Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: Clone Engine -removed-  (Read 41280 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »

@ Shanus/HaloedHero: Well, if the PMBR leaders don't communicate all that well with their main coders, here's the long and short of it:

* There is nothing in our rules that prevents people from posting codes made by others, if proper credit is given.
    * We've had other users showcasing works from people who had never uploaded their productions to BV, so anyone could enjoy their work.
    * Whether those codes were stolen, copied from Dantarion's wiki/pastebin or willingly given really isn't something that concerns us, or even anywhere near our jurisdiction to be perfectly honest.
    * You'll have to settle this with him in private.

Besides, I'm sure that if SonicBrawler is nothing but a thief and his code is a wrong one that works as poorly as it's claimed to be, it shouldn't take long for the PMBR to show the community the working version of it and supplant it.

I've already explained these points in a bit more detail to ds22, so asking in this thread will honestly not bring you any more answers than just asking him directly. We don't plan on seeing a repeat of ASF's Extra Character Slot massive derail, so if there are more complaints of this kind, you (and other PMBR members) will have to either take it to PMs with Vyse/Myself, or more simply, to the Moderation Corner so we can all participate.

Now, I won't have this brought up again. If anyone has any sort of complaints with the way we are running our forum, do it in the appropriate place. This thread is not an appropriate place.
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:21:06 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Heart Container

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »

well its just based on theory
    unless asf1inks pokemon code links to the other csps when choosing one of the four pokemon in pokemon trainers icon, which i doubt
    if it doesnt
    its a perfect workaround to get 3 extra characters with their csps instead of just 1
    all u have to do is link the cloned characters to cloned pokemons which is easlily done by using the "character replacement code" by sputnit

No point, ASF is already getting their own cosmetics. Everyone can keep everything yay!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »

No point, ASF is already getting their own cosmetics. Everyone can keep everything yay!
    well i hope he gets more than 3 seperate csp cosmetics!

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »

well i hope he gets more than 3 seperate csp cosmetics!
    It's ASF man! Don't doubt him! He will get it done

shanus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »

@ Shanus/HaloedHero: Well, if the PMBR leaders don't communicate all that well with their main coders, here's the long and short of it:

* There is nothing in our rules that prevents people from posting codes made by others, if proper credit is given.
    * We've had other users showcasing works from people who had never uploaded their productions to BV, so anyone could enjoy their work.
    * Whether those codes were stolen, copied from Dantarion's wiki/pastebin or willingly given really isn't something that concerns us, or even anywhere near our jurisdiction to be perfectly honest.
    * You'll have to settle this with him in private.

Besides, I'm sure that if SonicBrawler is nothing but a thief and his code is a wrong one that works as poorly as it's claimed to be, it shouldn't take long for the PMBR to show the community the working version of it and supplant it.

I've already explained these points in a bit more detail to ds22, so asking in this thread will honestly not bring you any more answers than just asking him directly. We don't plan on seeing a repeat of ASF's Extra Character Slot massive derail, so if there are more complaints of this kind, you (and other PMBR members) will have to either take it to PMs with Vyse/Myself, or more simply, to the Moderation Corner so we can all participate.

Now, I won't have this brought up again. If anyone has any sort of complaints with the way we are running our forum, do it in the appropriate place. This thread is not an appropriate place.

Alright, I'll shut up. Just echoing Haloed's points saying if each of you end up with a corrupted save file, we told you so. A significant portion of our team lost our files several times over  as we developed these codes, because subtle changes would occur. Just a heads up to watch out for
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:38:28 PM by shanus » Logged

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »

Alright, I'll shut up. Just echoing Haloed's points saying if each of you end up with a corrupted save file, we told you so. A significant portion of our team lost our files several times over  as we developed these codes, because subtle changes would occur. Just a heads up to watch out for
    Thank you for the warning. It works perfectly fine for us, but we will keep your those thoughts in mind:)

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 07:40:59 PM »

It's the second time the community has been warned of this threat to save files in a short time. I'm sure that the message has been heard loud and clear, and that we'll be able to deal with this temporary codeset until you guys release the 100%-stable vBrawl Clone Engine.

That's what backups are for, after all. And the good old My Music Reset codes. Smiley
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:48:51 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »

thanks. its easy to fix the currupted save data though Smiley

Unlock all Characters [eric]
    42000000 90000000
    0417B640 FFFFFFFF
    0417B644 FFFFFFFF

Unlock all Stages [eric]
    42000000 90000000
    0417B658 FFFFFFFF

Have all Trophies [eric]
    42000000 90000000
    0817BE80 80638063
    21100004 00000000

Have all Stickers [eric]
    42000000 90000000
    0817C398 80638063
    215D0004 00000000

Have all Challenge Data [eric]
    42000000 90000000
    0817CB68 02020202
    201F0004 00000000

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 07:52:18 PM »

Hey, do the Pokemon have Final Smashes or are they Independent?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »

independent

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 07:59:44 PM »

independent

So no Final Smash and game freezes at the Result Screen D:
    Nah, it is just the beginning.
    Maybe later it will improve... maybe never.
    Who knows?
    XP

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »

Just wondering if I'd need to remove the gimmicky characters from my roster to get this to work? I currently have the Alloys, Giga Bowser, Wario Man, and separate Popo and Nana.

Vigilante
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »

Nah, it is just the beginning.
    Maybe later it will improve... maybe never.
    Who knows?
    XP

Told you guys, and it only gets worse from there. Your game will freeze even after your remove the GCT.

For what it is worth, when I was playtesting, this destroyed my save file and my music. Even after completely deleting my save, I was still left with problems. I have to reset my Wii completely to get rid of it because it left traces on my Wii. That means I lost a few VC games I had bought prior to that.

Also, I will only say this: It seems that you guys only apply the rules whenever you feel like it. We have to keep working on Project M, and since this bit of unfinished stolen code was not released officially, we take no responsibility for the inevitable damage. We will also not provide any help with fixing it.

Warchamp7
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »

Sad Trombone

Post Merge: September 24, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

But seriously, we've tried warning people, and Vig went into some detail above.

Use this at your own risk.
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:55:03 PM by Warchamp7 » Logged

Dr.
    Hyper Kitten

Hi stranger, you look good ;D

• Awards Featured Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 08:59:39 PM »

Also, I will only say this: It seems that you guys only apply the rules whenever you feel like it. We have to keep working on Project M, and since this bit of unfinished stolen code was not released officially, we take no responsibility for the inevitable damage. We will also not provide any help with fixing it.

Thanks for all the warnings Wink

I'll be sure to test this code to every possible extent, and try to find possible bugs or glitches.
    I'll make a list of workarounds (if I am succesfull) to help others who may have problems with the code.

Until then, I encourage everyone to test the code if you want to help others by doing so.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8
    Print
    Jump to: