosari (Fast/mutli-hit, long/mid/short-range, less power)
    I've seen numerous movesets that do have multiple movesets like that, or even have MORE than that by having additional factors, so it could be done... That would be super awesome!!!

Grab: She's magical, so slightly ranged; not as much as a Chain Grab, and not laggy.
    Throws create a random non-explosive, non-food item (Yomigami, Creation/Repair) to hit them (as a strong-boosted thrown item), which then falls to the ground for normal use.

Ground Specials:
    UB: Sunrise (The Sun appears in the background, giving her a 5 second (Gardevoir's field sized?) Light Aura which gradually heals her [more and faster at higher damages, similar to Team Healer; but lowered effect if reapeated and no lower than 50%?] and also does constant damage to enemies in it's area (doing more damage and faster based on how close they are; make them hide from the Sun!). Also has massive re-use lag (say, 20-40 seconds?), so it can't really be spammed)
        -Can move like normal during.
    B: Sun Reflector Counter (If Counter is triggered (connects with an attack), enemy is Grabbed, then Amaterasu carries them into the air then slams then them down.
       -Maybe should also be AirB? Probably not, since we don't want a sacrificial KO move...
    SB: Firestorm
    DB: Blizzard (a cloud of Freeze surrounds Amaterasu, doing low damage and low-freezing any enemy it hits; also Pushes them directly away [based on where they are to Amaterasu]) (specifically on Ground and not Air, so that it's not an easy OHKO)

Air Specials:
    UB: Vine (The ledge grabs her (not her grabs ledge; same effect in the end, just different animation); as long/a bit longer reach than Z-suit, like in-game)
    B: Multi-Slash (Multiple Slashes appear around her (like a sphere), Top Priority (matches/beats Metaknight) mid-high damaging any opponents (constant flinch, little/no knockback), as well as reflecting ALL ranged attacks (detnoates/destroys any that can be, such as Bombs/Barrels/Freeze/Peanuts/etc); lasts 1/2-1 second?)
    SB: Waterflow (Rides a fast-moving current of damaging water a mid/long-range (Chargeable, like Ike?) distance, similar to Squirtle, but mostly sideways)
    DB: Lightning burst (Hovers; an explosion of lightning around Amaterasu; mid-high damage; has high Stun instead of knockback, making for easier escaping)

Final Smash: Kasugami (Time Slow), followed by a series of field-large Lightning strikes (also Stuns), Firestorms, Blizzards (also low-freezes), Windstorms (Upper stage: pushes in, lower stage: pushes up; also damages), and Rainstorms, doing various damage, but no knockback; finishes with Moonrise, showing Susanoo in the background (like Pit) and then a powerful large-area slash doing powerful knockback. Amaterasu is free to move during all of it as well, but can't grab opponents. Kasugami ends last of all (so you can do additional attacks on enemies or just heal with Sunrise. Also, enemies will have extended Dodges as a side-effect of Time Slow, so they can possibly avoid Susanoo's attack as well as avoid other damage during it).

I couldn't think of a way to use Kabegami (Wall Climb) other than just having additional jumps... Actually, would that be good for her? I kind of think she'd be better with just one air jump like normal... (Same as in Okami, at that)

Also, I had a cool (and uber-hard-to-rig) idea: If Amaterasu were over Samus/ZSamus or Zelda/Shiek and could change between human and wolf forms... (Like I said, would be a heck a lot of work, but still cool)

Sorry if that was all more annoying than helpful...
    « Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:01:35 PM by jariesuicune » Logged

Ryn-Chan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 10:11:35 PM »

Ya my skins aren't that good because that was like my first one, but I did come up with all the moves for the PSA, except for a few that Kero has changed, and he's making the PSA. I agree though, that it would be cool to see a really good Amaterasu model or skin for this, even if they aren't mine.

jariesuicune
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 11:43:47 PM »

^_^; Well, if you would like to see them, I could show the images for her that I think would be good. Not sure if anyone would actually be willing to do it though...

Keromonkey
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 02:59:01 AM »

@Jarie: I read through the idea list, thank you for the suggestions. I will bear those  in mind as I continue building the moveset. additionally, sure, id like to see a pic of what you mean concerning a more divine-looking amaterasu in human form.

@SOTCruz: Rather than giving her a firewake for down A, I made it a bom storm, I had trouble with importing the flame graphics and figured a cherry bom storm would make sense in terms of a sun goddess.

Ryn-Chan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »

Ya I really like the Cherry Bom Storm and I didn't even think of using Peach's hearts. ^^ I'm gna try and hack my Wii U today to try this so I can tell you what I think, but btw, could you please keep my pictures of my texture with this PSA on the forum? I know a lot of people don't like it, but I came up with the idea for the whole PSA and moves anyway for my texture... I'm not trying to sound rude but please keep her as the model for the pics on this forum. If I get into making my own hacks again too I know how to texture models so I could make a better one, I used pics on deviantart to base the textures I made off of her and Peach was the easiest and only model I knew how to texture at that time.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: