Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Using Pass Frames for Specials  (Read 1541 times)
ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 27, 2013, 09:52:08 AM »

If this is your 1st time tackling the Special Tabs, read This Tutorial first.

To those of you who don't know what Pass Frames are, Pass Frames allow you to change animations while copying the frame count it's currently on. Meaning, if the character uses the Special in the air, and lands on the ground on frame 20. The animation for the ground version will jump to frame 20, and will continue to play the animation, instead of starting from Frame 1. Normal Characters use this for some of their Specials. Ike's Specials, Bowser's Specials, Zelda's Specials, in fact, many characters use this. It's practically a necessity to know how Pass Frames work. So, let's get started.

Here's a Special that does not use Pass Frames:

Here's what the same Action should look like to make Pass Frames work. Use this image as a guide.

I decided to give you the Event Setup Right off the Bat cause there's no particular order as to when you should place Said Events. As long as it looks something like this in the end. There are also other ways of using Pass Frames, but this is a more common way. I will however leave you off with a few notes...

- The Variable used should be a Random Access Bit. I used 16 cause that's what the Normal Characters use.

- I would take out any Change Action Events that involve changes to The Ground and The Aerial States... It'll most likely make the Pass Frame not Work.

- If you don't see the Pass Frame Parameter in your Change SubAction Event, You should know that there are 2 Change SubAction Events. Try the other one if you don't see it.

- The Additional SubAction Change Requirement Event had it's Paramater set to Requirement. If you have it as a Value, change it to a Requirement, or use this as a guide to what you need to input...
    ----- On the Ground Version, set it to 4, which is Equivalent to In The Air.
    ----- On the Air Version, set it to 3, which is Equivalent to On The Ground.

- It's important that you place your Loop Events to prevent the game from Crashing.

- Edge Slide Events and Air/Ground Status Events should be placed between the If: Event, and the If Value: Event (Else: Event and If Value: Event in the Air).
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:25:56 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: