Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1584989 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7275 on: May 30, 2014, 07:21:13 AM »

Nope, those are independent from lighting. But that's something you can easily change, it's just the LightSetIndex property in Brawlbox.

I never knew that thing with the bones was possible.

Please add that to the tutorial section, Mewtwo (so that this piece of info isn't lost)!

Mmm... Not sure if it's worth it... Brawlbox can do much more than just removing/adding bones for a long time already, it's not new nor a big thing to learn... Well, I'll see about it.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7276 on: May 30, 2014, 09:52:48 AM »

Nope, those are independent from lighting. But that's something you can easily change, it's just the LightSetIndex property in Brawlbox.

Arigatou! I need this since battlefields lightning adds alot of bytes to stages.

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7277 on: May 31, 2014, 07:35:50 AM »

A semi-sphere background is quite easy to find, I've been using one from the stage builder for a very long time. Some of my stages, like Dreamland, Saffron City or Sector Z should have what you need there.

totally grabbed Sector Z.. i even plan on adding Sector Z in as an easter egg! =P

About the 2D models..
    having 5 bones instead of 1 or 2 isn't gonna take you any important space, but I understand they may end up being annoying. It's interesting to have at least one bone with the same name in all the models of the stage, so you can move/resize it at once if needed, and you don't need to edit every single bone in the scene. I can't think of a 2D model with 2 bones right now, but that's something easy for you to make. Get your current one, go to the bones, right click on every bone, and do the 'add to parent' option until all of them are at the same level. Now, in the 'objects' folder of the model, select your polygon and see what the 'singlebind' and 'visibilitybone' values say. The may be the same, and they may be different. No matter what's the case, go to your bones, and delete as many as you want to delete (right click, delete, or ctrl+del), as long as you don't delete the one or ones in those 2 properties I've told you. Now, if you've left 2 bones, go to the one in the 'singlebind' value, right click, and select 'add to next up/down' (depending on which one is enabled at that time). If you've done it well, you'll have a new hierarchy with the number of bones you want, and the bone the object is tied to will be under the other one, which could be used as a common bone.

ok so i attempted this.. problem was that the bone i needed to keep wasnt the bone i wanted since i needed one in the center of the model so i can make an animation for the galaxies to spin..

however i did solve my own problem, i simply vertex-ed inside brawlbox so that the model was placed directly in the center.. so problem solved! =3

still i agree with spider man, should totally make that a tutorial or something! =P

The current versions of Brawlbox have very interesting options. You could even build your own sky model in 3ds max and import it, with the exact texture mapping you need.

yeah im not THAT good at 3D modeling.. heck i dont know how to model yet.. but hopefully that will change in the fall when i start taking some 3D modeling courses!!

aside from that though, brawlbox 0.71 has been giving me some compressing issues... it corrupts the data (usually the models) so when i go to open it in 0.63d it gives me a bunch of errors.. it only happens when i mess with models though oddly enough..

yet i have been able to mess with scenedata without corruption! however i still got a lot of learning to do since i dont really know entirely what im doing with it.. i made a light on the characters so it gives a faint glow from the ground up.. but i still want more. =P

My life is fine, I'm working on things for the uni and I don't have much time for hacks as I used to. My girl is back to her town, so we're back to distance and phone calls, I'm giving private classes to earn a little money, and I also spend some time playing games. I'm not posting much lately, the fact is that I've nearly not touched a stage since a few weeks (until 2 days ago, when I worked on Dreamland). But I've been working on some of my tools, and I'm working on some menu matters too. I've also been working on emerald and rim characters.

I don't post here much lately, but I guess I'm starting to do it again. I plan on keep on stages and this is the place where I've always shown what I do. However, I'm also active on Youtube (I've played lots of matches with friends, or even online, and I've been uploading them) and Facebook (I usually leave stuff there, even when I don't do it here).

sounds like your doing well, long distance relationship part kinda sucks though.. as long as you keep in touch! however i totally get it, its usually the people who are the best at this sorta thing usually have the most busy lives.. dont know why that is lol

but hey if your experimenting with emerald textures, lemme know if you find a way to make the materials seperate/specific for different parts of a model (for example making fox's body green emerald, but make his jacket red emerald) cause id be all over that! =3

Well, hope the tips help you. In case you don't succeed on those 2D models, I can always do it for you. But it's as easy as pressing the 'ctrl' and 'del' buttons while selecting a bone, just don't delete a bone that's actually being used by the model and that's all.

thanks for all the advice, although i still would like to know how to make a simple ball of light to put in the center of the galaxies.. my first thought would be to grab it from something like the sun on the bridge of eldin.. but im really not sure..

just a simple glowing ball of light like a star in space is all im looking for though.. so that sun model might be too intense.. :/
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:38:45 AM by Wulfbang Meow » Logged

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7278 on: May 31, 2014, 12:56:08 PM »

Waiting patiently for dat Mute City. Would be awesome if there's gonna be a neutral version that has no pitstops onto the track, and even more awesome if it can be applied to Port Town.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7279 on: June 05, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »

thanks for all the advice, although i still would like to know how to make a simple ball of light to put in the center of the galaxies.. my first thought would be to grab it from something like the sun on the bridge of eldin.. but im really not sure..

just a simple glowing ball of light like a star in space is all im looking for though.. so that sun model might be too intense.. :/

Maybe the Bridge of Eldin sun, or maybe the Battlefield one... Anyway, if what you get is too shiny, you can always modify the texture used. A dark texture will sure not be too bright.

Waiting patiently for dat Mute City. Would be awesome if there's gonna be a neutral version that has no pitstops onto the track, and even more awesome if it can be applied to Port Town.

Yeah, a no-pitstop version will come too. I'll make it compatible with Port Town, just like the regular one is already.

The other day I teased a new version of Dreamland. I'm almost done with it already, just tweaking small details about the alternate versions. This gif shows the differences between versions of this stage since I released it in 2011.

The gif doesn't show it all though, the differences between v1 and v2 were not just the top of the tree, the flowers were not animated during wind in v1, for example.

Stage shadows tutorial

Armored dragon
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7280 on: June 05, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »

for the dreamland thing, are you going to update the how to play stage as well?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7281 on: June 05, 2014, 06:32:38 PM »

for the dreamland thing, are you going to update the how to play stage as well?

The funny fact is that I already updated it a few months ago, now it has an updated model too, and its own vault entry:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34859

Video showing the new Dreamland by the way:

[SSBB hack] - Dreamland (Revamped)

Stage shadows tutorial

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7282 on: June 09, 2014, 08:03:29 PM »

Thanks again for the advice mewtwo, i found a suitable ball of light.. although it was quite a strange object to find and use..

ive gone ahead and released a Version 1 since ive made a new skybox, i also plan to fix the Stageposition and add some cool lighting effects.. but im still new at lighting..

the glowing ball in the middle came from the diamond/pearl pokemon stage, before the lazer dialga fires, he charges with a ball of light which is a seperate model!

however the ball doesnt animate with a chr0.. it animates with something else? (VIS0 maybe?) and pulses faster than id like it to, any advice there?

Dreamland looks like its coming along nicely, what type of texture did you use for the trees in version 3 so it looks smoother around the edges? (i believe the term is what type of texture compression? like I4, CMPR, etc..)

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7283 on: June 10, 2014, 03:15:37 AM »

If I was you, I would not use the animations from the original stage, but build a new one by yourself. If you want to animate it with a CHR0, you can do it, and you can combine it with a CLR0 to make it change how bright it is. An animated rescale with an animated opacity change together would look nice.

About dreamland, the textures are RGB5A3, but the smoother effect comes because I've used transparent materials instead of the standard ones. It looks much better now.

The stage is released since june 6, btw, and there's a new version I've called the 'Crazy Apples' version. Whispy blows more frequently, the blows last shorter, and there's lots of apples coming from him.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204327

[SSBB hack] - Dreamland (Crazy Apples)

Stage shadows tutorial

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7284 on: June 11, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »

If I was you, I would not use the animations from the original stage, but build a new one by yourself. If you want to animate it with a CHR0, you can do it, and you can combine it with a CLR0 to make it change how bright it is. An animated rescale with an animated opacity change together would look nice.

About dreamland, the textures are RGB5A3, but the smoother effect comes because I've used transparent materials instead of the standard ones. It looks much better now.

crazy apples huh? looks like a lot of fun, especially with all the items on! xP

also if you feel my questions would be better received in Private Message rather than littering your thread.. let me know and ill stick to PM..

as for my question.. so the material has to be transparent as well? i dont think the 2D model that im using for my galaxies is like that because even after switching to RGB5A3, it still looks like its CMPR and it looks terrible.. is that something i can change within brawlbox? or will i have to find a new model to work with?

also i did what you said with the animation and its just a static glow ball at the moment, but it still looks really nice!

Heres an in game screenshot so you can see what i mean about the transparency and the glow ball:

im not sure what you mean by opacity though.. you can change the opacity of a model with an animation?

im also having an issue with the lowest right hand corner galaxy, its supposed to be different from the galaxy in the middle.. it looks fine in brawlbox but seems to adapt the center galaxies texture when in game.. ive looked through the model's data and i cant seem to find anything that might cause the issue..

ill see if i can screencap my brawlbox later so i can show you..
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:44:13 AM by Wulfbang Meow » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7285 on: June 11, 2014, 03:03:28 PM »

On thread is fine.

Well, if there's a galaxy using a texture that's not supposed to, maybe its texture is in a different format, like CI8 or something. Make it fit the rest of them.

About the transparency issues on the galaxy (which look like CMPR textures when they're not) you have to edit the material. Just at the beginning, there should be some numbers and some 'greater or equal' and 'less or equal' things. Change those to 'always', and the numbers to 0. Then, enable the 'enableblend' and 'xlumaterial' things. Be careful and keep a copy of the model, cause the latest versions of brawlbox sometimes corrupt the models. If for some reason it's corrupted and you don't seem to fix it, go back to brawlbox 0.67b to make the 'xlumaterial' step. Only that one may break things.

Stage shadows tutorial

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7286 on: June 11, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »

Um, I need some help with something please. I apologize for always asking you for help.

These platforms are way to dark, these are not being affected by light or texture color. Cuz I changed both, getting the same results.

This is how they are supposed to look like, but its only on the underside. What is going on? Did I imported them wrong?

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7287 on: June 11, 2014, 11:16:48 PM »

On thread is fine.

Well, if there's a galaxy using a texture that's not supposed to, maybe its texture is in a different format, like CI8 or something. Make it fit the rest of them.

About the transparency issues on the galaxy (which look like CMPR textures when they're not) you have to edit the material. Just at the beginning, there should be some numbers and some 'greater or equal' and 'less or equal' things. Change those to 'always', and the numbers to 0. Then, enable the 'enableblend' and 'xlumaterial' things. Be careful and keep a copy of the model, cause the latest versions of brawlbox sometimes corrupt the models. If for some reason it's corrupted and you don't seem to fix it, go back to brawlbox 0.67b to make the 'xlumaterial' step. Only that one may break things.

ok so while your advice about switching the texture from CMPR back to RGB5A3 (which is what the rest of the galaxy textures are) didnt work immediately.. i did end up finding out what was wrong.. under the material reference for the texture i put a texture reference AND a palette reference even though the model/texture doesnt have a palette.. so i set that back to null and now the texture shows up in game like its supposed to! =3

however i cant seem to get the model transparency part working.. i tried in both versions of brawlbox that you mentioned and i cant seem to get it to work.. however i think i misunderstood the last part of your statement.. are you suggesting that when i open it in brawlbox 0.67b, i should make the "xlumaterial" statement to false like it is originally?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7288 on: June 12, 2014, 07:27:23 AM »

Nope, the galaxies need the xlumaterial to be true. Only that if you set them as true in versions newer than v0.67b, sometimes you'll have trouble. I always use that one when I do it.

These would be all the needed properties in the material:

Stage shadows tutorial

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7289 on: June 12, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »

Nope, the galaxies need the xlumaterial to be true. Only that if you set them as true in versions newer than v0.67b, sometimes you'll have trouble. I always use that one when I do it.

These would be all the needed properties in the material:

ok so after blood, sweat, and tears were shed (mostly just tears T_T)...

IT WORKED! =D ......

..but now i got new problems..(which ive circled in red) Dx

im assuming this is happening because we made "EnableAlphaFunction" false.. but i dont think it works without doing that.. so im not sure what to do from here..

also my glowball doesnt show correctly.. but i have a feeling its for the same reason..

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:18:18 AM by Wulfbang Meow » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: