Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Who should come out first?  (Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 02:26:35 PM)
Black Knight - 9 (27.3%)
Chrom - 18 (54.5%)
Hector - 2 (6.1%)
Roy - 4 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 29
Author Topic: The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik  (Read 131505 times)
RevenantMammoth
Newbie Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 13, 2013, 02:26:35 PM »

Kirby Dance Kirby Dance
    This is a PSA topic about the current PSAs both ShinyMammoth, and myself, RevenantGenesis are working on outside from Pokemon Brawl. Right now were only working on Fire emblem characters but i'm sure we will work on more in the future.
    Current WIPs (All animations posted are subject to change and or updates/fixes.)

SSBU Sheik Info Coming Soon

Gifs will be added soon.

Black Knight
    Progress: 60%

The Black Knight has always been one of my favorite villians of the Fire Emblem series, so I only see it fitting that he gets an awesome PSA. Like Chrom, I took several animations the Black Knight does in his game and tried my best to replicate them. The Black Knight will have powerful attacks with percise hitboxes.
    Previews
    Wait1 (no .gif)

Up Smash
    Side Special
    Neutral Special Charge
    Neutral Special

Chrom
    Progress: 90%

Aka the cool guy lord. I have been working on this Chrom hack here and there ever since I saw that the Fire Emblem modeling thread was working on a Chrom model. Plus he has a strong possibility of making it onto the roster of SSBU seeing how popular FE Awakening was. I tried to replicate a few animations that he is seen doing on the 3DS, along with his winning animation from the 3DS as one of his taunts. When it comes to Character balancing im trying to find a happy medium between Marth and Ike.

Previews Semi Outdated
    Wait1 (FE: Awakening)

Wait2
    Down Taunt (FE: Awakening)
    Up Taunt
    Attack Dash
    Side Tilt
    Up Tilt
    Side Special (Aether: FE: Awakening)

Side Special 2 (If Hitbox Connects)

Hector
    Progress: 75%

I was pretty happy to see that Tormod made Hectors model, and once I got permission from him to make the PSA I continued animating for him. Hector is having a couple small codding problems but it shouldn't be too long before they are fixed and his progress is continued.
    Previews
    Wait1

Attack Dash

Up Tilt

Down Smash

Neutral Air

Forward Air

Up Air

Back Air

Side Special
    Up Special

Final Smash
    Alright so here's how this thing works.
    1. Hector switches his Axe to his other hand, then while he spins his axe above his head it will trap all opponents caught in the spin for the rest of its duration.
    2. Hector smashes the opponents caught in his axe spin to the ground and bounces them slightly above his head.
    3. Hector swings his axe above his head and traps an opponent in a throw collision and places them in range for Lyn to begin her attack.
    4. While Lyn teleports around the affected enemy, her body will also act as hitboxes to knock other opponents near the person trapped by the throw collision.
    5. Lyn will strike opponents in range several times dealing massive damage.
    6. Hector drops in and finishes anyone in range or affected by the throw collision.

Nephenee
    Progress: 60%(Most animations done, and some codding)

Nephenee is turning out to be one of my favorite PSAs. Her spear is just so big it makes for interesting attacks with great range, and she has the utilization of her Shield as well, which she will use for both attacking and reflecting projectiles. She will also be able to put her Shield away, and take it back out with her Down B, which will change a couple of her attacks. In addition to being able to put her Shield away, it will break off after taking a set amount of damage. Nephenee will still be able to pull her Shield out again when this happens.
    Previews
    Wait1

Wait1 (No Shield)
    Side Tilt

Down Tilt

Side Smash

Up Smash

Down Smash

Neutral Air

Forward Air

SpecialN
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This attack is quite interesting. How it works is you will first press Neutral B once, activating a short stance of sorts. From there, depending on how many times you press B while the short stance animation is going, Nephenee will do different attacks. If you don't press B after activating the stance, Nephenee will return to her Wait1. Regardless if Nephenee has her Shield out or not, she will pull her shield back out after attacking. She wont pull her shield back out if you don't attack out of the short stance.
    SpecialN1
    SpecialN1 (No Shield)
    SpecialN2

SpecialN3
    (For this one I cut in the SpecialN1 so you can get the full effect.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SpecialS
    SpecialS (No Shield)

Roy [FE13]
    Progress: 99%
    Should be done soon, just some small graphic and animation adjustments.

Pointless you say? Well I disagree. I began making this Roy PSA before the game came out because of how excited I was upon seeing Roy's appearance on the Fire Emblem Awakening roster, and because of how cool his new art was. Little did I know he would just be your average run of the mill Mercenary  I see what you did there ... But that didn't stop me from working on him. This Roy is more of a collaboration Roy compiled of different attacks from several different Roys on the vault along with a few extras. I will add a detailed list of the attacks I used and which PSAs I got them from, along with all the creators of the PSAs to give proper credit. Odds are this PSA wont be released until the Awakening Roy model is released.

As for his psa, he will similar to Marth's strengths and speed in areas, while being better or worse in others. A trait he will share with Marth is his percise hitbox on the tip of his sword, but rather than having it on the tip, it will be more on the base of Roy's blade. The hitbox will have increased hitlag, deal more damage and knockback. To compliment the hitbox on Roy's inner blade, he will run faster than Marth, and have more gravity for balancing.
    EDIT: Keep in mind, all these animations may look different in-game because altered with Frame Speed.

Previews
    Wait1
    Dash Attack
    Side Tilt
    Up Tilt
    Good ol' Side Smash
    Up Smash
    Down Smash
    Neutral Air
    Forward Air
    Back Air
    Up Air
    Down Air
    Neutral Special
    What were gonna do is send out a few invisible hitboxes that will explode if they hit someone to replicate the attack just blowing up on you. The animation is done, I just thought that this would get the point across better.

Side Special
    For Roy's Side B combo, I plan on making an all new combo, different from all the others on the vault.
    Down Special
    We are using the Counter from the "Brawl Style Roy Beta" where he explodes with flames when hit, but we plan on making the graphic and hitbox smaller for balancing.  

Screenshots
    *Photos by solarflare4774

ouch

Pokemon we're working can be followed here.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0

Future PSAs

Moveset

-Ground Attacks-
    Side Smash:
    A short ranged Horn Charge attack.
    Down Smash:
    Spyro does a spin attack with his tail.

I'm not really sure what to do for the rest of his grounded attacks.
    Up Smash:
    -----

Neutral A:
    -----
    Side Tilt:
    -----
    Up Tilt:
    -----
    Down Tilt:
    -----

-Air Attacks-
    Neutral Air:
    Similar to Charizard's, Spyro curls up and spins forward.
    Forward Air:
    Spyro rams his head forward.
    Up Air:
    Spyro does a single flap of his wings, hurling himself upward and attacking with his back
    Back Air:
    Spyro attacks behind him with his tail.
    Down Air - Head Bash
    Spyro dives downward and smashes his horns into the ground.

-Specials-
    Neutral Special - Fire Breath
    (Charge Move) A two stage charge, First stage being his standard fire breath, and the second being Superflame. (Also considering taunting to change his breath, only aesthetic)
    Forward Special - Horn Charge
    (Hold) One of his signature attacks, Spyro Lowers his head and sprints forward. Once released Spyro will continue to sprint for for a short time before stopping. This attack can go off the edge.
    Down Special - Wing Shield
    (Hold) Spyro covers his body with his wings, deflecting projectiles. (Possibly will block attacks)
    Up Special
    Similar to MK's, Spyro flies upward and and in a slight circle, which initiate's his glide rather than special fall.

-Glide Attacks-
    In addition to his regular glide attack, which will probably be a gliding Horn Charge, he will be able to use his Neutral B fire breath attack.
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:19:31 PM by RevenantMammoth » Logged

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:34:12 PM »

Reserved for space.

Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
    Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
    "If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

cephalopod17
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »

Looks great so far. I am glad someone is making a Chrom hack!

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »

Black Knight looks great. He's in my top 10 wanted characters for SSB4, so I'm really looking forward to this. Smiley

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »

:0 :0 :0

0: 0: 0:

I really wanna see previews for these.

Also, you have use of my art skills if they are needed. FE is my favorite game series.

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
    In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 12:58:55 AM »

Thanks for the support guys. I'll try to get a video preview for Chrom soon, and I'll keep your name in mind if we need any help.

"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 02:04:09 PM »

Update! Black Knight is now fully functioning. I still have some work to clean him up a bit. I would love to get my hands on the Fire emblem models of a spear and javelin but my poorly vertexed models will do for now.

I will post pictures, either here or in the OP when I get home and can take a few.

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »

Update! Black Knight is now fully functioning. I still have some work to clean him up a bit. I would love to get my hands on the Fire emblem models of a spear and javelin but my poorly vertexed models will do for now.

I will post pictures, either here or in the OP when I get home and can take a few.

Doesn't the Nephenee model have a spear? Also, did you use an existing model for the Black Knight, or did you port/make a new one?

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »

Yes I am actually already using nephenee's spear vertexed for both the javelin and spear. Sadly that model isn't the legitimate "spear" and looks nothing like the javelin.

And It is an existing model I'm not sure which one ATM but I can find out later on.

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »

Yes I am actually already using nephenee's spear vertexed for both the javelin and spear. Sadly that model isn't the legitimate "spear" and looks nothing like the javelin.

And It is an existing model I'm not sure which one ATM but I can find out later on.

I'll keep my eye out for something that could work. Once you find out which existing model this is, I'll work on stock icons, and if no one else is doing it, I'll make the intro images used in sc_title (still trying to get the lighting right for this, but I've pretty much got it) Also, do you have re-colors yet?

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »

I I'm going to try my luck at ripping them from one of the Wii games. Since the don't really need to be rigged I think I can handle it. And yeah I think we have recolors for him already. Thanks though

The Professor
    Extreme Kitten

Nantsutte tsuchatta

• Awards Hot Topic Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 06:28:55 PM »

*aka the cool guy lord*
    Yeah, definitely sounds like chrom.
    Voted for chrom because yus.

Professor is best Nichijou character.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »

I'll keep my eye out for something that could work. Once you find out which existing model this is, I'll work on stock icons, and if no one else is doing it, I'll make the intro images used in sc_title (still trying to get the lighting right for this, but I've pretty much got it) Also, do you have re-colors yet?

Intro images would be sweet. I started making some for pokemon brawl a while back. Try using the bronze option in Gimp and mess around with the images base saturation, it works out pretty nice. You can also make it look like the light is coming from a different source through gimp. When it comes to BK recolors we only have the original and his Red Green Blue colors. I'd like to see what you can do so feel free to work on that.

*aka the cool guy lord*
    Yeah, definitely sounds like chrom.
    Voted for chrom because yus.

Chrom for the win! lol Definitely my most anticipated character for SSBU. He should be done anytime now, I've done my best to rip his SFX from what I can but I need more to cover everything before he's released.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:53:23 PM by RevenantGenesis » Logged

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »

Intro images would be sweet. I started making some for pokemon brawl a while back. Try using the bronze option in Gimp and mess around with the images base saturation, it works out pretty nice. You can also make it look like the light is coming from a different source through gimp. When it comes to BK recolors we only have the original and his Red Green Blue colors. I'd like to see what you can do so feel free to work on that.

Chrom for the win! lol Definitely my most anticipated character for SSBU. He should be done anytime now, I've done my best to rip his SFX from what I can but I need more to cover everything before he's released.

Can you send me the model? Or tell me which one you guys used? And thanks for the advice on the intros. I think the bronze effect might be what I was missing. I'm going to check it out in a bit.

Revan
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »

We're using this one.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25210

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: