Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 74
Author Topic: The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early  (Read 588567 times)
LeNNoN
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #480 on: April 21, 2014, 05:43:44 PM »

A few questions for people experiencing freezes with the HUD:
- What kinds of mods are you running? Model imports, or simply textures?
- NTSC or PAL?
- Have you modified the HUD files in any way?
- Project M, Brawl, or some other Brawl code-set?
- Are you running BrawlEx?

Thanks for any answers, it'll help us narrow down what could be causing the issues.

simply textures
NTSC
no i dont modify the hud hacks
i use a keitaro's code list but i modify a rotate stage codes
i dont running the brawlEX

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:45:22 PM by LeNNoN » Logged

Leon Exodio
Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #481 on: April 24, 2014, 09:19:04 PM »

i finally download one of the models you made at first i was not impressed but when i played it in game i was like wow this is amazing keep it up

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #482 on: April 25, 2014, 09:51:30 AM »

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates lately, but I've got an announcement to make!
    No, we're not quitting.

Up to this point we've been working on making textures with the goal of making them more "Nintendo-esque," meaning reducing their designs to a more simple approach. From this point onward though, we'll be changing our project goal from "Nintendoise" to "Modernise" and focus on bringing the Smash 4 visual style to Brawl. I'll explain in detail why we've made this choice in a bit, but what does this mean for you guys? More consistent textures, as we'll actually have an established visual style to work off of. Maybe even faster releases because we'll have reference material as well.

As we've made progress, we've received feedback on a few characters that they just didn't look right (namely Ganondorf and Roy) while other characters were well recieved even though they were developed the same way. We've thought about this for a bit,and realized that though the "Nintendoise" approach works well for more simple characters, it doesn't translate well to more complex characters like Ganondorf. To illustrate this, I'll be using charcters from both extremes: Toon Link and Ganondorf.

Here's Toon Link as we have him currently. His design has a clear inspiration from his Wind Waker appearance.
    Then, we have Ganondorf. We tried to imagine him as he would look between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, a bit like how people described Skyward Sword initially.
    Though they look consistent, there's just something that doesn't feel right with Ganondorf because his design called for more realistic textures.

To test this theory, we tried giving Ganondorf more realistic textures:
    He looks much more fitting with darker and more detailed textures. The difference is most noticable in the hair.
    But then put him beside Toon Link, and the difference in their styles is huge. They just don't look consistent, and don't look like they're part of the same game at all.
    We then realized that Smash 4 is visually doing what would make sense for us to do next, so we chose to create a Smash 4-esque texture for Toon Link:
    Much better! Ganondorf gets to keep his more detailed textures, and Toon Link still fits in. Keep in mind that these textures are both still WIPs, and are subject to change.

As you could probably tell, we were already drawing inspiration from Smash 4, but now to keep consistent we'll take as much as we can from Smash 4. We don't aim to replicate Smash 4 1:1, as some things can't be done as they are in Smash 4. That said, this is still a visual overhaul of Brawl rather than a complete mod.
    We won't be adding Smash 4 characters.
    We won't be reworking the gameplay to match Smash 4.
    We won't be adding Young Link.
    We will still be called Smash 3 though. We've come up with a new logo to go with our new project goal as well!

We hope to roll out these updates as soon as we can, and thank you all for your continued support!

We've also added a FAQ to the OP, you'll be happy if you read it.
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:53:39 AM by Taiko » Logged

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #483 on: April 25, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »

This is actually a really good idea.
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:13:42 AM by Mansta8 » Logged

Halcreix
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #484 on: April 25, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »

That's a great idea and you explained it quite well, personally, I don't have any problems with all released textures so far, in fact, I really like them (Being Marth's, Mario's, Luigi's, Toon Link's, Sheik's, Link's and Zelda's my favorites) since I find them more lively and colorful than Brawl's original textures, but this new style looks even better IMO Smiley

Characters Like Ike, Marth, Sheik, Link, Metaknight and so, surely will look really badass with this new perspective (Ganondorf being a good example). I'll look forward to see what you have to share with us in the future, I'm a big fan of this project and everyone involved, good luck and good work!

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #485 on: April 25, 2014, 05:04:11 PM »

If you guys redo Roy's textures, can you PLEASE bring back his yellow color even if it's an extra or something? Nothing against the recolors included in the pack, I just love Roy's yellow color more than anything, and was kinda upset that it wasn't included.

That being said, good luck. I really liked how this was turning out previously, and this new style looks even better.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #486 on: April 25, 2014, 06:19:26 PM »

So I downloaded the Smash3 texture and jesus christ the PAC file size is 2000+ kb. It kept causing my PSA to crash.

Have you guys considered the PSA side of this or will this project just revolve around cosmetics?

If it disregards PSA's, then it's fine. But I think that should be added in the description. The PSA I made has only a couple of extra kb added to it, and the texture would keep causing it to silent freeze.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #487 on: April 25, 2014, 06:34:41 PM »

So I downloaded the Smash3 texture and jesus christ the PAC file size is 2000+ kb. It kept causing my PSA to crash.

Have you guys considered the PSA side of this or will this project just revolve around cosmetics?

If it disregards PSA's, then it's fine. But I think that should be added in the description. The PSA I made has only a couple of extra kb added to it, and the texture would keep causing it to silent freeze.
    Which character specifically are you talking about? That sounds like Meta Knight. If it is Meta Knight, his revamp should have a much smaller file-size. If it's Link, I'm not sure what his new file-size will be post update, but we'll try to cut it down some.

EDIT2: The new file-sizes will be much smaller for both Link and Meta Knight.

This project is purely cosmetic, so we haven't really thought about PSA's at all. If your PSA hits the file-size limit when combined with our stuff, try reducing the size of the characters textures by half for some additional space. The file-size for most of them is hiked up due to rim lighting and other material/model edits.

EDIT: It's also possible there's something else causing an issue. All of these work with Project M move-sets (though I'm not sure what sort of file-size comparison we're dealing with), but if yours isn't too much larger than an original Brawl move-set, something else may be the problem.
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:00:56 PM by Shun_One » Logged

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

silver856
    Expert Kitten

Waddle Boom! Jump Glide!

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #488 on: April 25, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »

Just gonna leave this here

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #489 on: April 25, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »

Which character specifically are you talking about? That sounds like Meta Knight. If it is Meta Knight, his revamp should have a much smaller file-size. If it's Link, I'm not sure what his new file-size will be post update, but we'll try to cut it down some.

This project is purely cosmetic, so we haven't really thought about PSA's at all. If your PSA hits the file-size limit when combined with our stuff, try reducing the size of the characters textures by half for some additional space. The file-size for most of them is hiked up due to rim lighting and other material/model edits.

EDIT: It's also possible there's something else causing an issue. All of these work with Project M move-sets (though I'm not sure what sort of file-size comparison we're dealing with), but if yours isn't too much larger than an original Brawl move-set, something else may be the problem.

It's Link, and if it's purely cosmetic then don't worry about the PSA thing. I just want to know if some movesets might not work with it.

I know for a fact that there is no coding issue or filesize problems with the moveset files. As soon as I removed the Smash3 stuff, it no longer froze on the SSS.

I'm absolutely loving the stuff you guys are putting out, and I'll do my best to make sure that all my movesets are Smash3 compatible as I'm guilty of making new animations for moves that I'm replacing (and also having a lot of unnecessary keyframes not impressed)

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #490 on: April 25, 2014, 07:05:14 PM »

It's Link, and if it's purely cosmetic then don't worry about the PSA thing. I just want to know if some movesets might not work with it.

I know for a fact that there is no coding issue or filesize problems with the moveset files. As soon as I removed the Smash3 stuff, it no longer froze on the SSS.

I'm absolutely loving the stuff you guys are putting out, and I'll do my best to make sure that all my movesets are Smash3 compatible as I'm guilty of making new animations for moves that I'm replacing (and also having a lot of unnecessary keyframes not impressed)
    Thanks. I edited my post with an updated answer, but I'll post it again and a quick fix for you till we release Link's update (which may or may not take a while depending on things)

Link's new file-size is literally cut in half from the previous one. For a quick patch, re-encode his textures to CMPR.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #491 on: April 25, 2014, 07:15:51 PM »

-if I may, since Brawl currently doesn't support Normal maps. Perhaps try using very dark textures + specular maps to achieve a similar effect as seen in Smash 4?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #492 on: April 25, 2014, 07:29:40 PM »

-if I may, since Brawl currently doesn't support Normal maps. Perhaps try using very dark textures + specular maps to achieve a similar effect as seen in Smash 4?
    Good idea. I'm a bit worried about filesize since we'll need to have spec map versions of all the textures, but we'l experiment with it and see if we can find something that works.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #493 on: April 25, 2014, 07:38:28 PM »

Wario? Wario!

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #494 on: April 25, 2014, 07:46:41 PM »

Good idea. I'm a bit worried about filesize since we'll need to have spec map versions of all the textures, but we'l experiment with it and see if we can find something that works.

Not necessarily. You can make simple speculars for things like swords and stuff. The characters are all that will actually them for their textures.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 74
    Print
    Jump to: