Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: Current Public Clone Engine  (Read 71161 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013, 02:30:07 AM »

it was so fun with porting articles!

even if it was originally PWs work first, I ported it to PAL and learn alot of how modules works, especially the article section! you learn actually alot if you "redo someones into a deeper scale in thought" (thats sounds bad but its true)

Dant, that porting IC and transforming character looks awesome! I would actually love to look on those modules deeper and see if I can port it to PAL and learn stuff!
    I might ask alot of question if you do so but I want to learn! knowledge is power!

as for the Clone Machine in this topic, what is it in the codes that causing it to make it unstable? you said that it was characters Modules itself so it must mean the modules and the clone engine not want to co-operate with each other and causing it unstable.
    like the code is trying to load the module and the folder thats in, but module is still trying to reload stuff from it own "previous" stuff in the Sora_melee causing the memory unstable?

is it like that or am I completely out on wrong road?
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:31:32 AM by Sora_pikazz.rel » Logged

Stupid Tinypic :C

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 02:42:24 AM »

Using the extra slots...all the ones after MarioD..they aren't really character slots. There are many tables in the games memory that assume that the character ID is below MarioD's, and the game ends up writing to random places in memory (invalid pointers) or overwriting blocks of memory, (the save data can be corrupted easily).

The places that are overrwritten aren't even constant, because they depend on whatever data happens to be after each table in memory, which in some cases, is constantly changing.

This resulted in a long period of time where PMBR members complained about random things freezing, and some people running into random freeze issues that persisted even when loading the game without codes.

These codes barely resemble the ones currently in use, we had to go about it differently, and unfortunetly, its resulted in codes that don't work without Project M modules, and modules that don't work without Project M codes.

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 03:22:42 AM »

Using the extra slots...all the ones after MarioD..they aren't really character slots. There are many tables in the games memory that assume that the character ID is below MarioD's, and the game ends up writing to random places in memory (invalid pointers) or overwriting blocks of memory, (the save data can be corrupted easily).

The places that are overrwritten aren't even constant, because they depend on whatever data happens to be after each table in memory, which in some cases, is constantly changing.

This resulted in a long period of time where PMBR members complained about random things freezing, and some people running into random freeze issues that persisted even when loading the game without codes.

These codes barely resemble the ones currently in use, we had to go about it differently, and unfortunetly, its resulted in codes that don't work without Project M modules, and modules that don't work without Project M codes.
    I looked into the pointers of the codes and there so much extra space that the information can be stored.

But I thought that the problem for the slots freezing randomly was because of the result and record data not being there for the character, therefore, adds it's own information to another part of the memory which "corrupts" and or changes values of an offset that may or may not already be constant changing.

This is just a theory though, so if you were able to find an empty space for the pointer to refer to, do you believe it would work flawlessly? And since you already developed a working clone engine, how much space should people look for in order to actually make our own functioning one?
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:39:50 AM by ShadowWolf » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: November 13, 2013, 04:03:00 AM »

so techiqually, the solution is something like this:
    1. increased somehow the memory and let you use the extra IDs while the module loads the rest it needs
    2. you found a unused ID for a character that works (like the extra 7 unused IDs) and make sure that the problem will not repeat itself in the modules.
    3. you bypass the ID error by using a statement like "is this ID is selected in CSS, do NOT load the same ID and use this instead" while the Module itself made it so only ITS ID were load and not the other ones "same" ID

or a completely diffirent thing in the codes that skip the problem completely

you said also that the P:M character modules only work with the Clone Engine. how much does the Modules relies to the other P:M codes? cause I was thinking if I could learn more about the codes and ASM and how modules works together with the code, I could try to do a stable version for Public release together with the modules thats need for it! or at least understand how to make one

Stupid Tinypic :C

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2013, 04:19:52 AM »

so techiqually, the solution is something like this:
    1. increased somehow the memory and let you use the extra IDs while the module loads the rest it needs
    2. you found a unused ID for a character that works (like the extra 7 unused IDs) and make sure that the problem will not repeat itself in the modules.
    3. you bypass the ID error by using a statement like "is this ID is selected in CSS, do NOT load the same ID and use this instead" while the Module itself made it so only ITS ID were load and not the other ones "same" ID

or a completely diffirent thing in the codes that skip the problem completely

you said also that the P:M character modules only work with the Clone Engine. how much does the Modules relies to the other P:M codes? cause I was thinking if I could learn more about the codes and ASM and how modules works together with the code, I could try to do a stable version for Public release together with the modules thats need for it! or at least understand how to make one
    Well considering that the module folder within the P:M folder is basically filled, I think it's safe to say that the module relies a lot on the codes. Plus, they also edited the sora_menu rel as well so... I think it's safe to say yes

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: November 13, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »

I have no idea what exactly you've been reading except Dantarion's posts, but ever since I've been an admin here, a large number of people on the boards have been pretty hyped to get a fully-working Clone Engine. You calling them a "small niche/group" just to appease Dant is honestly kinda insulting.
    That, or just parroting his "100 people in the entire world".

When i call this group a small niche. it's in comparison to those who have Project:M. or are in anticipation of Project:M. it's small now cause people rarely post nowadays and if they do post it's about asking if a character is finished or a request. the General discussions are okay. i my self would love a Clone engine, don't get me wrong it's a sexy thought. just compared to the people i know who want Project:M more so than a personal mod set is VERY limited. people want the easy route more so. and sometimes just one super mod is easier than the more customizable ones. but i digress. we are a small niche. we weren't at one point but Project:M has gotten huge.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: November 13, 2013, 08:59:20 AM »

I looked into the pointers of the codes and there so much extra space that the information can be stored.

These codes don't modify the pointers. Or the tables.
    You are looking at where the data for loading the characters is stored i think

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »

These codes don't modify the pointers. Or the tables.
    You are looking at where the data for loading the characters is stored i think
    Yeah you're right, my mistake. But I feel like the reason why it's freezing is just because the slot doesn't have its own record and result data. From the codes that we have now, can you tell us a way to improve off of this or would you prefer we figure it out on our own for learning purposes?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »

@ Ultraxwing: I'd love to argue with you all day about who's got the biggest (fanbase), but honestly for once that there is a constructive discussion going on about the CE, I'll pass on derailing it.
    PM me if you really want to talk about it, but I'll stop discussing that matter on this thread unless really needed.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

kadapunny
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: November 13, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »

Call me an [censored], but where's the "fighers" folder for this, if there is one? Also, would roy work as marth? I'm generally for the clone engine to add more costumes, not really new characters. But jolly good show rin!

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: November 13, 2013, 02:44:44 PM »

adding more costumes has already been handled by cBliss. The clone engine has to handle a LOT MORE than just managing costume flags and cosmetic textures Cheesy
    ----
    Edit:

I might stream my screen and port a character from scratch sometime soon, would anyone find that interesting?
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:46:10 PM by Dantarion » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2013, 02:48:59 PM »

Yay productive discussion. A stream would be awesome.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2013, 02:51:49 PM »

I might stream my screen and port a character from scratch sometime soon, would anyone find that interesting?
    Having tried before and failed miserably, I would like to see that. Too bad I have to work tonight

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: November 13, 2013, 02:58:14 PM »

would anyone find that interesting?
    Yes

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2013, 02:59:45 PM »

adding more costumes has already been handled by cBliss. The clone engine has to handle a LOT MORE than just managing costume flags and cosmetic textures Cheesy
    ----
    Edit:

I'm interested as well. But on certain days, I'm busy with school and other stuff Tongue will this stream be recorded as well?

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: