Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1570085 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7290 on: June 12, 2014, 07:41:25 PM »

That's another property, I didn't thing they were going to clip between them given the distance.

Try setting as false the 'enabledepthupdate' value, nearly at the end of the material properties list. See if it's good now. If not, you may need to change the order of the objects, or their DrawPriority (something in the objects folder, not the materials one).

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7291 on: June 12, 2014, 08:20:43 PM »

That's another property, I didn't thing they were going to clip between them given the distance.

Try setting as false the 'enabledepthupdate' value, nearly at the end of the material properties list. See if it's good now. If not, you may need to change the order of the objects, or their DrawPriority (something in the objects folder, not the materials one).

ok so im pretty certain you've sold your soul to Sakurai or something.. how the heck do you know so much about this stuff!?!?!

anyways, i no longer have the clipping issue, but my glowball still doesnt show up right.. its kind of like its "behind" the model rather than in the middle of it.. but if i look at it perfectly flat.. its still in the center of the floor galaxy.. :/

i have noticed that some of my galaxies overlap weirdly when i scroll around with the unrestricted pause camera but you dont really notice with the gameplay camera..

im assuming thats why my ball appears "behind" the floor?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7292 on: June 13, 2014, 04:05:16 AM »

Yeah, same reason here. If you change the order of the models, or change the priority of the object for the ball, it will get visible in certain cases. Go to the object of the light, look for the DrawPriority, and set it to 1.

Stage shadows tutorial

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• Awards KCMM Awards 2011 Winner Heart Container KCMM Storyteller Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7293 on: June 13, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »

Yeah, same reason here. If you change the order of the models, or change the priority of the object for the ball, it will get visible in certain cases. Go to the object of the light, look for the DrawPriority, and set it to 1.

yeah no matter what order i try, the models just wont let my light ball show up in front.. i even tried setting them all with the same priority of 0.. most of the models have a setting of 0, but the light ball was set at 100.

also the light ball model has 2 objects, which i set each to 0 and still nothing. :/

i tried setting the ball to 0, the floor to 1, and the other galaxies to 2 to give a sort of hierarchy.. but nothing changes no matter what i set this property to..

EDIT: ok i fixed it somewhat, im sending you a PM with the details..
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:24:08 PM by Wulfbang Meow » Logged

youngsora1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7294 on: June 15, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »

Mewtwo I was wondering if you could make a Pac-Man (arcade), Bomberman (Rainbow Palace), or a Mario Party (Eternal Star) stage for a project called Reality 64. You probably heard about it a lot by sluigi123. So if you could make one of those stages I would be more than grateful.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7295 on: June 15, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »

I had the idea of making a Pac-Man stage like 2 days before it was announced for Smash 4, and thought it would not be worth to make it (because of the high rate of somebody else doing it after Pac-Man's confirmation) after the announcement.

As it's been once in my plans and you're asking for it, I may make that one.

Stage shadows tutorial

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7296 on: June 15, 2014, 11:21:41 AM »

a pac-man stage would be awesome

youngsora1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7297 on: June 15, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »

I had the idea of making a Pac-Man stage like 2 days before it was announced for Smash 4, and thought it would not be worth to make it (because of the high rate of somebody else doing it after Pac-Man's confirmation) after the announcement.

As it's been once in my plans and you're asking for it, I may make that one.

Thanks!

Now do you give permission for it to be used in Reality 64?

(Also make one of the other stages if you can.)

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7298 on: June 15, 2014, 02:07:54 PM »

maybe something simple like the sidescrolling one in the wii u? (without the princess result at the end) or maybe an elaborate reskin of the mario bros stage?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

youngsora1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7299 on: June 16, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »

Also Mewtwo2000...

I'm pretty sure sluigi123 already asked you, but would you care to join the Reality 64 team? We do need help with stages and character models. I would love a reply whenever you can.

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7300 on: June 16, 2014, 04:12:20 PM »

Also Mewtwo2000...

I'm pretty sure sluigi123 already asked you, but would you care to join the Reality 64 team? We do need help with stages and character models. I would love a reply whenever you can.

While im not the man himself so i couldnt tell you no, but he is already on the Project M team, so hes probably got his hands full with that..

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7301 on: June 17, 2014, 06:16:36 AM »

Also Mewtwo2000...

I thought I answered him already O.o

What Wulfbang Meow says is true, my hands are full, but it's not due to Project M. I got some stuff aside from Smash to work on, and that's why I'm not very active lately. Still, I don't think that's a reason to not help on that project, and of course the Pac-Man stage is free to be used in there. I've started working on it, I'll make different versions with different playstyles, I'll try to find some different options that feel cool. This is the first picture so far:

Stage shadows tutorial

youngsora1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7302 on: June 17, 2014, 08:02:18 AM »

What Wulfbang Meow says is true, my hands are full, but it's not due to Project M. I got some stuff aside from Smash to work on, and that's why I'm not very active lately. Still, I don't think that's a reason to not help on that project, and of course the Pac-Man stage is free to be used in there. I've started working on it, I'll make different versions with different playstyles, I'll try to find some different options that feel cool. This is the first picture so far:

Dude that looks amazing! (I hope there is a version where the whole stage has the arcade Retro look.)

But what did you say to luigi about joining?

If it was a yes can you PM me your skype so you can join the skype chat.
    « Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:17:53 AM by youngsora1 » Logged

Wulfbang Meow
    Fang of Scruffiness
    Supreme Kitten

*Terminator Theme Music*

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7303 on: June 17, 2014, 09:16:15 AM »

lookin pretty sweet so far, do you plan on making it strobe rainbow like the pac-man championship edition?

i think that would be pretty neat, but ive never worked with VIS0's before so idk how hard it would be..

also you might find this amusing mewtwo =P

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #7304 on: June 17, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »

lookin pretty sweet so far, do you plan on making it strobe rainbow like the pac-man championship edition?

i think that would be pretty neat, but ive never worked with VIS0's before so idk how hard it would be..

also you might find this amusing mewtwo =P

Well, it's not a VIS0 thing but I'll definitely do something like that for one of the versions.

BTW, if you want me to make that video for your stage, just send me a PM with both stage and song and I'll do it.

Dude that looks amazing! (I hope there is a version where the whole stage has the arcade Retro look.)

But what did you say to luigi about joining?

If it was a yes can you PM me your skype so you can join the skype chat.

My Skype isn't a secret or anything, so no need to send a PM. It's just 'Mewtwo2000', and you can count on me. Keep in mind that I don't get online too frequently anyway.

Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: