Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wii system files are corrupt?  (Read 1323 times)
Aura Sphere
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »

Yeah my Wii told me that just before when I loaded up the Homebrew channel like I always do. I don't do updates on my Wii and I didn't actually do anything with the SD card since the last time I loaded it up. I don't know why it gave me that message. It gave me a scare and I turned it off and looked online. Some said that Nintendo is just saying it to scare people into turning it in to be fixed (and removing stuff like Homebrew) or replacing with newer versions of the Wii that are harder to hack, or whatnot. Others said that even if nothing seems wrong, that message means something is wrong, and some reported their Wii not turning on after a week. I myself loaded it up again and got no message. My Brawl is working fine. My custom CSS is there, all characters unlocked, etc., but still I feel uneasy.

Should I be worried? I've worked hard not only on my hacks, but also on getting all the achievements, the music, the characters, and the stages. I heard there is a way to copy Brawl save data onto an SD card through Homebrew. I have the essential tools to do this, but I don't know how to do it. If I could, getting another Wii would be a synch, even though I also have Mario Kart Wii data fully complete too. Man sometimes the Wii really sucks. I hate how they went copywriting data now so not even my own hard work is safe :/

RRRRRANDMASTAAAAAAAAAAH

BabyLuigiOnFire
Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »

This recently happened in Mario Kart Wii and no, I'm not worried about it after everything worked perfectly fine after I ejected the SD card and gave it a clean (it broke apart some time ago anyway, so it was fixed with glue).

Aura Sphere
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 01:16:45 PM »

So, it could be the SD card then? This SD card, I'm assuming, is older than the one I bought. This one was provided to me with hacks already on it, which I've since then revised BIG TIME. Only the Zero PSA, Cloud PSA, and Gray Fox PSA stayed.

How recently did this happen to you? You say no problems since then? That's a HUGE relief. I'm gonna look around just in case I'll have to get a new Wii in future, but this had me worried v_v''

RRRRRANDMASTAAAAAAAAAAH

BabyLuigiOnFire
    Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »

Just like 2 days ago or so. I hadn't used it in a while because this one is an SDHC and it had compatibility issues with ProjectM and stuff. Pretty sure it's your SD card that the Wii was reading, but if the problem fixes itself after a second try, then there's nothing to worry about.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: