Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 74
Author Topic: The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early  (Read 588590 times)
The Professor
Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #630 on: August 12, 2014, 10:02:48 AM »

I know there isn't anything revealed of my little green friend, But I really hope he gets Black, White, Purple, and Orange DLC colors. I'm talking about yoshi, if that wasn't clear enough.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #631 on: August 12, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »

That Mewtwo looks too good.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #632 on: August 12, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »

Also, about that Rainbow Mewtwo...
    https://www.mediafire.com/?n16pghbcz3v192u
    probably THE WORST piece of work I've ever done...
    but hey, it's something. The tail is kinda funky, but I guess it works for now.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

T25XL
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #633 on: August 12, 2014, 02:55:26 PM »

I guess I might as well share a few reasons to why the smash 3 HUD freezes people.

1. File Patch Code Version, or the code itself could be corrupted

2. Other codes may be causing the info.pac to freeze, that's what happened to me. I had the Replacement Soundbank Engine v1.20 and that code was causing the freezing, once I took it off it was fine

3. Corrupted file, meaning while you downloaded it, it just happened to get corrupted during the process or somewhere during extraction. There may be a corrupted texture in info.pac

4. Used the wrong one.

I also noticed that both the brawl version and project m version are actually the exact same. I looked under the in-game names for the brawl version, I found mewtwo and roy in there. You guys should check that out. I used brawlbox to view them

NinfanNanz
    Expert Kitten

I will fight to protect.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #634 on: August 12, 2014, 02:56:27 PM »

His tail looks like playdoh! XDD

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #635 on: August 12, 2014, 03:21:07 PM »

I guess I might as well share a few reasons to why the smash 3 HUD freezes people.

1. File Patch Code Version, or the code itself could be corrupted

2. Other codes may be causing the info.pac to freeze, that's what happened to me. I had the Replacement Soundbank Engine v1.20 and that code was causing the freezing, once I took it off it was fine

3. Corrupted file, meaning while you downloaded it, it just happened to get corrupted during the process or somewhere during extraction. There may be a corrupted texture in info.pac

4. Used the wrong one.

I also noticed that both the brawl version and project m version are actually the exact same. I looked under the in-game names for the brawl version, I found mewtwo and roy in there. You guys should check that out. I used brawlbox to view them
    This is helpful.

I did not know some of the other codes could cause info.pac to crash, thanks.

As far as using the wrong one, it shouldn't matter terribly much. I did extensive testing with both and ran into no issues in Brawl or P:M. The Roy file is extra, while the file name for Mewtwo replaces what is an unused entry for Pokemon Trainer. it should work fine, but if you run into some bizarre glitches I'll check it out when I get a chance.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

RAWRzilla
    Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

• Awards Renowned Hacker Starstormer Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor

« Reply #636 on: August 13, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »

Any chance of snagging those PSDs for the ones that are missing? Pleeeeeeeeeeaze

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #637 on: August 13, 2014, 11:04:13 AM »

Any chance of snagging those PSDs for the ones that are missing? Pleeeeeeeeeeaze
    It's more up to the creators, but I'll let them know that we should prep them for public release.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #638 on: August 13, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »

I have an idea for a recolor, but it would require s texture animation for Armored Mewtwo.

EDIT: *Sigh* I know you may not like this, but I have to be very brutally and bluntly honest with you guys.

So I just opened Armored Mewtwo's Armor texture...I have to say: this is ridiculous. The degree of separation of everything in the PSD is a level even I never subscribe to. I have a nasty perfectionist streak myself, but this makes even me look tame. It's no wonder it takes you guys so long between releases: you're taking the ridiculously long way around to doing this. All of this could be done on two-three layers and no more than that. But here you have layers for what seems like literally every single little thing. This alone makes extensive edits difficult and makes locating specific layers a big pain in the butt. It makes for more controlled edits, but there are easier ways to do that.

There can't possibly be a good reason for separating everything into so many layers like this, guys. You can do better.
    « Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:11:29 PM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #639 on: August 13, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »

I have an idea for a recolor, but it would require s texture animation for Armored Mewtwo.

EDIT: *Sigh* I know you may not like this, but I have to be very brutally and bluntly honest with you guys.

So I just opened Armored Mewtwo's Armor texture...I have to say: this is ridiculous. The degree of separation of everything in the PSD is a level even I never subscribe to. I have a nasty perfectionist streak myself, but this makes even me look tame. It's no wonder it takes you guys so long between releases: you're taking the ridiculously long way around to doing this. All of this could be done on two-three layers and no more than that. But here you have layers for what seems like literally every single little thing. This alone makes extensive edits difficult and makes locating specific layers a big pain in the butt. It makes for more controlled edits, but there are easier ways to do that.

There can't possibly be a good reason for separating everything into so many layers like this, guys. You can do better.
    These are released so people can make their own recolors. If someone wants to change details then these PSDs are not made with that process in mind to be easy. The details folders are just made for the individual developers to work on things the way that's comfortable for them to work. We're not trying to make it user friendly for the public beyond "paint bucket to make simple recolors".

Being the one who did Armor Mewtwo, the organization makes sense to me, and allows for fine-tuned editing if it needs to happen. If I don't like the way one shadow looks, no need to smudge around the other ones already there since it's already on a seperate layer. It just makes it easy for the way I work. Flattening everything to appear "more organized" might affect how the layers display, making the end result look different, even if it's miniscule. This is something I'd want to avoid, so the PSDs are released as-is for the public to make sure you guys get the same outcome that we would.

There are other reasons why we take time between releases too. We don't work on this 24/7, and there's the life factor as well. It's not really the texturing that takes long, it's finding the time to do it.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #640 on: August 13, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

Like I said though, it makes finding specific layers, at least for me, extremely difficult. You didn't even name the individual layers describing what part of it inhabits the layer, doing so little as "High_Helm_Bottom" or "High_Helm_Top" or "High_Helm_Side" and more would make locating everything much easier and make the process of recoloring much faster and streamlined.

The way it is now, making a good recolor, which requires sometimes extensively editing things, an adventure and a half. Example: I tried to find the engraved lettering present on the armor's backplate in order to edit it, intending to edit it's shape so it's not so jagged. I had to play a guessing game of switching visibility on and off on multiple layers simply to find it. The fact the layers aren't even named makes this even worse.

It's not a matter of flattening everything. It's a matter of limiting the number of layers you use to achieve something in order to make future edits easier not just for you, but for other people too. You may have it mapped out in your head where everything and anything in the document is, but other people don't have that luxury.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #641 on: August 13, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »

Like I said though, it makes finding specific layers, at least for me, extremely difficult. You didn't even name the individual layers describing what part of it inhabits the layer, doing so little as "High_Helm_Bottom" or "High_Helm_Top" or "High_Helm_Side" and more would make locating everything much easier and make the process of recoloring much faster and streamlined.

The way it is now, making a good recolor, which requires sometimes extensively editing things, an adventure and a half. Example: I tried to find the engraved lettering present on the armor's backplate in order to edit it, intending to edit it's shape so it's not so jagged. I had to play a guessing game of switching visibility on and off on multiple layers simply to find it. The fact the layers aren't even named makes this even worse.

It's not a matter of flattening everything. It's a matter of limiting the number of layers you use to achieve something in order to make future edits easier not just for you, but for other people too. You may have it mapped out in your head where everything and anything in the document is, but other people don't have that luxury.
    That's because it's not meant for extensive editing, it's simply meant for quick recolours using the same base that we use. It's made for the average person with Photoshop to be able to quickly change the colours to create their own additional costumes.

Naming layers like "High_Helm_Side" makes no sense to me and doesn't really help organize things either because of the way I work, I'd rather just group them all in a folder titled "Helmet" then divide it by shadows, highlights, or detailing since that just makes more sense to me. It's not necessarily made for other people to be able to edit easily, it's just made by what makes sense for me.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #642 on: August 13, 2014, 05:06:24 PM »

I have to be very brutally and bluntly honest with you, this is your second dumbest complaint yet.

Read our goals Velen.

->We focus in our characters and how they look in-game.
    ->The PSD's are nothing more than a privilege, not part of our goal.

Now you're telling us how to do the PSD's for the public? Really?
    We released it so people can experiment with it and get their own work of art... not walk them to school and do their homework. Because we will never, EVER finish this project if that happens.

I learned one thing in this place, if you want to create something wonderful and done right, you have to dedicate time to it, if you want something simple, don't get the PSD's, just get paint.net and hue and saturate. Some character's texture maps are complex, and honestly, the layers has to be complex so you can have full control over it. Biggest example would be ROB, his PSD will be the trickiest to edit.

Like it or not, you have to deal with it and learn the insides and outsides of a PSD's to create your art. We are not willing to focus more on them, and focus less in our goals.

Remember, having the PSD used in a texture project is a luxury, we might as well not release them at all.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:07:44 PM by Scout » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #643 on: August 13, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »

@Taiko: Fair enough then.

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #644 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »

I really like the HUD you guys did. Gives a nice fresh feel for the game. Too bad it's not for Brawl Minus. Oh wait.

I can take it down if you guys really care though.

Pages:  1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 74
    Print
    Jump to: