Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Who should come out first?  (Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 02:26:35 PM)
Black Knight - 9 (27.3%)
Chrom - 18 (54.5%)
Hector - 2 (6.1%)
Roy - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29
Author Topic: The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik  (Read 130719 times)
Lito
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2014, 04:44:52 PM »

Sorry for the late replies, I haven't had a chance to get to a in a bit. But yes we heard of brawlex, and a Chrom setup would be great. I'm just waiting for them to be able to put more than 50 characters on the css to get it set up, for we are using triple rasta at the moment.
But that's great, BK will probably be next if he's possible.
I'm also glad he isn't freezing for you anymore.

Yes... his face. Thing is, were not responsible for the model, and we are awaiting the new one to come out. So once it does, the model wont be a problem anymore.

You are correct about the animations seeing updates though, but if you could let me know which animations you think could be better that would be great. That way I don't miss anything.

As soon as Hosernaut uploads the clone I'll take a look at the in-game animations and tell you which need fixing. I'll also be doing the same with everything else you have. I may not have any knowledge on how to animate but I have a keen eye and am very analytical so I can notice all of the small details that would require fixing. With that said I will do my best to help this mod succeed.

Revan
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: January 08, 2014, 06:34:39 PM »

I'll upload the clone later tonight. I'll also include a read-me with how to change which slot its over, incase your 3F is already filled. I'll also include the individual files and a guide on where to place them, once again in case you already have a clone pack started. I figured out how to get the CSP names, BPs, and franchise icons to be custom as well, so I'll edit it to include those as well. I also have a Chrom announcer call being made, which should be ready on Monday.

Who is BK over again? I think I remember it being toon link, and if that's the case, he's not currently clonable, but Toon Link is the next clone being worked on.

I can do Nephenee since she's over Pit, but since you don't have a beta release for that yet, I'll hold off for now.

Awesome, we're trying to figure out his FS right now, but after that he will be done aside from the minor tweaks that need to be done. Its also awesome that you are making all of those files, as it makes a character feel more complete. I'm super stoked about the announcer call in particular. 
    But yes Bk is over Toon Link, I suppose he will have to wait for that.

As soon as Hosernaut uploads the clone I'll take a look at the in-game animations and tell you which need fixing. I'll also be doing the same with everything else you have. I may not have any knowledge on how to animate but I have a keen eye and am very analytical so I can notice all of the small details that would require fixing. With that said I will do my best to help this mod succeed.

Sounds good to me, whenever you get the chance. I would just like to get as many eyes on Chrom as i can to make him the best he can be.
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:04:53 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: January 09, 2014, 05:08:54 AM »

is there an estimated release for Chrom yet?

Edit also do you think we can have a roy beta since he's so close to completion?
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:47:09 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: January 10, 2014, 05:16:02 AM »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't uploaded the clone yet. I was editing it to include a CSS icon I made of Chrom, and I broke the clone. I have no idea why either, as it looks like it should all be correct.

I'll remake it later today if I can't figure out what I did. Actually, I'm probably just going to remake it without trying to fix the first one. It'll probably save time in the long run.

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
    In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: January 10, 2014, 06:05:31 AM »

Helping out the best I can with Chroms final lol

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: January 10, 2014, 11:20:26 AM »

is there an estimated release for Chrom yet?

Edit also do you think we can have a roy beta since he's so close to completion?

Short answers. No clue and No.

Chrom is done aside from his final smash and some other little odds and ends. So once that's done he'll be on his way.

And even though Roy is "close" to completion he is missing his N-B that we are giving him and some additional changes. If he even gets a beta release it won't be until those things are done. Which will be started once I get chroms final to stop hating me.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: January 10, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »

Alright thanks for the reply,take your time.Can't wait for these to be made,they all look so amazing!

EDIT:After playing the beta's for a little while,these are amazing,I haven't encountered any bugs that weren't posted here.

They are both so different and have such different play styles and they feel so well done especially for a beta,I can  not wait for the other characters!
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:27:46 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: January 11, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »

Awesome, Chrom has seen several aesthetic fixes since the beta, so once his final is finished he's gonna be released soon after. I've also finished the animation of the second hit of the Air Side Special and it looks much better, and helps prevent opponents from abusing his need to use his Side B to get back to the stage.

I've also seen that when he uses his Up B correctly near the edge of the stage while an opponent is trying to recover, he can kill the opponent at around 70 damage. He does this by catching the recovering in the attack, then throwing them down while catching the edge. I'm not sure if I will change this because it's pretty hard to use correctly in battle, and if used wrong there's a potential for him to kill himself.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:20:01 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: January 11, 2014, 01:57:23 PM »

I'm going to do the testing today, clone hack or not because tomorrow I'll be busy and on Monday I start college. I'll let you guys know what I think by tonight!

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: January 11, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »

Nice!Glad you are making progress.

Would Black Knight v1 be next because of how the poll went or what?

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: January 11, 2014, 06:01:09 PM »

Let me just start out that playing this hack feels like playing a Brawl character, I just have a few complaints about where his moves are placed and how a few work. Let's get started, shall we?

Down Smash: Looks a bit weird. Could use some touch ups. What you could do is make the animation flow a bit better.

N-Air - It would make sense as the up air and changing the n-air to something similar to a spin similar to the one in his aether. But quicker and only one quick spin? His current one is still really good.

U-Air - That is an awesome animation, but I don't know where it would go if you make his standard special what I mentioned before. Maybe make it the Up Smash so he differs from Ike there too.

Side taunt - Needlessly long and would fit much better as a wait animation.

Wait 1 - Speaking of that, his wait animation is kind of weird and doesn't go with his idle at all, which could also use a little bit of work. Seems very fast an impatient, maybe a slow down or just smooth it out a little bit.

Back Air - In the start up it looks like he's slashing something. Hard to spot because it happens so fast, I had to slo-mo to finally figure out what was bothering me about it.

Up Taunt - When he moves his sword to his sword hand it looks really weird.

Down Taunt - The sword could go deeper but other than that, it's great

Taunts in general - They make this weird wind trail that was present for Ike, not sure if you can fix it but if you can't, that'd be great.

Model - We talked about it but I hafta make fun of it. He looks so high man, he looks like he's seen some [censored] man, he looks like he's tired of all of the Smashes bs man.

Dash Attack - Could go a bit farther, but other than it's fine.

--------MEANWHILE IN BLACK KING CENTRAL---------

Side Taunt - T-POSE

Specials - Standard special's charge animation makes him look kind of like he's doing one of those old bounce only dance

Aerials - Ganondorf moves, but they fit well so I can't complain.

Jab - I like that final attack, nice little reference(if it's even supposed to be one).

Tilts - I like how he simply uses his arms, but then there's his up tilt. He could use something more, not sure what. You guys will surprise me.

There's more but it's really small and I can't talk about it right now, let me know what you guys think of what I've said!

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: January 12, 2014, 12:41:32 PM »

Alright thanks for the detailed review Lito
    I just have a couple questions and stuff before I go and start hacking up his moveset.

Down Smash: I'll take a look to see what I can do to make it look better.

N-Air: Not exactly sure if this attack would look good as an up air, only because there is a bigger hitbox and more range under him and around him, rather than above him. Also I don't quite understand what you mean about making it more like the spin in Aether, because there is no spin in the animation lol. Though he will in the second hit of the Aerial version of Aether will have a spin.

Side Taunt: I agree, pretty much made something just to be there in the Beta. Also he can only have 2 waits because of stupid ass file size issues.

Wait 1: Not sure what you mean by "Idle" as far as i'm concerned the Wait 1 is the idle, but I may be wrong. I will make the Wait 1 look smoother though. 

Up Taunt: I will try to make it look better, but it is A REAL PAIN to make his sword go from one hand to the other and make it look right, as the bone for his sword is not connected to his off hand. So I have to move the trans and rotation of the sword to counter every movement of his other hand. With that said I'll try my best.

Down Taunt: Through several model and sword changes, the animation became imperfect. This animation is straight from Awakening, so I'll make it look better to better represent what it is supposed to be.

Taunts: I haven't put much looking into the aesthetic wind, though I do think it looks good on the down taunt. But all the wind will be refined for the release.

Model: HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Dash Attack: Considered.

-------------At Burger King-------------

Taunts: We have put no thought into them, the T-Stance is from lacking an animation all together. We had to delete a bunch of stuff to get him working, but he will have all the proper animations for his release.

NB Charge: I will try to make it not look like a dance? lol

Aerials: The forward is Gannon's which is altered to better fit a sword in his hand, and the down is Gannon's, but he has Toon Link's Down A Air physics to make it different (Me Stating the Obvious to the world) lol. But the rest are completely custom, I do get what you mean though, I was going to change the Down A Air, but damn it looks cool when the Black Knight stomps your ass down lol

A combo: yes, the whole thing was taken from his game, but the last hit is altered a bit.

Up Air: I will consider a change, but the attack itself is almost too good with its speed. If used near the edge on a recovering opponent it is an almost guaranteed KO, even at low damages, hence the small hitbox.

I am glad you didn't say anything about his balancing. He is incredibly strong, and being the strongest character we have worked on, even the strongest character out of the original brawl roster, it was almost a guessing game giving him proper strength and speed for his attacks. 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:44:59 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: January 12, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »

Do these two have a multiplier on their counter like Marth and Ike have?

Lito
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: January 12, 2014, 09:44:54 PM »

I'm here to answer questions before bedtime!

N-Air -By spin I meant forward slash flip, I guess. But I supposed that's fine. i actually grew to like the up air to the point where I don't want it replaced.

D-Air - Marth's d-air would probably work better as his current one feels... weird.

Taunts - Take your time on them. You can make one of thetaunts where Marth holds his sword to his head. Just that part only.

---- BK-----

Basically he bounces up and down during his neutral air and it looks very unBlackKnightly

He very clearly needs a lot of work ans I can't wait to see what you do to him. Also after BK, can you do Hector? there's like 10 Roy hacks but not a single Hector. I'd love to have an all star team.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: January 12, 2014, 10:02:29 PM »

Looking back at your gifs for Chrom, I'd probably polish up the wait with him flipping his sword. Add more motion to when he's about to catch the sword and make it get weighed down when he catches it.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: