Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Easy Texture Hacking Tutorial (Using Photoshop CS5)  (Read 1845 times)
Tye2K
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: August 15, 2013, 06:09:48 PM »

Hello, I've seen Texture hacking Tutorials with GIMP, but not Photoshop. So if you don't have GIMP but have Photoshop (Or if you have both but just want to use Photoshop) you came to the right place!

WHAT U NEED:

Photoshop CS5 (or higher)

Step 1: Open BrawlBox

Step 2: Open your .Pac/.Pcs file (In this Tutorial I will be using Kirby)

If done right, BrawlBox should look like this:

Step 3: Now let's get to business! Part 1
    Now what you will want to do is click that "+" symbol next to "TextureData[0]" as shown in the pic below

Now do the same for "Textures(NW4R)"

Now your BrawlBox program should look like this:

Now click on a texture (I will be editing PlyKirby5KEye.1). When you click on a texture, your BrawlBox should now show you a preview as shown in the picture below.

Now right click on it and Select "Export" and save it in a folder where you will remember.

Now open up the exported texture in photoshop.

Now edit your texture as you please. (Please note that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE YOUR TEXTURE EXACTLY LIKE MINE AS THE PIC IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE)

When you are finished, save it in the same format you exported it (ex: if you exported the texture as a .png in BrawlBox, save it as a .png) and go back to BrawlBox.

Step 4: Importing the textures and saving the file.
    In BrawlBox, now left-click on the texture you edited and press Ctrl+R on your keyboard. If done right, this window should show up.

Double-click on it and this window should show up.

Click "Okay". And BrawlBox should now look like this.

You might be thinking "FINALLY! I can test out my hack in Brawl now!"

Well, sorry rustle your jimmies pal, but if you want to do that go ahead, just realize that you're going to start over again. Anyways, before you save, you need to make sure that you didn't mess up, in order to do this, you will need to preview the model.

THIS PART IS IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT YOUR TEXTURE TO LOOK LIKE HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE! SO YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION!

Now in BrawlBox, expand ModelData[0] by double-clicking or clicking the "+" sign next to it.

Now click on "FitKirby00" and it should show the model preview.

If it suits your needs. You can go save by going in File>Save and saving in a folder.

CONGRULATIONS! You have done your first Brawl texture hack.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: