Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1584986 times)
ItalianStallion
Weapon X
Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7005 on: May 07, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »

Mewtwo is always around. Only that he doesn't say anything if there's nothing new to say ^^U

And yeah, Grunty's Tower works over Luigi's Mansion, I guess most of my stages do O.o

I've released the Star City track recently, and I want to release Grunty's next, but I want to add 2 effects first.

Word? Cool man. Progress is progress. Happy to know that Grunty's Tower is your main focus now. By the way, what are these effects that you're adding if you don't mind me asking.

Also, do you still plan on making Star City as a Brawl stage?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #7006 on: May 07, 2013, 02:18:03 PM »

Would you guys get an HD version of a stage of mine and revert it back to the original textures? Some guy did...

Just out of curiosity, let's check my original versions, the HD one, and the reverted one:

My stage as in N64:

My stage with the SM64 castle:

Tim.de9's HD version:

Motherofallwars's reverted version:

It's okay to get stages by others and making edits to make them look better. The HD version uses higher res textures and does it well. Maybe some shading is missing, but it's decent. But what motherofallwars has made is just taking that, making it look worse, with no shading at all, and bad uv coordinates. And people go and download it. God, is it that difficult to look in the vault for previous versions? Am I that distant that people don't know about me and my old pre-importing stages?

I feel the vault is just a place with no control at all, people fill it with repeated things, uncredited edits of hacks made after many hours by others and things with no quality at all. And that's sad for somebody that loves this the way I do.

More curious than anything, as I'd use your stages wherever I can, but, Mewtwo2000, why is it that you like to keep the retro look of all those N64 stages and place them in a game where character models tend to be more detailed than they would have been on SSB64 or TLOZ: OoT (64)?

I suppose it's because I like things the way they looked, so I feel I'm playing the original games in some way. Maybe they would look better with a new look, but they would be harder to make, would take even longer, and wouldn't feel the same for me. I do my stages for me, and I share them when they're done. And because of that, I make them the way I prefer them, and that's with their old look.

Word? Cool man. Progress is progress. Happy to know that Grunty's Tower is your main focus now. By the way, what are these effects that you're adding if you don't mind me asking.

Also, do you still plan on making Star City as a Brawl stage?

I was thinking about editing the lightnings a little, they don't change the texture right now, and the originals used 2 different textures. I'd like to add some light effect so the characters get a little lightened by lightnings, and maybe the same thing for the tower itself.

Yeah, sure I still plan on making Star City as a Brawl stage. But I want to at least release Grunty's first.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7007 on: May 07, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »

think we could get one last preview?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7008 on: May 07, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »

Sure, here you go  Kirby Dance

Stage shadows tutorial

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7009 on: May 07, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »

well done mah boi. my geatest childhood challenge, tho complete, will soon be revisited by more than just banjo and kazooie (even though i use project m, which gets rid of fludd, which in turn gets rd of kazooie).

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7010 on: May 07, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »

Would you guys get an HD version of a stage of mine and revert it back to the original textures? Some guy did...

Just out of curiosity, let's check my original versions, the HD one, and the reverted one:

My stage as in N64:

My stage with the SM64 castle:

Tim.de9's HD version:

Motherofallwars's reverted version:

It's okay to get stages by others and making edits to make them look better. The HD version uses higher res textures and does it well. Maybe some shading is missing, but it's decent. But what motherofallwars has made is just taking that, making it look worse, with no shading at all, and bad uv coordinates. And people go and download it. God, is it that difficult to look in the vault for previous versions? Am I that distant that people don't know about me and my old pre-importing stages?

I feel the vault is just a place with no control at all, people fill it with repeated things, uncredited edits of hacks made after many hours by others and things with no quality at all. And that's sad for somebody that loves this the way I do.

Honestly Mewtwo. I am not surprised. I seen stuff on the vault way worse then that hack get downloads and people not even see it for what it is. It's unbelievable yes. That someone is making an endless cycle and makes things worse with the latest hack. But it's something we have to live with. If someone wants a hack with low quality and not alot effort put into it. Then let them. They will get rid of it later on. As apart of the Brawl Vault team. I support your opinion. But we can't do anything to the hack. Because he has the right to the hack that he made in a couple of mins or more. If he has made the hack and ruined it by plagiarizing it. Then that will be a whole different story. But he's just made a low quality hack that can't compare with your work.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7011 on: May 07, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »

Your original n64 Mario stage looks far better. Even with the lower rez textures it has a charm that makes it look generally better. That isn't nostalgia, it just is fantastic, and I feel it fits better. You can request the lazy ones be removed if you want; they did use your stage.

Not sure why Mute City is so high in the poll, I could never stand the stages that were like it, but I'm sure it will be cool. I would like to see the inside of peach's castle and the Kokiri villiage some time soon.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #7012 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:30 PM »

Sure, here you go  Kirby Dance

=o!

I love you dearly sir.

Darth Indiana Bond
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7013 on: May 07, 2013, 11:50:46 PM »

So excited!

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7014 on: May 08, 2013, 05:04:52 AM »

Honestly Mewtwo. I am not surprised. I seen stuff on the vault way worse then that hack get downloads and people not even see it for what it is. It's unbelievable yes. That someone is making an endless cycle and makes things worse with the latest hack. But it's something we have to live with. If someone wants a hack with low quality and not alot effort put into it. Then let them. They will get rid of it later on. As apart of the Brawl Vault team. I support your opinion. But we can't do anything to the hack. Because he has the right to the hack that he made in a couple of mins or more. If he has made the hack and ruined it by plagiarizing it. Then that will be a whole different story. But he's just made a low quality hack that can't compare with your work.

Yeah, I know, after all those things aren't against the rules or anything, so the vault will always get hacks of all kind. Also, if people want the best version of something, they always have the option to use the search... So, well, doesn't matter.

The guy has contacted me, he told me he's new, and that he wanted to release a version compatible with Orpheon and stuff... I've told him what rel files are, how to port stages, and that I want to be in collab, so I can edit his post, give it a proper picture (the current one doesn't show the real thing) and link it to my original entry so people can decide if they get that version or my original one.

Your original n64 Mario stage looks far better. Even with the lower rez textures it has a charm that makes it look generally better. That isn't nostalgia, it just is fantastic, and I feel it fits better. You can request the lazy ones be removed if you want; they did use your stage.

Not sure why Mute City is so high in the poll, I could never stand the stages that were like it, but I'm sure it will be cool. I would like to see the inside of peach's castle and the Kokiri villiage some time soon.

Yeah, the original textures use to fit better, specially if a model is low-res. A low-poly model with hi-res textures doesn't use to fit much. Anyway, the lack of shades in some parts makes it look weird, and as that's one of the stages I made before importing and vertex colors were possible, if the textures don't include the shades, there won't be any. I plan on revamping the stage to use 1 single model and less textures. It's not one of those stages that lag the game I guess, but anyway, it should be better that way, easier to edit, and any retexture will look better cause people will be able to forget about shades and distorted textures.

But that will be after Grunty's, Mute City and all that. Right now I have a break at univ and I can use Brawlbox, so I'm gonna make some progress with those Mute City cars. I hope to be able to show some video this month.

EDIT: By the way, I've copied the one with the SM64 background to the SSB64 stage folder, it was only in the SM64 Castle folder and that wasn't really clear. So if you want this one as an alternate, you'll find it inside a separate folder in the old entry:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17541
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:59:40 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Ryan
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7015 on: May 08, 2013, 11:10:38 AM »

This is one of the few reasons why I am focusing on the hacks and not on putting them on the Vault or spending time in the forums. The only things I like about this website is that it is the best place I could find so far for sharing productive thoughts with others and contacting people with very good Brawl Hacking knowledge to learn from eachother. And of course cuz people can share decent results or such an accurate work like Mewtwo2000 does.
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:12:12 AM by Ryan » Logged

Darth Indiana Bond
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7016 on: May 08, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »

Gruntilda skin just released, things are looking epic!

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7017 on: May 08, 2013, 01:27:26 PM »

This is one of the few reasons why I am focusing on the hacks and not on putting them on the Vault or spending time in the forums. The only things I like about this website is that it is the best place I could find so far for sharing productive thoughts with others and contacting people with very good Brawl Hacking knowledge to learn from eachother. And of course cuz people can share decent results or such an accurate work like Mewtwo2000 does.

By the way, for those who are expecting for Mute City news, here's a pic:

More will come, now I'll get back on working on Grunty's.

Stage shadows tutorial

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7018 on: May 08, 2013, 01:37:01 PM »

Gruntilda skin just released, things are looking epic!
    i saw that. im getting that too. it will be a Gruntinception!

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7019 on: May 08, 2013, 02:10:28 PM »

I suppose it's because I like things the way they looked, so I feel I'm playing the original games in some way. Maybe they would look better with a new look, but they would be harder to make, would take even longer, and wouldn't feel the same for me. I do my stages for me, and I share them when they're done. And because of that, I make them the way I prefer them, and that's with their old look.

I feel as if though I offended you somehow.  It wasn't my intention to nag you about not making high resolution textures with high poly models, but observing that one of the more well-known stage hackers creates stages in the look they had from the original game they came from.

I do see it the way you do, in many cases.  Especially OoT... Every time I think about a cutscene from the game, it's harder to imagine it with the more recent 3DS graphics than it is to remember its N64 look.  I've said this before somewhere, but the quality of the hacks isn't necessarily dependent on the graphics, but on the functionality and creative elements thrown in.  I believe that's why your name carries a lot of weight on in the Brawl hacking community.

EDIT: As for making the hacks for yourself, well... I figure that everyone would make hacks for themselves as well, whether it is for the enjoyment of making content, or sharing with others, or just because you want to use whatever hacks you make the way you like it.

Sharing it is just so everyone else can enjoy it with you.  I get all that.  And I have always been one to appreciate such gestures of kindness.  This Vault wouldn't exist (or much of the internet, for that matter) if people refused to share their work.
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:18:32 PM by Linkxp500 » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Pages:  1 ... 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: