Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1583042 times)
SalaComMander
Hyper Kitten

I am Namesiw, WATCH ME EAT!!!

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #45 on: March 22, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »

I just tested the Crisis City. It's epic, but I have a few of complaints. First off, the giant Tsunami of lava that comes up doesn't do anything, if you can't remove it, make it so that it does something. Second, you might want to alter Silver's flight path, I saw him fly through the lava wall. Third, why are there Chaos Emeralds in the back/foreground? If Sonic used his Final Smash, it could create a paradox!

If you're reading this, just know I am ashamed of the obnoxious kid I was back when I wrote whatever comment this is under.

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: March 22, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »

Alive raquaza's lake is a
    DO WANT

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »

I just tested the Crisis City. It's epic, but I have a few of complaints. First off, the giant Tsunami of lava that comes up doesn't do anything, if you can't remove it, make it so that it does something. Second, you might want to alter Silver's flight path, I saw him fly through the lava wall. Third, why are there Chaos Emeralds in the back/foreground? If Sonic used his Final Smash, it could create a paradox!

The tsunami actually works, but not always, don't know why. It probably depends on where you are. It's easy to remove, but as it works sometimes and it's not really annoying, I'm leaving it as is

Silver's path could be altered, but the lava appearances are random, and Silver is programmed. This means that altering his path or his timings would do nothing, as the probabilities to have him going though the lava would be the same

And... The chaos emeralds... Well, Crisis City is in the far future, those are the chaos emeralds in the future. Sonic comes from the present (Crisis City's past) so he has his own chaos emeralds. In Sonic the Hedgehog, the emeralds of the future are taken to the present time with no consequences, so no paradox will have place while sonic returns to his own time with the seven chaos emeralds when the fight ends O.o xD

--
    I finally got a video recorder, when I fix it I will able to make my own videos xD
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:06:28 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

SalaComMander
    Hyper Kitten

I am Namesiw, WATCH ME EAT!!!

• Awards RAGE!!

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2010, 08:45:29 PM »

The tsunami actually works, but not always, don't know why. It probably depends on where you are. It's easy to remove, but as it works sometimes and it's not really annoying, I'm leaving it as is
    Ok then.

Silver's path could be altered, but the lava appearances are random, and Silver is programmed. This means that altering his path or his timings would do nothing, as the probabilities to have him going though the lava would be the same
    I'm not talking about changing the timing, I'm talking about making it so that he never flies where lava could possibly be.
    And... The chaos emeralds... Well, Crisis City is in the far future, those are the chaos emeralds in the future. Sonic comes from the present (Crisis City's past) so he has his own chaos emeralds. In Sonic the Hedgehog, the emeralds of the future are taken to the present time with no consequences, so no paradox will have place while sonic returns to his own time with the seven chaos emeralds when the fight ends O.o xD
    But you see, only seven Chaos Emerald can exist in a single dimension, across the entire space/time continuum. Trust me, I know this stuff. I've probably done more research on the Chaos Emeralds than the late Prof. Gerald himself.

If you're reading this, just know I am ashamed of the obnoxious kid I was back when I wrote whatever comment this is under.

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »

Any chance of making a 3D version of the super emerald chamber?

BUGKILLER23
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 07:11:14 AM »

Just came back from school so I'm testing it right now.

I'll tell you in the evening or tomorrow

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 07:18:36 AM »

Okay, but leave mushroom kingdom to me, I was not aware of it not working in PAL, so I'll test it out today and will make the needed fixes

I'll upload the beta 2 with those fixes

Any chance of making a 3D version of the super emerald chamber?

Not for now, I have too much projects in mind and a 3D chamber would take me a lot of time ^^U
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:21:19 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Miquel0123
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »

te hablo en español porque se que me entiendes XD

lo que te queria decir es que en la pantalla de mario bros, me he fijado que el techo es muuuy alto, estaria bien que lo bajaras bastante XD, supongo que es mas facil arreglar los limites de la pantalla que los bugs de las tuberias, tambien con los bordes laterales, pero supongo que todo esto ya te lo habran dicho XDD

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »

Here's what he's saying (from Google translate):

"I speak in Spanish because I know what I mean XD

what I wanted to say is that the screen of mario bros, I noticed that the roof is sooo high, I would be okay to come down pretty XD I guess it is easier to fix the limits of the screen bugs pipes, also with the side edges, but I suppose that all this must have told you XDD"

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »

te hablo en español porque se que me entiendes XD

lo que te queria decir es que en la pantalla de mario bros, me he fijado que el techo es muuuy alto, estaria bien que lo bajaras bastante XD, supongo que es mas facil arreglar los limites de la pantalla que los bugs de las tuberias, tambien con los bordes laterales, pero supongo que todo esto ya te lo habran dicho XDD

Si, alguna vez me lo han dicho ya xD

Cuando saque la beta 2 espero que se aprecie el cambio O.o
    ----

In english: Yeah, they already told me that some times xD

I expect you to notice the fix when I release beta 2 O.o

Stage shadows tutorial

Miquel0123
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »

o.o good! (y)

Mit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 03:27:03 AM »

Mewtwo, I edited the death boundaries for Mushroom Kingdom 64 in BrawlWall and I figured I'd let you know how I edited them, as it turned out pretty well.  I'm not going to upload it, however, as I broke the teleportation system when I re-saved it using BrawlWall @_@ perhaps I should try finding these things in Brawlbox and editing them.  Anyways:

I changed the top left death point (Dead0N) to X: -185, Y: 165.  Bottom right (Dead1N) remained unchanged.
    I changed the top left camera point (CamLimit0N) to X: -125, Y: 125.  I changed the bottom right camera point (CamLimit1N) to X: 125, Y: -100.

So, the camera's horizontal boundaries were significantly shrunk down, and it works well.  You can almost never see the DEAD ZONE graphic off to the side unless you pause it and rotate the camera--just like it was in Smash 64.  You will probably see it sometimes still while playing widescreen, and you stretch the screen out very far horizontally and vertically.  Does the stage feel a bit more cramped?  Yes.  But that's exactly how it was on 64 Smiley  Also, it's not like you can't see the pipes or anything.  It's literally very close to the camera in Smash 64.

Death boundaries remained horizontally because they were perfect.  Vertical death boundary, however, was pulled waaaay down to be something much more sensible.  Now it should behave as one would expect while playing.  You shouldn't survive higher than you expect, and you shouldn't die earlier than you would normally think.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, though.  I'm not even sure if BrawlBox uses the same coordinates for Cameras and Death boundaries Tongue

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 04:22:09 AM »

Mewtwo, I edited the death boundaries for Mushroom Kingdom 64 in BrawlWall and I figured I'd let you know how I edited them, as it turned out pretty well.  I'm not going to upload it, however, as I broke the teleportation system when I re-saved it using BrawlWall @_@ perhaps I should try finding these things in Brawlbox and editing them.  Anyways:

I changed the top left death point (Dead0N) to X: -185, Y: 165.  Bottom right (Dead1N) remained unchanged.
    I changed the top left camera point (CamLimit0N) to X: -125, Y: 125.  I changed the bottom right camera point (CamLimit1N) to X: 125, Y: -100.

So, the camera's horizontal boundaries were significantly shrunk down, and it works well.  You can almost never see the DEAD ZONE graphic off to the side unless you pause it and rotate the camera--just like it was in Smash 64.  You will probably see it sometimes still while playing widescreen, and you stretch the screen out very far horizontally and vertically.  Does the stage feel a bit more cramped?  Yes.  But that's exactly how it was on 64 Smiley  Also, it's not like you can't see the pipes or anything.  It's literally very close to the camera in Smash 64.

Death boundaries remained horizontally because they were perfect.  Vertical death boundary, however, was pulled waaaay down to be something much more sensible.  Now it should behave as one would expect while playing.  You shouldn't survive higher than you expect, and you shouldn't die earlier than you would normally think.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, though.  I'm not even sure if BrawlBox uses the same coordinates for Cameras and Death boundaries Tongue

Thanks a lot, any help is appreciated, and your dedication does specially, I have changed those values too, but only by memory, not really comparing the original stage, so they probably would still be a little big. I will take your values, they will sure work in brawlbox, the coordinate system is exactly the same, so it will be a copy-paste

Thanks again, and well, I will have to hurry up, make changes today and try to release beta2 this week ^^U

Stage shadows tutorial

BUGKILLER23
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 06:29:33 AM »

So do I need brawlwall for this? (to change the size of the stage cuz i was trying it with brawlbox)

I actually wanted to make the ported stages from fairknight to get to work but I dont know how to add .rel files to the stage pac

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2010, 07:02:23 AM »

Brawlwall allows you to edit spawn/camera/death points while viewing the collisions, thats the point, and it's 2D, more easy to see

The rel files go into the module folder, and must be slighly edited to be used for a stage. I mean, if you want to make a final destination working in 75m, you have to get the st_final.rel from the game, and make a small edit to it so you can use it as a st_donkey.rel file in the SD

EDIT: Now I'm home I see that my fix and mit's are very similar indeed.

Dead0N (Mit) -> -185,165
    Dead0N (Mewtwo) -> -185,160
    CamLimit0N (Mit) -> -125,125
    CamLimit0N (Mewtwo) -> -130,130
    CamLimit1N (Mit) -> 125,-100
    CamLimit1N (Mewtwo) -> 130,-100

So my fixed camera is 5 points bigger, and my top death is 5 points lower...

The difference is minimal, I'll get Mit's camera limits and I'll leave my dead limit xD
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:33:48 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: