Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 46
Author Topic: Project Mango - Alternate Costumes (Update: 12/26/2016)  (Read 275278 times)
Nezha B. Rose
Guardian of Pokemon Mods
Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #240 on: October 10, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »

Working on Mango DDD, thoughts?

Oh and that... "other" DDD looks swell too!

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #241 on: October 10, 2013, 06:18:43 PM »

try replacing that lime green with light gold on that on thoose out lines.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #242 on: October 10, 2013, 06:42:06 PM »

If he tried that, he could make his skin and eyes lime.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #243 on: October 10, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »

If he tried that, he could make his skin and eyes lime.

I been researching about why do I feel uncomfortable with this textures. King Dededee's skin, beak or eyes are never changed.
    Check these for example:
    Mars

Minty

Maritime

Mistakes I have noticed with comparing with the pros. :
    -> The hammer's wood is are to be unaltered, I will revert it in its natural color.
    -> The borders of the cloak are always white .
    -> The center design of his belly area are representative of what the project is (blue, red, green), so the waldedee's are out, orange is in!

I wanna make this as brawl as possible, what better way to do this other than to follow the example of the experts? I for one feel confident I'll make it better this way.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #244 on: October 10, 2013, 07:40:03 PM »

I been researching about why do I feel uncomfortable with this textures. King Dededee's skin, beak or eyes are never changed.
    Check these for example:
    Mars

Minty

Maritime

Mistakes I have noticed with comparing with the pros. :
    -> The hammer's wood is are to be unaltered, I will revert it in its natural color.
    -> The borders of the cloak are always white .
    -> The center design of his belly area are representative of what the project is (blue, red, green), so the waldedee's are out, orange is in!

I wanna make this as brawl as possible, what better way to do this other than to follow the example of the experts? I for one feel confident I'll make it better this way.

Looks like you're right, although I will note that the saturation of his face seems slightly different in each one, though that may be stage lighting. You can see it if you look between them quickly. There may be a bit of wiggle room there.

Ya know, I was going to ask why his belly wasn't fire decorated on the Mars one to match the Minty and Maritime, then I noticed that the design looks an awful lot like a modified Earthbound/Mother 3 PK Fire graphic. XD Probably coincidence, but still.

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #245 on: October 10, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »

You can still make the boarder of the cloak vanilla bean to better match our project. If its true you say that you can barely see diffrences in skin/beak/eyes then you should use vbrawl's default green color as base if you haven't already since I thought the green one skin is perfect for mango

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #246 on: October 11, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »

Looks like you're right, although I will note that the saturation of his face seems slightly different in each one, though that may be stage lighting. You can see it if you look between them quickly. There may be a bit of wiggle room there.

Ya know, I was going to ask why his belly wasn't fire decorated on the Mars one to match the Minty and Maritime, then I noticed that the design looks an awful lot like a modified Earthbound/Mother 3 PK Fire graphic. XD Probably coincidence, but still.

You can still make the boarder of the cloak vanilla bean to better match our project. If its true you say that you can barely see diffrences in skin/beak/eyes then you should use vbrawl's default green color as base if you haven't already since I thought the green one skin is perfect for mango

You guys are right, I barely noticed the difference because of the stage lightning. Lets see, I will look for the green vBrawl DDD and hope for a different skin, thanks guys Tongue And yes, Mas dedede looks like a human pk fire, witch is cool!

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #247 on: October 11, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »

Anymore suggestions you'll like to add before I upload? I'd like to give the vines an vanilla bean tint/shade but that's about it. I'm mostly trying to make sure this redo is perfect and not half-assed it like was with the original.
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:18:16 PM by tsukikomi » Logged

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #248 on: October 12, 2013, 06:09:02 AM »

Anymore suggestions you'll like to add before I upload? I'd like to give the vines an vanilla bean tint/shade but that's about it. I'm mostly trying to make sure this redo is perfect and not half-assed it like was with the original.

If I could advise you something, that would be for the rocks... I think they need to be more... vibrant... Maybe saturate them a bit. Other than this, it looks great!

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #249 on: October 12, 2013, 02:11:23 PM »

The rocks holding the bridge together in mid-air? Alright I'll see what I can do.

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »

The rocks holding the bridge together in mid-air? Alright I'll see what I can do.
    Yea! Sounds good.

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #251 on: October 12, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »

This is beautiful. I really love the way it looks like it's autumn or something. I think tinting the vines to be vanilla's a good idea, it'll separate them from the rest of the scenery.

Now, I've been trying to do Mango Samus, but I've been having a hard time of it on account of the fact that her default is already pretty much perfectly Mango colored. Orange, red, vanilla and green. I've looked at the Mars, Minty and Maritime ones for inspiration and it helped, but I still feel like she's too similar to her default.

This is where she's at now:

Mars, Minty and Maritime for reference:

I tried making her armor red, which kinda worked, but made it feel too much like Mars for my liking.

I'm still going to keep playing around with her, but any input could be really helpful.

EDIT: I've been experimenting a bit, and I think I've come across a solution. It kind of breaks tradition a bit, but I decided to try coloring individual parts of the orange piece of her suit, and it looks pretty good in my opinion. What do you all think?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:18:30 PM by ShinF » Logged

Kaizaran
    Advanced Kitten

Allons-y!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #252 on: October 12, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »

I think that looks pretty good, however might I suggest taking the Minty route by distributing the main colors? Orange body, green helmet, vanilla lights and gold or red stomach.

RoboticCyborg
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #253 on: October 12, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »

This is beautiful. I really love the way it looks like it's autumn or something. I think tinting the vines to be vanilla's a good idea, it'll separate them from the rest of the scenery.

Now, I've been trying to do Mango Samus, but I've been having a hard time of it on account of the fact that her default is already pretty much perfectly Mango colored. Orange, red, vanilla and green. I've looked at the Mars, Minty and Maritime ones for inspiration and it helped, but I still feel like she's too similar to her default.

This is where she's at now:

Mars, Minty and Maritime for reference:

I tried making her armor red, which kinda worked, but made it feel too much like Mars for my liking.

I'm still going to keep playing around with her, but any input could be really helpful.

EDIT: I've been experimenting a bit, and I think I've come across a solution. It kind of breaks tradition a bit, but I decided to try coloring individual parts of the orange piece of her suit, and it looks pretty good in my opinion. What do you all think?

Wooo this one's tough. Uhhhhhh for the first one try inverting the orange and green (inside part) and change her viser and the green parts to vanilla bean. I think that would work.
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:04:16 PM by CyborgYoshi » Logged

Akeno/Archer
    Special Access

« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »

Looks cool! But I would suggest you to try 2 things :
    - For the 1st one, invert the green and orange color
    - For the 2nd one, Use more gold on the armor, orange and/or red on the "inside parts" and for the helmet... Green or red... with an orange visor...

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 46
    Print
    Jump to: