Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 46
Author Topic: Project Mango - Alternate Costumes (Update: 12/26/2016)  (Read 275934 times)
silver856
Expert Kitten

Waddle Boom! Jump Glide!

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #255 on: October 12, 2013, 09:20:19 PM »

maybe you could try making the helmet green, the inner part yellow, and the out outer armor red-orange(but closer to orange). but I really like that second samus.

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #256 on: October 12, 2013, 09:57:59 PM »

There's nothing wrong with making Samus close to her default colors. Maritime Lucario for example has different colored eyes and a slight hue change to his fur. For Samus, just give slight changes in hue to the orange, gold, and red to make them light orange, light yellow, and pink respectively.

RoboticCyborg
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #257 on: October 12, 2013, 10:23:38 PM »

There's nothing wrong with making Samus close to her default colors. Maritime Lucario for example has different colored eyes and a slight hue change to his fur. For Samus, just give slight changes in hue to the orange, gold, and red to make them light orange, light yellow, and pink respectively.
    You know what your right, because i did slightly change Charizards default color since he was reddish-orange in-game. So overall make Samus a bit more gold which should be a slight hue change without actually coloring it.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #258 on: October 12, 2013, 11:41:28 PM »

Wow! I can't believe I didn't notice all this when I checked earlier.

I've tried all the suggestions. Reversing the green and orange for the first was good in theory and didn't look bad, but was more like a project green apple. Akeno-sempai's second suggestion worked pretty well and so did Silver's. Those are here:

And here's the slight hue-change Samus, which seems the least unique but is probably the best suited for the project. Incidentally, Xenozoa's suggestion about using pink for the helmet hue reminded me that her Varia Suit in Fusion is pink and yellow-green, so I used the colors from it for the helmet and inner body. I also made a version with the parts colored like Samus' default Fusion recolor, which looks pretty good as well, but it wasn't really Mango enough that way.

A lot of them look really good, but I'm thinking the slight recolor one and Silver's suggestion work the best for the Project, so one of them could be the main one and the other an alt.

Is there anything else before I get some snapshots and upload them? Tweaks or changes?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

RoboticCyborg
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #259 on: October 12, 2013, 11:49:35 PM »

Wow! I can't believe I didn't notice all this when I checked earlier.

I've tried all the suggestions. Reversing the green and orange for the first was good in theory and didn't look bad, but was more like a project green apple. Akeno-sempai's second suggestion worked pretty well and so did Silver's. Those are here:

And here's the slight hue-change Samus, which seems the least unique but is probably the best suited for the project. Incidentally, Xenozoa's suggestion about using pink for the helmet hue reminded me that her Varia Suit in Fusion is pink and yellow-green, so I used the colors from it for the helmet and inner body. I also made a version with the parts colored like Samus' default Fusion recolor, which looks pretty good as well, but it wasn't really Mango enough that way.

A lot of them look really good, but I'm thinking the slight recolor one and Silver's suggestion work the best for the Project, so one of them could be the main one and the other an alt.

Is there anything else before I get some snapshots and upload them? Tweaks or changes?
    It's looks perfect even tho my suggestions never work :/ So yeah upload it when you have time.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #260 on: October 13, 2013, 12:00:29 AM »

It's looks perfect even tho my suggestions never work :/ So yeah upload it when you have time.

It'll probably be up some time before I go to bed at ~ 4ish. It's not that your suggestion didn't work - it looked good. I just didn't feel like it was Mango enough. It's too green. It's the same reason I didn't go with with my second version.

EDIT: Mkay, they're uploaded now.

Mango Samus: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34622
    Mango Samus Alt: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34623
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 01:27:09 AM by ShinF » Logged

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #261 on: October 13, 2013, 02:29:36 AM »

Could've made the chest/helmet more cherry color.

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #262 on: October 13, 2013, 07:40:25 AM »

You don't have to credit me in the download for something as trivial as recolor suggestions.

bloop
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #263 on: October 13, 2013, 08:46:45 AM »

to be honest...
    the alt scares me, seems it'll be really good for someones first hack. Other than that, the mango characters are coming out well.
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:48:15 AM by 13eat » Logged

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #264 on: October 13, 2013, 09:30:47 AM »

Love your Samus ShinF.

Here's a little something about what I did with DDD, I noticed that the uniform team recolor project,each DDD had been adding something extra to one another. So I did change the skin and eyes, and gave his a bit of an atunum feel(I do not know how to spell that word yet):

Tell me how it looks, I would really appreciate the feed back!

Masked will also be available

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #265 on: October 13, 2013, 10:01:52 AM »

Could've made the chest/helmet more cherry color.

Ehh, I think that'd have been too close to her default, and I liked the idea of using the color from her Fusion Varia Suit.

to be honest...
    the alt scares me, seems it'll be really good for someones first hack. Other than that, the mango characters are coming out well.

I know it's not great, and if I happen to come up with a better one, I'll replace it for sure. Oddly, though, that thing already has more downloads than the other... somehow. :/

Love your Samus ShinF.

Here's a little something about what I did with DDD, I noticed that the uniform team recolor project,each DDD had been adding something extra to one another. So I did change the skin and eyes, and gave his a bit of an atunum feel(I do not know how to spell that word yet):

Dedede is looking great! I really like the autumn look. Much improved, I think, from last version.
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:11:25 AM by ShinF » Logged

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #266 on: October 13, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »

Ehh, I think that'd have been too close to her default, and I liked the idea of using the color from her Fusion Varia Suit.

I know it's not great, and if I happen to come up with a better one, I'll replace it for sure. Oddly, though, that thing already has more downloads than the other... somehow. :/
    I prefer the alt... Looks more... Mango.

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

RoboticCyborg
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #267 on: October 13, 2013, 10:17:45 AM »

Love your Samus ShinF.

Mabye if you change the gloves to be green, I think it would look better.

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #268 on: October 13, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »

Yeah that alternate Samus might as well not exist. Looks really bad imo. Not trying to be mean, but dang.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #269 on: October 13, 2013, 10:45:59 AM »

Yeah that alternate Samus might as well not exist. Looks really bad imo. Not trying to be mean, but dang.

Nah, I agree. It does look bad. I don't know what I was thinking when I uploaded it. I must've been up too late at night, lol. Meh. I'm just gonna get rid of it.

Pages:  1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 46
    Print
    Jump to: