Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Ever wonder Brawl?  (Read 6207 times)
KendallJT
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

To be honest, I always wondered, if it was ever possible to hack brawl the same way they did for NSMBW( New Super Mario Bros. Wii ). Into Newer Super Mario bros. Wii, and changing it almost entirly

Changing the games story, actions, structure of the entire game. almost replacing the whole game. Menu Is 100% different and not just moved around. Saves your progress on the SD card, and even adds extra things!

The thought came to me when I saw the update for the "File Patch Code" and I was thinking hey, what if this was even more expanded?
___
-Players 1-4 could swap folders at anytime before gameplay! maybe making it RSB1-4
-Making it Gecko and Riivolution compatible.
-Entirly different stages, menu layout, story.
-Adding more characters than the default roster.
-Etc
___

Ever since that release. I wondered if it was possible to do the same for Brawl!

In time maybe! We got some talented people on BrawlVault.

Maybe someday this idea will become some sort of project for the BrawlVault Community. All the talents into one plus more!

+It's always great to give people Ideas (:

kadapunny
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 03:05:11 PM »

This man needs a cookie. I really want to have more characters available...

KendallJT
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »

I'm wondering if this could be done really. The whole coding thing has to be because possible.

SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »

Players 1-4 could swap folders at anytime before gameplay! maybe making it RSB1-4
    most likely
    most likely
    most likely
    its limited but yes

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

KendallJT
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »

Players 1-4 could swap folders at anytime before gameplay! maybe making it RSB1-4
    most likely
    most likely
    most likely
    its limited but yes

This only upsets me. If the result is three "most likely" and a "it's limited but yes". Then I can't figure out why it hasn't been done or at least attempted. If I hear that "It's not possible" than i'm going to be confused from this "most likely" and "it's limited but yes".
    -
    We will just see though what the future holds for this idea.
    -
    I'm not the person to start such a project and don't plan on it. Mainly because not a lot care or listen on ideas like this. However someone might start it soon and i'll only be a customer to sum it up.

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »

I'm still waiting for someone to change the the textures and models/placement of the menu icons, I want a new menu already. I'm with you 110% of the way KendallJT, I'd attempt to do it myself if I could.

KendallJT
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 12:04:49 AM »

I'm still waiting for someone to change the the textures and models/placement of the menu icons, I want a new menu already. I'm with you 110% of the way KendallJT, I'd attempt to do it myself if I could.

It's possible.

Aisuru Senka
    The Shmexy Assassin
    Extreme Kitten

That's just bassist

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Pin Collector Hey! Listen! 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »

To be honest, I always wondered, if it was ever possible to hack brawl the same way they did for NSMBW( New Super Mario Bros. Wii ). Into Newer Super Mario bros. Wii, and changing it almost entirly

Changing the games story, actions, structure of the entire game. almost replacing the whole game. Menu Is 100% different and not just moved around. Saves your progress on the SD card, and even adds extra things!

The thought came to me when I saw the update for the "File Patch Code" and I was thinking hey, what if this was even more expanded?
    ___
    -Players 1-4 could swap folders at anytime before gameplay! maybe making it RSB1-4
    -Etc
    Honestly, that's a different kind of hacking. See, what we're doing here is "modifying". That, what you're talking about, is more complicated. We're taking the existing data and altering its content, but leaving the programming intact. What you're asking for, at least in the case of SSBB, would basically require us to tamper with the game's programming. Let me tell you, that's a dangerous place to go, because it's just too easy to mess something up. Yes, there are certainly people capable of doing this stuff, but they won't. Not for free. What you're asking us to do is basically to do something people get paid thousands of dollars for, but for free.

Um... What? I'm not sure what you're asking. I think I get it, but... no. Sorry, that isn't possible. "RSBE01" doesn't refer to the player at all. It's basically a replication of the file directory, in the way the Wii is reading the disc (or at least, that's my understanding of it). You could never have multiple people using different hacks of the same character, if that's what you're thinking, unless they just cover different texture slots. It's difficult for me to explain why, but you can't. It's just not possible with the way Brawl is designed. And, no, we're not going to change that.

-Making it Gecko and Riivolution compatible
    Simultaneously? No, but there's no need for that anyway. But, yes, we can use either.

Well, we already have replaced the stages with entirely new ones, so I'm not sure what you're asking here. The menus can also be changed, but there's no need to fix something that isn't broken. Besides, they have to correspond to the same functions, so unless we reprogram the game, it's not gonna change. As for story, well... there's hardly any story, aside from SSE. Even that hardly has anything for "story". Is it possible? Yes. But I don't think people really care enough to put the time and effort into redesigning the animated cutscenes. It's long, boring work.

-Adding more characters than the default roster

The short answer here is no. The long answer is maybe. But, again, this would require alterations to the programming, so unless you pay us (or someone cares enough to do it), it probably won't happen.

This man needs a cookie. I really want to have more characters available...
    Sorry, he doesn't "need a cookie". He didn't DO anything. He suggested an idea that basically any hacker has had.

3DS FC: 3265-5237-3766

Personas:
    Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)
    Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
    Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
    Lyn (Fire Emblem)

KendallJT
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 07:46:42 PM »

1 - I know Moding and hacking of how they are different.
    +I never asked for this, I'm not going to ask for some that has already been done for a another game I enjoy playing regularly or hacked.

2 - This has something to do with tampering in the code like you said earlier. NOT the whole file patch folder gimmick.

3 - What? No... I'm not going to explain this.

4 - Once again, you are referring to something that replaces what is already in the game. As  I said, going into the program and adding what fits.

5 - Paying you or anyone for a game to be modified is extremely unnecessary. If starting the whole "Pay me I made this hack or mod for this game" is present. Then this [censored] can't do what it does to begin with. Rather it be everything I explained here or what brawl already delivers here. I wouldn't pay money for a hack or a mod, especially considering how that alone is illegal in it's own right.

6 - I never suggested anything and neither did i REQUEST it.

Simply put, I sat down not to long ago to see how people would feel if this could be done.

NOT once did I go out of my way to say"MAKE THIS, MAKE THIS NOW". No, it's simply hacking imagination.

So as you were attempting to attack me with..honestly whatever this is. You should have read or thought carefully or maybe ASKED if you didn't get something.

I would have been more than happy to explain to you and tell you, it's no request, it's a general hacking topic on wondering what ( Topic Title ) would have any impact on brawl hacking and the community. Could make a difference. I could not.

I've said my peace.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »

Why are you wondering those things?

We hackers have found the limits of this game and have been pushing them further ever since. Whatever you may imagine was already thought by somebody, and studied/experimented deeply by the extremely skilled people dedicated to the programming aspect of Brawl Hacking.

What I'm trying to say is: I know your intentions are good, but coming around suggesting or wondering about things we've been reaching for during some years now simply seems arrogant, because it implies (even if unintentionally) that we haven't given it enough thought. So, unless your suggestions/thoughts shed a light on the programming side of the thing (as in, if you have any groundbreaking concept or theory of how to actually program any of those things), I don't really see much that this thread could achieve, really.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Aisuru Senka
    The Shmexy Assassin
    Extreme Kitten

That's just bassist

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »

1 - I know Moding and hacking of how they are different.
    +I never asked for this, I'm not going to ask for some that has already been done for a another game I enjoy playing regularly or hacked.

2 - This has something to do with tampering in the code like you said earlier. NOT the whole file patch folder gimmick.

3 - What? No... I'm not going to explain this.

4 - Once again, you are referring to something that replaces what is already in the game. As  I said, going into the program and adding what fits.

5 - Paying you or anyone for a game to be modified is extremely unnecessary. If starting the whole "Pay me I made this hack or mod for this game" is present. Then this [censored] can't do what it does to begin with. Rather it be everything I explained here or what brawl already delivers here. I wouldn't pay money for a hack or a mod, especially considering how that alone is illegal in it's own right.

6 - I never suggested anything and neither did i REQUEST it.

Simply put, I sat down not to long ago to see how people would feel if this could be done.

NOT once did I go out of my way to say"MAKE THIS, MAKE THIS NOW". No, it's simply hacking imagination.

So as you were attempting to attack me with..honestly whatever this is. You should have read or thought carefully or maybe ASKED if you didn't get something.

I would have been more than happy to explain to you and tell you, it's no request, it's a general hacking topic on wondering what ( Topic Title ) would have any impact on brawl hacking and the community. Could make a difference. I could not.

I've said my peace.

Jeez, man, calm the crap down. I wasn't "attacking" you with anything. You asked for an explanation. I gave you one. Don't get angry. The only directly negative thing I said was that you didn't do anything to deserve praise (the comment about the "cookie"), but that wasn't even in response to you. Why did I say it?

Why are you wondering those things?

We hackers have found the limits of this game and have been pushing them further ever since. Whatever you may imagine was already thought by somebody, and studied/experimented deeply by the extremely skilled people dedicated to the programming aspect of Brawl Hacking.

What I'm trying to say is: I know your intentions are good, but coming around suggesting or wondering about things we've been reaching for during some years now simply seems arrogant, because it implies (even if unintentionally) that we haven't given it enough thought. So, unless your suggestions/thoughts shed a light on the programming side of the thing (as in, if you have any groundbreaking concept or theory of how to actually program any of those things), I don't really see much that this thread could achieve, really.

^ This is why. So really, I'm not trying to put you down. Don't take things as an insult you asked for them. If these things as you want them COULD have been done, then trust me, they would have. If you can't find anything about it on the forums, there's a nifty search feature up in the top right of the page. Still can't find anything? Then it probably doesn't exist. No, this doesn't mean we haven't tried anything about it. It probably just means it doesn't work. A lot of threads have been lost over time.
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:46:37 PM by Aisuru Senka » Logged

Personas:
    Lyn (Fire Emblem)

KendallJT
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »

As I find Ricky ignorant, and won't reply. All I can say is this.

I understand what you're saying. However you assume that I see all peoples goals on here. Both you and Ricky. However calling me arrogant to a situation I didn't know was brought up in the past is very ignorant. I'm not angry, and  I want to let you know that you assumed I was. I'm not angry. Nor upset.

I really don't care for people who want to come out assuming things.

As I stated before. I hadn't the slightest idea if someone thought of this yet. But a simple answer like "Oh yeah, someone already thought of this" would have been more appropriate than throwing "arrogant" into my face.

"I know your intentions are good, but coming around suggesting or wondering about things we've been reaching for during some years now simply seems arrogant, because it implies (even if unintentionally) that we haven't given it enough thought."

What does this have anything to do with creative wonder in a video game. If someone has brought it up, then say so. It's as simple as that.

And why would I get mad at a cookie..I know i don't deserve it. Ok...and?

Aisuru Senka
    The Shmexy Assassin
    Extreme Kitten

That's just bassist

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »

As I find Ricky ignorant, and won't reply. All I can say is this.

I understand what you're saying. However you assume that I see all peoples goals on here. Both you and Ricky. However calling me arrogant to a situation I didn't know was brought up in the past is very ignorant. I'm not angry, and  I want to let you know that you assumed I was. I'm not angry. Nor upset.

I really don't care for people who want to come out assuming things.

As I stated before. I hadn't the slightest idea if someone thought of this yet. But a simple answer like "Oh yeah, someone already thought of this" would have been more appropriate than throwing "arrogant" into my face.

"I know your intentions are good, but coming around suggesting or wondering about things we've been reaching for during some years now simply seems arrogant, because it implies (even if unintentionally) that we haven't given it enough thought."

What does this have anything to do with creative wonder in a video game. If someone has brought it up, then say so. It's as simple as that.

And why would I get mad at a cookie..I know i don't deserve it. Ok...and?

He suggested an idea that basically any hacker has had.

I'm not giving you another reply until you thoroughly re-read all of the posts you're complaining about, buddy, because you've got no idea what you're talking about. Basically everything in your post is wrong.

Personas:
    Lyn (Fire Emblem)

KendallJT
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 09:58:26 PM »

Ok

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 03:22:25 AM »

I'm sorry if it sounded unpleasant, but on a community nearly as old as Brawl itself, with nearly thirty thousand people, did you really believe you were the first person to think of that?

Can you see it? Even if unintentionally, it comes off as arrogant.

"Oh yeah, someone already thought of this" shouldn't need to come from anyone's lips (or fingers), but from your own common sense.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: