Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 74
Author Topic: The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early  (Read 588614 times)
Darxmarx
Advanced Kitten

Best Teacher Award

View Profile Awards
« Reply #720 on: September 08, 2014, 07:06:51 PM »

That's... beautiful...
Definitely an improvement to the original Smash 3 Ganon, in my opinion anyway.  Great job! Smiley

NinfanNanz
Expert Kitten

I will fight to protect.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #721 on: September 09, 2014, 02:33:00 AM »

Ganondorf looks too good. Awesome work guys.

Also, is it just me, or did ROB's pose change?

Taiko
Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #722 on: September 09, 2014, 05:39:42 PM »

Question, how far inf do the polys for the two plates near the elbow on the gauntlet go?
    What do you mean, exactly?
    Also, is it just me, or did ROB's pose change?
    It may or may not have

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #723 on: September 09, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »

What do you mean, exactly?

The gauntlet, it has plates near the elbow, how far in are they modeled?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #724 on: September 09, 2014, 10:02:52 PM »

Hey guys, I have a sudden announcement to make regarding the Project M Alternate Costumes.

As you all know, Smash 4 is coming. You all probably know we're fuelled by our motivations, so I hope you can understand that at this point with the game just 4 days away, our motivation is dwindling right now. I've had the opportunity to play the demo, and I can say that this game is just too good. So good, in fact, that I can't see myself returning to older Smash titles. The same is true for the rest of the team, we just can't see ourselves having the motivation to finish the alt costumes now that the game is so close.

In addition, our team is not as large as you guys might imagine. At this point in time, we only have 2-3 active texturers, and two active modellers. Shun was already planning to leave Brawl modding when October 3rd hit, making us feel like we had a deadline to hit already. As you might imagine, retexturing Brawl is already a huge task in itself, so doing the alt costumes would just take too much time on top of the remaining cast we have to finish.

Here's where you guys' opinions are important to us, as we have two options:
    1) Replace the alt costumes with recolours which are MUCH less time-consuming to do, and you guys would get a "completed" build much faster.
    2) Don't do the alt costumes or replace them at all, leaving the cool stuff the PMBR does, but an overall inconsistent build.

Again, I hope you all understand. Thanks for sticking with us all this time, it's been great seeing all the feedback we've gotten from our users. But in the end, we just want to play games too.

The gauntlet, it has plates near the elbow, how far in are they modeled?
    It's the same as the Brawl model, so about this far:
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:07:49 PM by Taiko » Logged

Darxmarx
    Advanced Kitten

Best Teacher Award

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #725 on: September 09, 2014, 11:02:14 PM »

Oh man, decision time...
    Creating different, easier to make alts. would look nice with the build.  However, I don't really want you guys to do some more work when Smash 4 is where all the hype's at.  I'm fine with you not making any alts.

ledgerewskie
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Star Hacker Diamond in the Rough

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #726 on: September 10, 2014, 12:25:39 AM »

Is it possible that you guys could simply create some matching CSPs/renders for the Project M alts?  That would help our builds feel complete without as much extra work on your part.

Layell
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Featured >9000 Star Hacker Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #727 on: September 10, 2014, 12:53:13 AM »

I suppose now might be a good time to mention that I have had a little page with all the Smash 3 unofficial skins for a while: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fENLMFpTD2wdIyfaXOCFl-lU6lmZ3s5ezcThemKftUE/edit?usp=sharing

It's sad to hear but once you guys make the skins it is relatively easy for folks to edit the existing PSD's and CSP stuff for recolours. I'm sure many of us would appreciate you guys making available any/all unfinished or unreleased stuff you had before the deadline you created.

But if anything finishing the main characters would be nice : d

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #728 on: September 10, 2014, 03:41:16 AM »

There should be Smash 3 Dr. Mario

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #729 on: September 10, 2014, 05:15:53 AM »

Is it possible that you guys could simply create some matching CSPs/renders for the Project M alts?  That would help our builds feel complete without as much extra work on your part.

Not sure about that, we already told everyone we are not working with Pm alts. Rendering itself its a task that takes a certain amount of time depending on the character, also, rendering what we did not worked with seems... unfair to us.

There should be Smash 3 Dr. Mario

Same thing to you.

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #730 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:43 AM »

Do....
    1) Replace the alt costumes with recolours which are MUCH less time-consuming to do, and you guys would get a "completed" build much faster.
    this. If anybody REALLY wants the P:M models that badly, they can just go ahead and add them on their own. Having to "leave us" with an inconsistent build would be kind of a shame.  If anything, make sure to give everyone enough DLC colours so even if you DO decide to leave the P:M models in, we'd still be able to get an "all Smash 3 experience".

Oh, and with October 3rd being THIS close, does that mean some of the older models won't get updated? I REALLY want to use that updated Bowser model I saw on your blog some time ago, and I'd love to see what you guys can do with that new Wii U/3DS Samus model released recently.

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #731 on: September 10, 2014, 09:08:13 AM »

As of now, here's our gameplan with your guys' comments taken into consideration:

Characters who are not released as of yet will get priority over simple updates. This does not include Sonic, Bowser, or Ike, their updates will proceed normally. Any characters after that will get their updates released when they're finished, if we feel like finishing them. At the moment these include characters like Marth, Fox, and Falco. They are slight though, so don't expect drastic changes.

For Project M users, you guys will get extra recolours instead of costumes for more consistency. The extra costumes won't be team-friendly, however (some of Project M's costumes have team colouring). This can be fixed with cBliss, but we don't want to mess with the P:M codeset to avoid any issues. In Ike's case, he will get his current costume as his alternate, while his new model takes his main set. We will release an additional DLC pack for those who want the extra recolours as well. We were planning on adding Awakening Marth as Marth's costume, but after looking around, it seems Shun has lost the PSDs, so Awakning Marth will most likely not happen.

Seeing as there are people willing to try texturing the P:M alts themselves though, we'll upload our assets (where permission permits, some people might not want their stuff shared). Keep in mind that these will be released as-is, so some files may be messier and harder to navigate than others. I'll also create a tutorial for texturing in the Smash 3 style using the same techniques we've been using.

Thanks for understanding guys, this is why we love you all.
    « Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:24:17 AM by Taiko » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #732 on: September 10, 2014, 09:10:26 AM »

could we get a ganondorf .psd?

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #733 on: September 10, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »

Not sure about that, we already told everyone we are not working with Pm alts. Rendering itself its a task that takes a certain amount of time depending on the character, also, rendering what we did not worked with seems... unfair to us.

Same thing to you.
    OK I understand

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

Samusfan1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #734 on: September 10, 2014, 10:14:15 AM »

Are MK and Roy still getting updated models?

Pages:  1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 74
    Print
    Jump to: